“good location and price” 5 of 5 stars
Review of HYATT house Chicago/Schaumburg

Save Saved
You added HYATT house Chicago/Schaumburg to your Saves list
HYATT house Chicago/Schaumburg
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1251 East American Lane, Schaumburg, IL 60173 (Formerly Hyatt Summerfield Suites Schaumburg)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Shop and Stay Package
Ranked #24 of 25 hotels in Schaumburg
Columbus, Ohio
“good location and price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Very well appointed room, clean and very good selection of breakfast, bed was a bit dated but nothing too bad, overall very good experience.Loved the fact that they had lot of outlets and internet was great , will choose this hotel over all the expensive one's in this area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

121 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Melbourne, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I stayed at the Hyatt House Schaumburg from 10/3/12 - 10/7/12. I flew into MIdway International and used a transportation service recommended by the Hyatt. It was $65 each way but worth every penny not having to deal with directions, traffic and gas prices. I was in town for a seminar and decided to stay at the Hyatt vs. the hotel at the Conference Center based on price, shuttle service and previous experience with Hyatt.

I was not disappointed. The Happy Hour was great and served as a light dinner for me 2 of the 4 night there. The breakfast was plentiful with eggs, fruit, cereal, and bagels/bread. It is also close to a lot of other restaurants as well including Uno's, 5 Guys, and Weber Grill.

I stayed in a studio which was the perfect size. The TV channels were mostly analog which was the only negative, in my opinion, for the room. The TV was a nice size.... it seemed a shame that all the channels weren't digital. Having the refrigerator and microwave in the room was a plus!

I used the fitness facility twice. It has two treadmills, two ellipticals, a recumbent bike and dumbbells and a bench. It was adequate for my needs. It has an outdoor space with a basketball hoop which I thought was kind of different. The pool was a typical size for a hotel but the sauna was nice.

All the staff was friendly and the shuttle service was a definite plus for me to and from the conference center (5 minutes away). If I travel to the Schaumburg area again in the near future, I will definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
GMHyattSummerfield, General Manager at HYATT house Chicago/Schaumburg, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review regarding your stay at our property. It is with pleasure to read your thoughts and know that we were able to provide a satisfactory stay. We most certainly look forward to a return visit should your travels bring you back to the Schaumburg area.

Thanks again!

Regards,
Milwaukee, WI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I brought my boyfriend to Schaumberg for a weekend getaway for his birthday. I chose this hotel because of the free breakfast and microwave/fridge in the room, and the sauna with the hot tub and indoor pool the facility has. Also for the location. Location is great, but the hotel is more for extended stay. The room was nice enough (we had a queen studio), with a FULL kitchen - regular size refrigerator, microwave, mini stove/oven, mini dishwasher, sink, and was stocked with items to cook and eat off of.

We were located in room 202. I would recommend staying as far away from the lobby as possible, as some of the 2nd floor overlooks the lobby, and it can get quite noisy. Also, this room is right by the elevator. We didn't think to change rooms at the time. You can also hear your neighbors, as well as the plumbing. The air conditioning/heater was pretty loud when it came on, but the temperature was comfortable, and at least it worked.

There was no full length mirror, but there was a mirror next to the table/desk, as well as a large mirror in the bathroom. There weren't many outlets in the room, especially none around the bed/beside tables. I had to plug mine phone into the outlet in the kitchen area. There was an outlet on the lamp that was located on the table/desk, so my boyfriend used that one to plug his phone into.

The bathroom was pretty spacious. The lighting in there was decent for putting make-up on. The hairdryer was small, but it got the job done. If you like power in your hairdryer, I'd suggest bringing your own. We had an issue with the plug in the shower that changes the water from the spout to the shower head. It was super hard to lift it. I hurt my fingers trying to pull up on it to change it to the shower, so when it finally lifted, we left it up our entire stay, so that we didn't have to deal with it again.

The rest of the room came with the usual amenities. There was a free breakfast that seemed adequate, however, I couldn't really eat anything on it, as I'm on a gluten free diet, among other dietary issues. I brought my own breakfast. Since there is a kitchen in each unit, you can cook whatever food you'd like if you don't want what they serve.

My boyfriend used the fitness facilities. He said it was nothing special, and the room was small, but it got the job done. He used the eliptical machine. We did not get a chance to use the pool, hot tub, and sauna due to the limited hours it was open. Although the pool did look really small.

The lobby is spacious, and they do offer a cocktail hour only Monday - Thursday, so unfortunately, we did not partake in that.

The staff was friendly and helpful. I'd recommend this place for an extended stay and/or for groups of people, rather than a weekend getaway with your significant other.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the elevators.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
GMHyattSummerfield, General Manager at HYATT house Chicago/Schaumburg, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review and response. I can empathize with our property not meeting your specific needs at the time of your stay, but I'm confident that we can be your hotel of choice for alternative needs during your visits to the Schaumburg area. With a great location, several room options and multiple amenities (breakfast, evening social, etc;), we may not be your first choice for a romantic weekend, but how about other recreational plans?

We would look forward to servicing you again and thank you for reviewing our hotel.

Regards,

Hyatt House Chicago/Schaumburg
Memphis TN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite. The rooms are a little on the small size, especially compared to other Hyatt House suites, but still comfortable. The hotel only has queen beds (i.e., no rooms have 2 beds in them). It has an indoor pool, hot tub and small gym. The rate does include breakfast, but I really wouldn't categorize it as a true full breakfast. Breakfast is about average (the eggs aren't that great - it appears they are made from powder).

The hotel is very close to a lot of businesses so if you're staying for vacation, there will be more noise Monday-Friday. Each bedroom and the living area has its own air conditioning unit, which can be loud, especially when they turn on.

We had some trouble with a very noisy air conditioner, and the staff was very friendly and accommodating to move us to a new suite. They gave us a nice personalized letter apologizing for the incident and provided a complimentary bottle of wine for our trouble. Good recovery!

Byron Center, Michigan, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite. Their was enough room for the 5 of us. The TV in the main room did not work, I told them in the morning and they never fixed it. also the down comforter didn't look very clean. So we didn't use it.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

The hotel offers minisuites with small kitchenettes, queen beds and flat screen TV's. The rooms are a little on the small size but very clean and comfortable. It has an indoor pool, hot tub and small gym. The rate includes a full breakfeast and happy hour with light snacks.The staff was welcoming and provided excellent service. The location is close to Woodfield mall wilth restaurants in every price point and offers a variety of Shopping. It's close to I355 and I90 so travel is realatively easy if you don't mind paying the tolls. All in all its a nice hotel with a great location that's friendly and moderately priced.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I booked a room at this hotel for 3 nights in September...made the booking in February....they just emailed me and said they were upping the rate by $130 a night...said I could either pay the difference or cancel the reservation. I cancelled. Needless to say, I will never book at a Hyatt again, nor will I encourage my university to do so. I have booked and stayed at a lot of hotels with my business...I have NEVER had this happen. Really shabby treatment!!!!

Stayed February 2012

Been to HYATT house Chicago/Schaumburg? Share your experiences!