“nice breakfast, quiet location, friendly staff, clean room” 5 of 5 stars
Review of HYATT house Chicago/Schaumburg

You added HYATT house Chicago/Schaumburg to your Saves list
HYATT house Chicago/Schaumburg
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1251 East American Lane, Schaumburg, IL 60173 (Formerly Hyatt Summerfield Suites Schaumburg)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Shop and Stay Package
Ranked #23 of 25 Hotels in Schaumburg
Toronto, Canada
“nice breakfast, quiet location, friendly staff, clean room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

On May 17, 2013, my family visit Chicago and stay here for one night. The breakfast is pretty good. From hot sausage to cold milk for you to choose. The room is clean and make you feel like home. It doesn't use the cheap thing like Extend Stay cross the road. The only thing is the noise of the refrigerator in the midnight, but you can turn it off. I didn't have wireless problem since I connect the laptop with the RJ45 cable provided on the table.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
GMHyattHouse, Assistant GM at HYATT house Chicago/Schaumburg, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Dear Valued Hyatt House Guest,

Thanks for your great review! I am happy you stayed at our property and felt at home. Sorry for late reply, but I hope that your trip back to Toronto was good and on time. I hope that the next time your in Chicago again you will stay with us.

Jennifer Guzior
Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel! The check-in was wonderful- I mentioned that it was our anniversary and we were suprised by a free upgrade! The room was great- clean, comfy bed, the bathroom was very nice, the fully stocked kitchen was a beautiful surprise and helpful and the whirlpool tub (which came with the upgrade) was awesome. The staff was great and helpful, the social hour was good and the breakfast was decent. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
GMHyattHouse, General Manager at HYATT house Chicago/Schaumburg, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear Valued Hyatt House Guest,

I am glad to hear your anniversary stay at our hotel was great! The whirlpool suite is one of our most popular suites, and I'm happy that you got experience it. No matter the occasion our staff always welcomes all our guests into our hotel and tries meet their every need. Perhaps the next time you are celebrating another special occasion, you can plan to come back to our hotel! Later this year we will be doing renovations to our hotel, so you can expect even more next time! Thank you again!

Johnston, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

The check in was awesome- personnel were very friendly and nice. Room was nice- huge frig/ freezer- oven microwave. The room/ bed was smaller than I would have liked but we reserved thru Hotwire and I think you get what you get:) the bed wasn't the most comfortable and music playing from somewhere - not the hotel- until 2:30 am made for a long night- the other room we reserved that our teenage daughters and friends didn't hear the music- and they slept fine- breakfast was free and a very large variety- my husband said it was probably the best free breakfast. Check out was great- again very friendly personnel. Our room was VERY clean and the bathroom was nice. All in all it was a nice stay:)

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Valued Hyatt House Guest,

Thanks for staying with us! I am happy to hear your stay was nice! I apologize about the music, it was coming from the nearby bar/nightclub across the street. The next time you stay with us again, we will place you on the opposite side away from the night club. I'm glad to hear your were satisfied with some of the in room amenities and with the breakfast. I hope to see you again the next time you visit Illinois! My name is Chris and I look forward to your next visit!

kansas city
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

On current business trip, the house wireless was not usable and the front desk directed guests to call the service provider rather than admit that the wireless had been unavailable for 2 days. They claimed that they had wireless service on their Ipads and that " a few rooms on some floors had a low signal" Later in the even when I could not find any wireless service on any floor a maintenance worker admitted that they had lost service and that the next day they were getting new hardware. The decision to stay here cost me hundreds in billable hours , I will not be booking here in the future.

Room Tip: check the wireless before accepting a room
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Hyatt House Guest,

I am sorry for the loss in business and the inconvenience you experienced at our hotel. Our internet service historically is very reliable and stable. However during your stay with us it did go down unfortunately. It was a rare and regrettable occurence as our service has been good the past year. I regret that you had to go through this. I hope that you will give us another chance in the future.

Hamilton, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We typically stay at another property when visiting Schaumburg but found a great day for the Hyatt House and thought we'd give it a try. We were pleasantly surprised at the wonderful location - close to mall and restaurants and easy to get in and out of. The staff was always pleasant and were quick to greet us. The room (we stayed in a queen suite) was a great set up and allowed our kids to play around a bit. The pool was a bit cool the first day there but by day 2 it was much warmer. The best part of staying here was the food. We were incredibly impressed with the "cocktail hour" during the week. The food was plentiful and tasty. Breakfasts every morning were well stocked and again we found the food delicious. We felt the food alone was worth staying again! The pool was small and often crowded while we were there.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
GMHyattHouse, General Manager at HYATT house Chicago/Schaumburg, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear Valued Hyatt Guest,

Thanks for giving our property a chance! I glad to hear you were satisfied with the food. Our evening social cocktail hour is always a fun occasion for our guests to enjoy 4 days a week. We take extra time and care in preparing our food for both breakfast and social hour. I do apologize about the pool being too small, hopefully next time you visit it won't be so crowded. Thanks for your great review, I hope to see you at our hotel again the next time you visit Schaumburg, IL!!!

Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Traveling for business, this hotel is a must if you are in Schaumburg Ill. It is well placed near offices, Woodfield Mall, restaurants and the highway. The facilities are older but cared for and all stuff works. More importantly, the staff care. They will do whatever you need (within reason of course) and always with a huge smile and pleasant tone. Highly recommend staying here for business.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
GMHyattHouse, General Manager at HYATT house Chicago/Schaumburg, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Dear Valued Hyatt Hotel Guest,

Thanks for your great review! I am glad to hear our hotel met your needs as a business traveler. I hope your flight back home overseas was safe and on time. Please come again and enjoy your next stay with us! Myself or one of my staff members look forward to welcoming you back. My name is Chris and I look forward to seeing you again!

wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We love this hotel! It is very convenient to everything. The staff is always friendly. Nice breakfast buffet. Room is so clean. The kitchen facilities in the room are always very clean also, and the kitchen is totally stocked. Wish the pool were bigger but they can't really do anything about that. Have been here a number of times and will continue to go back. We have also stayed here and taken the train to Chicago for the day and come back at night. It's a nie getaway. Very close to Woodfield Mall, lots of restaurants, medieval times, improv comedy show, Ike's, etc!

Room Tip: We prefer the studio rooms, they feel larger, and the bathroom isnt next to the bed!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
GMHyattHouse, General Manager at HYATT house Chicago/Schaumburg, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear Valued Hyatt Hotel Guest,

Thanks for your great review! It is great to hear from one of our repeat guests! I'm glad you continue to choose us as your place to stay. I am happy to hear our staff is always friendly everytime you are here. Our hotel is in a great location, close to many restaurants and shopping centers. Later on this year we will be renovating the hotel so I hope you will come back again and see the changes. My name is Chris, and I look forward to seeing you again when you are in Schaumburg!

Chris Kontos

Been to HYATT house Chicago/Schaumburg? Share your experiences!