The family and I had a staycation weekend for my daughter's birthday weekend. We were supposed to go to Mall of America but the Polar Vortex kept us in Illinois. We decided to do a weekend of Legoland, Gameworks and Woodfield Mall. I will first begin with the pros:
1. Check-in was quick and easy
2. Customer Service was courteous and professional. Thanks "Pita".
3.Value was a great sized suite for a nicely discounted price. We paid $115 a night for a 2bdr suite with pull out sofa that slept 8ppl
4. The option for full breakfast each day was nice.
5. The grounds, though snow covered, were spacious and scenic
6. The beds were comfortable!
This hotel has great potential until the potential is actually realized the cons will continue to negatively define the Sonesta Es Suites Schaumburg. Here are the cons:
1. This one can't be fixed, however, the location is not conveniently or closely located to Woodfield Mall or any of the restaurants in the vicinity. The hotel is tucked away in a residential area about 5 blocks from the mall action. A car is definitely needed.
2. The rooms were severely OUTDATED. Clearly the last upgrade sans the beds and bedding must have been done in 1984.
3. Large heavy tube tvs. Why they haven't invested in flat screens throughout escapes me since they aren't expensive to replace.
4. Another surface clean hotel. Dust and dirt in the corners, water stains, random hairs in the bathroom, carpet stains etc...existed. Deep cleaning is badly needed.
5. Apparently, when the hotel was purchased by a new owner they decided to do an exterior facelift and change the doors and outside railing etc..from turquoise to brown. Now the doors and surrounding railings and hardware are in need of replacing or repainting it is chipping and pealing everyone. The doors actually looked like they were falling apart, only to discover it was chipping paint. The chipped door paint follows you under foot into your room.
6. Damaged and breaking stairs. We stayed on the second floor. Climbing the stairs to our room had to be done cautiously.
7. Suspect and sketchy employees. Neither maintenance or housekeeping wore uniforms.
8. Housekeeping only dumped the trash and replaced towels. Good thing we are clean and neat naturally. The rooms could benefit from regular/daily housekeeping.
9. Sofabed mattress was thin, flimsy, old and had several questionable stains. Replacing the mattress is something they should consider.
10. The furniture in the rooms need to be replaced with NEW updated furniture. The current furniture looks to be USED hotel resale furnishings complete with bumbs, bruises and scratches.
11. Poor cable reception. The tube tvs fluctuated between clear and snowy
12. The rooms had an odor that smelled dank. This could have been because of the old used furnishing, carpets or curtains or a combination of all. This was helped with Alora room diffusers we purchased for our 2night stay.
In closing, this hotel has the potential to sink or swim. Right now they are floating until they have to do either. I hope this review and others will encourage them to be better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the all new Sonesta ES Suites Schaumburg near Chicago, IL! The hotel is located in the heart of the Woodfield Mall and only minutes from O'Hare International Airport (ORD) and great corporate neighbors like Motorola, Zurich, Siemens, OSHA, Pfizer, AC Nielsen, ADP, Navistar,Experian, GE, Bechtel and Fanuc. Guests will find our close proximity to IKEA, Arlington Race Track, Medieval Times Dinner Theater, and downtown Chicago convenient. Sonesta ES Suites offers an all suite experience with extended stay rates, as well as free high-speed internet access and local calls in every guest room! Our redesigned in-room work areas and ergonomic desk chairs will make work a little easier, and we also offer a daily complimentary breakfast buffet, evening reception and on-site 24-hour convenience store. Enjoy our seasonal heated outdoor swimming pool,sports court and BBQ grills. Shuttle service is available within a 5-mile radius. Spacious one bedroom, two bedroom, two bath suites are ideal for an extended stay as well as a quick visit. The newly reimagined Sonesta ES Suites Schaumburg offers plenty of space and privacy with,fully equipped kitchens,full ovens, microwaves, full size refrigerators, even the pots and pans. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Sonesta ES Suites Schaumburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Schaumburg Hotel Schaumburg
- Schaumburg Staybridge Suites