“Loved this hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of HYATT house Chicago/Schaumburg

You added HYATT house Chicago/Schaumburg to your Saves list
HYATT house Chicago/Schaumburg
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1251 East American Lane, Schaumburg, IL 60173 (Formerly Hyatt Summerfield Suites Schaumburg)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #24 of 25 Hotels in Schaumburg
california
“Loved this hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2010

I travel to the Schaumburg area monthly for business. My company just started using this hotel and this was my first visit. The staff was amazing! So helpful and just seemed to really care about my stay. The hotel itself is beautiful and the rooms are huge. I loved the free membership to Bally's and the convenience of having so many restuarant choices within a short walk. From beginning to end, it was a great stay and I look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Algonquin, IL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2010

Well first of all Hyatt should be ashamed to have their name on this hotel!

At check-in I was treated very poorly by the front desk lady because we booked our room on expedia.com She said if we booked with Hyatt then she would treat us better.

We arrive to our room, VERY COLD. The heat was not running at all and it was 30 degrees below freezing outside!

The room is very dirty, pillows have markings on them, the FULL kitchen advertised is a joke, everything from the sink to the refrigerator is compact.

Well I take that back, the toaster was full size.

Whatever you do, do not book at this hotel!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Summerfield_Suites, General Manager at HYATT house Chicago/Schaumburg, responded to this review, March 31, 2010
I appologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is not only to meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed you expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2009

I was looked forward to check this Hyatt property since they were really promoting this together with their Hyatt Place. While Hyatt Place is really likeable, Summerfield Suites had similarly pleasant furnishing in public areas, but as soon as I opened the door to my room there was a horrible smell. Not sure if it was from the carpet or something else, but it was an old smell. Luckily, I did not need to stay there overnight so I did not waste my time in changing rooms. The room itself had a full size fridge, microwave, range oven. The windows were small and dirty of layers of dust. I did not expect this kind of room from one of the Hyatt-chain hotels

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
Summerfield_Suites, Heather Wehling, General Manager at HYATT house Chicago/Schaumburg, responded to this review, April 6, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on the hotel. We take these very seriously and make sure to address any issues guests have. I apologize that your stay was anything less than perfect. I have passed your review onto the housekeeping department so that these issues are resolved.
Thanks again for taking time out of your schedule to let us know how we are doing.

Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2009

Stayed for 4 nights starting 11-21. Everything was perfect, great breakfasts every morning, indoor pool, sauna, whirlpool. I was given a free upgrade to a whirlpool tub simply out of niceness by the manager. Staff was amazing the entire trip. Made me feel at home. Their professionalism and cheerfulness was infectious. Location is in the middle of everything around the mall. Can't wait to return.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
indianapolis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2009

This hotel was great for a traveling family with children of any age. It has a living room and small kitchenette in the center of the room with wood laminate floors and then a bedroom off of each side of the living room/kitchenette for a total of 2 bedrooms. The rooms were great but the bathrooms were not the cleanest (found hairs in several places) and after my daughter crawled on the laminate living room floor her hands and feet were black from dirt. gross. If they can step up their housekeeping, this hotel would be the perfect place! Great price, free breakfast, super close to shopping at Woodfield Mall and Ikea. I might stay here again, but might wipe down the bathroom and living room floor.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to complete this review. I apologize that you ran into some cleanliness issues while staying here. I have forwarded this information onto the housekeeping manager to ensure that future guests do not have the same issues. I hope that you will come to stay with us again.

Toronto, Ontario
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2009

So, I read the reviews, checked out the photos and thought it can't be that bad can it? Well, it can be...this hotel is basically some old hotel that has been "renovated" (take that claim with a grain of salt). I am here right now so I will just list off all the problems. Be advised, we were booked here for 4 nights but the moment I saw this room I went to another hotel (and checked the rooms) and booked there for the next 3 nights.

Besides the free wireless, here are the issues:

- front staff guy was pretty confused
- lots of drunk people in the lobby from the free happy hour
- no paint on the room walls, just nasty old stucco
- sticky laminate floors
- dirty carpets
- dirty couch
- old kitchen with a fridge that sounds like a 747
- room smells rank
- noisy trashy bar across the road (john barleycorn?)
- old bathroom
- teeny, old, crusty windows
- broken safety latch on the door
- the online photos don't tell the truth!

Good things:

- I get to leave tomorrow morning!!!
- free wifi to find a new hotel and write TA review

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Summerfield_Suites, General Manager at HYATT house Chicago/Schaumburg, responded to this review, April 6, 2010
I apologize for the experience you had at the hotel. We have made drastic improvements in both the cleanliness and service offered at the Hyatt Summerfield Suites. I thank you for taking time out of your schedule to complete this review of the property. Its with your comments we are able to improve our product. Again I am sorry for the bad experience you had while staying with us and I hop that you'll give us another chance the next time you're in town.

Chicago, IL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2009

We were staying here for 5 nights for my nephew's wedding. First 2 night the beds were creaking and also the bathroom toilet was not flushing correctly. They moved us to a different room, then we had issues with the showers and no one cleaned our rooms for the next 2 nights. We complained but nothing was really done for us. They gave us 50% off one of the nights. To be honest with you, I would have been happy if they fixed all of our issues and cleaned our rooms but this wasn't the case. You can find better hotels near schaumburg and hoffman area with comparable prices.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
I would like to apologize for the experience you had while staying at the hotel. Our job is to ensure each guest has an enjoyable stay and from reading your review you did not. With reviews like yours we are able to focus on our shortcomings and improve for our guests. There have been great improvements in our service and cleanliness since your stay. Again I apologize for the issues you had during your stay, but do thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience.
Heather Wehling

Been to HYATT house Chicago/Schaumburg? Share your experiences!