“No Complaints” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 25 hotels in Schaumburg
Madison, Wisconsin
“No Complaints”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We just got back from a stay here and It was more nicer than higher priced motels. Very Roomy and close to on and off interstate. The Medevil Castle can be seen from the motel if you are going there and is pretty at night. It is worth the price by far with all they include. A full hot breakfast of what anyone could enjoy, free cookies and apples, as well as coffee. They have a 6 pm social hour in a room by the office and it is very pleasant and relaxing. It includes free beer, wine and snacks. There is also soda for the kids. This is not a rowdy place and is very peaceful. We have stayed in a lot of motels and resorts regularly and this is one of the top, cleanest, with large rooms and comfortable bedding. We had a tv in our sleeping area and one in the small living room area. All for under 90 dollars. We will definitely book this again. It feel very homey when you walk in and the front porch adds a nice touch. I highly recommend this motel if you are looking for a place to really relax and take in a little of the area.

Room Tip: If you are going to Medevil Times this place advertises it and there may be a discount if you stay t...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

277 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

My husband and I had stayed here on a previous visit to Schaumburg, and I decided to return with my daughter and her friend for a girls' getaway shopping trip. First of all, the location is great! We were literally less than five minutes away from Woodfield Mall and IKEA. Very easy to find our way around!

I was thinking originally, when we checked in, that the front desk person wasn't all that friendly, however, the next night, when I presented a special request, she was VERY accommodating and turned out to be very pleasant.

Our room was clean and comfortable and spacious enough for myself and two teenage girls. My daughter's friend declared the pillows on the beds to be "amazing"! :o) The only complaint we could possibly come up with about the beds and the room would be the height of the headboad on the bed. The decorative molding on the top of the headboard was just at the right height that all three of us ended up bumping the backs of our heads on it if we tried to sit up and lean against it.

The bathroom was bright and clean and roomy as well. The girls loved the nice big fluffy bath towels too!

I've read some comments about the highway noise in the rooms that face the street, but I didn't find it to be anything that concerned us, however we ARE used to road noise, as we live on a somewhat busy state highway. I just didn't think it was anything out of the ordinary or anything that distracted from our stay in any way.

The pool area is typical of a Country Inn and Suites, nothing huge, but clean and the hot tub was JUST hot enough. The girls had fun in the pool itself, but I would say that if the hotel were busy and there were more than a hand-full of people in there it could get crowded rather quickly. We were fortunate to be there during the week, so the girls had the pool pretty much to themselves.

Breakfast was the typical fare you find at most properties that offer complimentary breakfast... waffles, scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, fresh fruit, etc. I DID think the sausages were pretty tasty! and I LIKED the orange juice .. I thought it was very good.

I thought the property overall was clean and well maintained. The staff was friendly and polite. It's located in a nice area and I felt safe the entire time we were there, which was important considering I was traveling with just myself and two teenage girls. I'm sure we'll be back to Schaumburg and we will most definitely return to this Country Inn and Suites.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Sturgis, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Just returned from a stay at Country Inn & Suites Schaumburg. All I can say is this is a very nice place. People were very friendly and over the top with service. I would never once hesitate to stay at this location again. I have just got back from Jamica and all I could think when I was sitting on the pourch was the only thing missing is the Ocean. Great job to you all. Thank you again. Over the top in service.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Fredonia, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I have stayed here numerous times. Anytime I'm in the area I make sure to make reservations early. I have never had a problem getting in ,but I don't want to take that chance.I have been and stayed in the other local hotels(before I stayed here) and Country Inn and Suites is hands down the best.others have written about the ammenities like breakfast and managers reception. I cant say anything bad about this place. If your looking for a quiet, warm country atmosphere this is the place. relax and enjoy!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Neenah, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights. I must say this is the first time that I've felt like I had received my moneys worth, and then some. The rooms were large and very clean and the beds comfortable. The pool was perfect for the kids. The free breakfast was wonderful. There was something for everyone. The sausages and waffles were yummy! Oh, and don' t miss the fresh baked cookies set out in the afternoon!

The only "complaint" was that the front desk staff were not overly friendly. In fact when we checked out, they didn't even ask if we enjoyed our stay.

Needless to say, we really enjoyed our stay, and we will stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

We rented a whirlpool/fireplace suite on a Saturday night for a little romantic getaway. I saw that the hotel was less than a mile from Medieval Times, so I thought this would be a perfect weekend trip for my sweetie & me to celebrate his birthday. Plus, I had seen the reviews here on Trip Advisor, and in particular the breakfast buffet sounded fabulous.

PROS: Check-in was fast & easy, and Joanna at the front desk was quite friendly. (She had us laughing from the minute we stepped up to the front desk.) She gave us a coupon for $2 off American Taxi service. The room was nice, especially the whirlpool. Perfect for a romantic night for two. There was a free manager's reception from 5-7pm with potato chips, pretzels, and free beverages. The front lobby had fridges stocked with soda pop, booze, and frozen meals which can be charged to the room. The room had a microwave & a minifridge (always nice amenities).

CONS: Our room was right next to the highway, and the traffic noise got a little loud at night. The hotel had a shuttle van parked outside, but I'm not sure what it is used for, because we were told that there is NO shuttle service from the airport, from the train station, or to/from Medieval Times. For $180 a night plus, it seems like the least the hotel could do is shuttle us less than one mile to Medieval Times! And the breakfast buffet was not even worth getting out of bed for. Donuts, cold cereal, scrambled eggs, biscuits... I guess if you like loading up on carbs in the AM, this would be good for you. I thought it was awful. Even the orange juice sucked--it was basically orange-colored water. After reading so many rave reviews of their breakfast spread here on the site, I felt let down. This had been a major selling point for us.

SUMMARY: Although we had a good experience with the whirlpool suite, I feel the hotel's amenities were severely lacking. Rather than giving us free potato chips & watered down OJ, how about providing your paying guests transportation to local businesses or to the airport? This place was nice for a one-night getaway, but if you're staying in the area for more than a day, you might want to try a place that offers you more value for your money.

• Stayed October 2012
Wausaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for my anniversary. We also brought the kids to show them where our relationship started. (Chicagoland area.) The hotel staff was friendly & knowledgable. The rooms were very clean & bigger than I expected. Very kid friendly hotel. It had a nice continental breakfast, and @ a certain time every evening they had complimentary drinks and snacks. (Around 5 pm) It also had free items available in the lobby like coffee, cookies, popcorn, which the kids loved! Clean indoor pool. Great location; close to activities, and close to 290 for travel into the city.

• Stayed August 2012

Been to Country Inn & Suites Schaumburg? Share your experiences!