You added Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Chicago-Schaumburg to your Saves list
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #15 of 25 Hotels in Schaumburg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Polish first
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Room was very comfortable. Great location. We had a plumbing emergency one day and maintenance and Liz with housekeeping responded extremely quickly and had us back up and running in no time. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I stayed here 5 nights for a training class. The hotel was clean and quiet and centrally located. There were stains on the carpet in the hallway and stairwells, but the room itself and the dining area were clean. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was a little bland, but they had a small selection of hot sauces available.

Room Tip: I was in the back corner of the 2nd floor, 233, and it was nice and quiet
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed here for two nights on a business trip. My baseline would be a standard Marriott Courtyard as far as expectations.

Observations:
* Gym met needs, treadmills were entry-level and there weren't any clean towels
* Breakfast options were very sub par, but appreciated coffee being available at 6 AM
* The 'light' cleaning that took place in my room meant.. they took away the towels that I had used (including the bathmat) and did NOT replace them with clean towels, NOR did they replace my shampoo and conditioner (which were empty), but bed was made (???)
* Lobby, entrance, hallways were dark, dirty and unpleasant
* Room seemed much nicer than the rest of the hotel
* Bed was OK, but pillows were truly awful
* Wifi service was good (included in hotel room price and worked adequately for all my business needs)

I would not personally stay here again, but it might be adequate for a long term stay or for other reasons.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Schaumburg, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I am staying at the hotel for a year as provided by my company and overall it is a good choice for a long stay like mine.The hotel is in a fantastic location in Schaumburg as it is close to one of the biggest shopping malls (Woodfield Mall) as well as restaurants, cinema and other day to day requirements. The Chicago O'Hare airport is only a 15 min drive from here.

The breakfast could be better particularly the eggs they serve as it is not fresh and comes out of a box (yes a box of beaten yolks that lazy people get from a supermarket) and after spending almost 4 months here I am now fedup of eating the same stuff and just make my own breakfast in my room. Sometimes they come up with some inventive breakfasts which I like and they provide a hot dinner 3 times a week which is great if you cant be asked to prepare one after a long day at work. There was a lack of staff over 2 weeks which ended up with me having to leave my room after i came back from work at 4pm to let the cleaner finish the job which was a bit of a pain and hopefully do not have to face that again. The room is ideal and the tv channels provided are good (although they could swap some of the horrendous news channels for more entertainment channels). The wifi in rooms can play up sometimes and you have to login again sometimes in the day. I would recommend the hotel purely on the basis of the rooms and location.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had been staying there with my family for a year. During this year the hotel staff was showing very high level competency.They all is doing a very irreproachable, faultless work. It is very important if you stay for a long period of time.Stuart, Donnie, and Den are very confident, patient and very kind receptionists I've ever met. Thanks Maria and Jessica for keeping my room clean and fresh. I would like to thank Freddie and Alberto for their punctual and safe driving. But the most incredible man in the hotel is Tammy. Me and my wife were charmed by her delicious food, individual approach, and care.
Overall this is a really beautiful, quiet, clean, and safe hotel I've ever stayed. I will definitely stay here next time

Thanks for rewards too
Javid Jabrayilov

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Vermillion, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2015

I am a road warrior and typically on the road about 280 days a year. This trip, wasn't business however; my husband and I were taking a much needed vacation and were in town to visit family. While I typically stay at another hotel, that one was full and needed to find another location. I was very happy with my choice, a very clean and exceptionally pleasant front desk staff. Daniel greeted us and was able to provide an early check-in. Daniel also got us reservations at a local restaurant and made several suggestions for local attractions to see. He was very friendly and helped us out tremendously. I never seen a hotel room so clean, it was like the first time someone had ever stayed in there. Room was apparently prepared by Maria so double kudos to Maria. Breakfast was fair and good for what type was served. We didn't really use the internet since we weren't at the hotel much. The older gentleman who checked us out seemed very stressed and wasn't as warm as the earlier guy, but was still nice and made sure we had a good stay. The only criticism is that carpet in the stairwells seems very old and outdated which is a polar opposite from the rest of the hotel, but again it didn't impact our stay, its just an appearance thing. Overall, it was a great experience and hidden gem among a plethora of hotels to choose from.

Room Tip: ask the front desk for a good room
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Jennifer G, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Chicago-Schaumburg, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
To our Phenomenal Travelers,
We can’t thank you enough for taking the time to review our hotel. Dan and Maria are ecstatic to hear that they were able to contribute to you enjoying your vacation. Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham sets high expectations from our staff when it comes to cleanliness and friendliness and knowing we hit our marks gives everyone a huge confidence boost. Schaumburg is a fabulous place to visit. Steps away from the largest mall in the state and just a short drive to downtown Chicago, it’s the only place to stay. We welcome you return when your travels bring you back to our neck of the woods.
Your Very Appreciative, Hawthorn Family

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Chicago-Schaumburg? Share your experiences!