“Sweet suites” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Schaumburg
Oscoda, Michigan
“Sweet suites”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

While this hotel is a bit on the expensive side for me I have no complaints. My room was actually 2 rooms, a kitchen/living room and a bedroom/bathroom. There is a fully stocked kitchen and comfortable furniture in the living space. The bed was comfy and the shower had plenty of water pressure.
There are nights where the manager provides dinner, wine and beer.
Hotel is located next to shopping and lots of restaurants.

• Stayed April 2013
chism2152, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Schaumburg, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our award winning hotel! We appreciate your feedback and I will be sure to share it with our staff. We take great pride in the level of service that we provide and the more feedback we receive from our guests, the better we can serve you. Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn by Marriott - Chicago/Schaumburg and we look forward to hosting you again soon!

Justin Rodgers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
NY, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

My wife and I just completed a stay at the Residence Chicago / Schaumburg and I sent a thank you note to the sales manager at my first opportunity to tell him how wonderful everything was at their location. The woman who checked us in was fantastic and went above and beyond what most front desk personnel typically do. I have spent many years traveling for business, and most of my recent travel has been pleasure, but she ranks as one of the best. In addition, the man who checked us out on Thursday was likewise great. We were allowed to keep the room until 2 (which was a great help), and because we found out our flight was delayed, he allowed us to stay in the lounge area until we left for the airport. That was also a tremendous help in terms of getting work done at one of their tables and this kindness made our stay even better!

Our room was fantastic ... clean, quiet, comfortable, and we were able to take advantage of the pool, hot tub and workout room. Everything in those spots was great as well. The breakfast experience was likewise wonderful and the woman attending to that area was great!

We know where we will stay on our next visit to Chicago!! Thank you all so much.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
chism2152, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Schaumburg, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a note to Jim and for posting this review on TripAdvisor! My team gets excited every time a guest comliments their service. I will be sure to bring your review to our morning meeting and share your positive experience. Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn by Marriott Schaumburg!
St. Joseph
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

My mother & I traveled again to Schaumburg, IL for a girls get-a-way weekend. The service was fantastic (just like last time)! Jim, the Senior Sales Manager is still there and he was helpful (as always!). (Thanks Jim!) The staff were wonderful and responsive. Would absolutely recommend this Residence to anyone thinking about traveling to the Schaumburg area! A+

Room Tip: Close enough to everything fun to do in Schaumburg but far enough away to avoid the noise!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Jim says thank you for the compliments! We take great pride in service we provide our guests and I will be sure to pass along your positive feedback to our team. We enjoyed serving you again and we hope to do so again soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

My family and I stayed one night to visit the Lego Discovery Center the following day. This was our second stay in the hotel. On both visits the staff were exceedingly helpful and friendly, especially the front desk staff. It is a great place to stay with kids as the rooms are spacious and there is a sofa bed in every room as well as a well appointed kitchen. You cannot beat the value for the comfort, amenities, and cleanliness. There is a complimentary breakfast with a variety of options, both hot and cold. The only minor issue we had was the pool was quite chilly, although I heard another guest comment the heater had been malfunctioning earlier that day so I will give them the benefit of the doubt. The children did not notice the cold, just the adults. Location is very convenient for Legoland, Wodfield Mall, and many restaurants. I would not hesitate to recommend for business or pleasure.

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for your warm comments about our staff and property. I'm glad you enjoyed your time with us and your visit to Legoland. If ever you have any experience that can negatively effect your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will remedy the issue immediately. Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn Schaumburg and we hope to see you again soon!
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We just stayed here and enjoyed the room/location/breakfast that was included. That said, the furniture is a little dated. You could see that the dresser/table was a bit worn down, the picture hanging above the fireplace had the corners peeling off of it, and the couch cushion smelled like stinky feet. We ended up putting a sheet over the couch to sit on it. This said, the place appeared to be free of bedbugs (yes, we looked) and designed nice. It was overall a decent place, but I was surprised (for Marriott) that it was some what worn in and not upkept looking/smelling.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Jennifer,

I am sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant experience during your stay with us. Our cleanliness scores from both Marriott and from guests such as yourself, rank in the top of the Brand. Please know that we take great pride in our product and we will immediately take action based upon your feedback. I do apologize for the negative impression this last stay made upon you and understand that your experience is an outlier and not the norm. We are also excited to announce that we will be receiving new beds and refrigerators next week in order augment our guest experience. Please contact me directly when you come back to Schaumburg and I will ensure that you are well taken care of.

Justin
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I stayed at the Residence Inn, Schaumburg for two nights and I was impressed. The front desk employee (Billie) was extremely attentive and helpful with advice and guidance on things to do and places to go in the area. This young lady has a bright future ahead of her in the hospitality industry. My room on the fourth floor was clean and very comfortable. I do have to agree with some of the other reviewers that the beds were uncomfortable in that they were too firm. The overabundance of nice pillows was very good though. These rooms do come with kitchens so if someone on your floor is cooking something you do not like the smell of you should be prepared to accept that. One thing that I have never seen is they have a grocery list form that you can drop off at the front desk in the morning and they will deliver groceries to your room and charge it to your card on file. How fantastic is that!
If you plan to stay here for a lengthy time with your young family, this is a great place. The pool is good and there is a small basketball court. The motel has enough shopping around it to last you a year. I felt very safe here and will return to here whenever in Schaumburg.

Room Tip: Go to the fourth floor.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
chism2152, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Schaumburg, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Scott,

Thank you very much chossing the Residence Inn by Marriott. It was a pleasure hosting you for your time here in Schaumburg. We are all very proud of Billie and I will certainly pass on your warm compliments to her and the team. Please do not hesitate to contact Jim or I when you come back to the town.

New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I have never slept in a more uncomfortable hotel room, and I travel a lot. Do not stay here if you have any back discomfort. My back was in so much pain it would wake me up during the night. It went stiff so that I was unable to turn during my sleep. I asked for a mattress pad for 3 nights. I was finally given something that was basically just a thin blanket, which they called a "mattress pad". I do not understand how no mattress pads were available and you actually get people to pay to sleep on that mattress. We stayed at a Marriott in Hawaii that also had an uncomfortable bed, but the hotel promptly brought up an actual mattress pad and set it on the bed for me and I was able to sleep much better.
The gym was decent.
The fireplace in the lobby and rooms are nice.
The staff is very very nice.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your warm comments about our staff. Our associates take great pride in delivering Marriott's world-class service and I will be sure to pass on your feedback. I understand that you had a bed that was not what you were expecting and that our staff brought an item to you that did not add the comfort you desired. We have several mattress toppers that are available upon request that would have been able to accommodate your needs. I do apologize for the verbiage confusion and assure you that we will certainly take care of you in the future. We are also excited that we are set to receive Marriott's new pillow-top mattresses early this year. Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn by Marriott.

Justin Rodgers

Been to Residence Inn Chicago Schaumburg? Share your experiences!