“Large room” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 25 Hotels in Schaumburg
Kandahar, Afghanistan
“Large room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I meet family for a shopping/relaxing weekend. The two bedroom suite had lots of room - loved that! Close to lots of shopping and entertainment including Woodfield mall, IKEA, and Medieval Times. Also pet friendly. It was a 10 min drive to the Park and ride to catch the train into the city - very convenient. The only real issue with the hotel were the raccoons - we saw several on the property - including on the second floor of one of the hotel buildings. The breakfast was good.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
northern california
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Stopped here while visiting chicago and dropping off child at college. Good access to freeway/Chicago. Lots of local shopping to stock up for college as well (Ikea, Target, Kohls, Bed Bath). Breakfast was great. Selection varied each day. Room size was great. Condition OK. Fold out was kinda on its last legs. Placement of light switches was odd and it took a day to happen upon the switch to the bathroom sink (near the bed). Laundry room worked well.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Lima, Lima, Peru
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Was a really fantastic experience in our first time to visit Chicago. The hotel has comfortable areas, free breakfast, basketball court, friendly attention. We are from Perú and my wife and I visited Down Town. The Hotel have free Shuttle around 5 milles or 8 Km. They leave in train station Roselle. The hotel is near to supermarkets, bestbuy, cricket shop and Woodfield Mall. I'm pleasure to recomend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
RIDGELY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I believe this used to be a Staybridge at one time. Staff was great. Actually had a 2 br 2 bath so LOTS of room. Freshly painted but furniture needed updating although nothing torn or dirty. They were doing major work on the outside..painting, new stairs, landscaping so it will really be nice when it's done but was still fine for this trip. Breakfasts were decent - some days better than others. Decent location and TV stations to choose. Good internet service. Would definitely consider another stay in the future but still would compare other suite hotels for pricing.

Room Tip: Having that 2nd bathroom was great..both baths nice nice :)
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Breakfast was good, but don't expect real eggs or any pork bacon or sausage. The shuttle is free for a 5 mile radius but may not always be available. Property is under construction so there are crewmen and tablesaws, boards and nails. Rooms have everything, but no flatscreens or oven, there is just a cooktop with all of the cookware and dishes you'll need. Location is perfect, we were able to walk to Woodfield Mall (huge) and AMC theatre, only about mile away. There is also a Whole Foods grocery store near theatre. My heart broke when I learned the hot tub spa had been cemeted over. I was a little put off at the fact that my room was in a secluded corner where there was considerable construction going on. I was told that that was the only 2 bedroom, 2 double king suite on the property. The construction crew did not disrupt my sleep but it was ugly to look at and I had a four year old who tripped on red hooks pertruding from the ground. There was no injury, but I was still dissappointed that the soil and mulch outside the door was all upheaved. I would have split my large family up into two rooms had I known this ahead of time. We were in room 2013 I believe. We did not want a smoking room either but I did not find that to be a problem.

Room Tip: Get a room near the pool if you plan to use it, you'll thank me later Lol. Anywhere else is a lo...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
maureen f, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Schaumburg, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
I appreciate your feedback and thank you for staying with us. Everyday we strive to do our best as a team and make a guests' stay as enjoyable as we can. Please come back and visit us next year after we are fully renovated. Thank you again for staying with us.
Newmarket
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Very friendly, helpful staff. Comfortable, large suite. Comfortable beds. Great WiFi. Great breakfast. Good evening reception meal. Furniture is older, but renovations are in progress. I would definitely stay again. Good value for the money! Great location. Only a mile from Woodfield Mall.

Room Tip: The 2 bedroom suite is very roomy and comfortable for families. Each bedroom has a full bathroom.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I love this place. It was a dream place, the staff was awesome, we felt welcomed the minute we walked into the place. The breakfast was great. The pool looked great, but we didn't get a chance to get in.
We booked 7 days there, on our second day, or toilet broke.. we told the office within hours we had a brand new toilet.
Thanks to Sal!! we love you Sal!!

The room was very big and spacious. It was clean the beds was very comfy.

I would diffidently stay here again and will recommend to all my family and friends

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
maureen f, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Schaumburg, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
I would like to thank you for staying with us and am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again when you are in the Chicagoland area.

Been to Sonesta ES Suites Schaumburg? Share your experiences!