“Everything you need” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - Convention Center

You added Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - Convention Center to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - Convention Center
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   51 East State Parkway, Schaumburg, IL 60173 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #24 of 25 Hotels in Schaumburg
Arlington Heights, Illinois
“Everything you need”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I stayed here for a month and I loved it. It was like my own apartment, I was able to cook and do laundry and have my coffee every morning. The location was great, close to all kinds of restaurants, shopping and entertainment. I was alone and felt safe during my stay. The staff was so friendly.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - Convention Center, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you had a n opportunity to take advantage of our fully equipped kitchens and laundry facilities. I am also pleased to hear how much you enjoyed the staff an dour convenient location.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Keller, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

I love the concept and the cleanliness of this place. Great for eating healthy and cheap. I Liked having a full service laundry as well. It was great to know that no one was in my room during my stay. I like the safety and ease of use.

• Stayed August 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - Convention Center, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Lise - I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review. Thank you for your comments regarding the level of cleanliness throughout our hotel and about how comfortable you felt while staying with us. The staff and I truly enjoyed having you stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

This chain is perfect for an overnighter for one person. The entry and small lobby was immaculate. The service was quick and hasslefree. Grab and go breakfast consists of granola bars, fruit, coffee. Kitchenette was great. Refrigerator, small stovetop and microwave make it easy to reheat doggie bags, frozen meals. A basket of toiletries and microwave popcorn was offered at check-in. Nice touch. Full-size bed. A couple or family might ask for a larger suite.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - Convention Center, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Beth - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. It's great to hear that you took full advantage of our in-room kitchens and found them to be helpful during your travels. The staff and I truly enjoyed having you stay with us and we would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
US location
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

1) The telephone in the room assigned wasn't working. I brought this to the front desk attendant and he took note of it. He said he was going to have it fixed, but it wasn't done during my duration of stay. For checkout, I had to call the hotel's 1800 number from my cellphone to reach the front desk.
2) I requested for an extra blanket so I can use it on the pull-a-bed sofa. I was told extra blankets aren't available.
3) One of the fleece blankets on the main bed was torn. It didn't affect my comfort, but I didn't pay $95 a night to stay under torn blankets
4) I rented two rooms. One room had a broken shower head. The staff said they were going to change it in 10 minutes, but it took them a day and a half to replace the shower head. My parents stayed in that room and they showered in my room because of the shower head problem
5) There were at least three of us in the group of six that had allergy issues staying in the room. Thankfully, we were out of the room for most of the day during the stay. The rooms did not look like they were clean enough. Either that or the AC unit filter need to be replaced
6) I believe I paid for a double bed room on priceline. I do not know what went wrong in the process, but I was assigned a single bed room. I was asked to pay an extra $20 a night to stay in a deluxe room that had a king size bed and a pull-a-bed sofa. After an exhausting drive, I did not have the energy or patience to argue with the front desk person and I just went ahead and paid for the extra $20 a night for three nights. I felt the $$$ I paid was almost equivalent to a 4 star hotel price and the services I received wasn't any better than a 2-star. I wanted to have the comfort of a fridge and a microwave and the hotel provided me with it. However, it wasn't worth the trouble I went through for the duration of my stay. Sorry, I am not going to return to your hotel again.
7) I am not sure how much of this info will be helpful - the hotel does not have an eat in lounge or a restaurant where they offer their 'free breakfast'. It is basically a table with a number of bins with various carry on breakfast items - packaged muffins, granola bars, bananas, take a long coffee/tea bags. Please do not expect to have a continental style breakfast here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - Convention Center, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I am sorry to hear that the two rooms you were given had multiple items which needed repair and that they were not clean enough. After discussing your comments with the team, we have drafted an action plan which will ensure we diligently work to improve our response time to customer complaints, especially when it comes to maintaining guest rooms as well as the overall condition of the property.

My staff and I are grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at shb@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

...Compared to the other hotels/motels me and my friend stayed at on our cross country trip. For the price I paid, two days in advance by the way, the place was a nice refresh. The kitchenette was the best feature. After a week of fast food dinners being able to cook was a releif for our stomacs. This area has every type of store and restaruantyou could iimagine! So if you find yourself in needs of anything it's right around the corner. Chicago is a few minutes down the road, now far at all. The only thing about this area is the toll roads. If you aren't used to them they are quite a pain. Make sure to have plenty of change and paper money. Though if you run out, just be sure to remember the toll booth number and go online to pay.
Be sure to have breakfast food in you kichenette fridge because when they say grab and go breakfast they really mean it! Granola bars and pre packaged muffins. If you want vaccinated coffee you'll have to get it at the store or just wait till the breakfast. The coffee they provide in room is decaf.
Overall this place was a wonderful find and stay!

• Stayed June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - Convention Center, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a positive review. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our kitchenettes and found them useful! As well, I am pleased to read that you liked our location and your clean room.

Grand Junction, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We stayed here for a week while attending a wedding. The price and location was great, only 5 min from family and close to several malls. The staff at the hotel are great. We ended up having to check in after 12 am and they were waiting for us. Because we had a kitchen we were able to buy some food and eat in room. Overall we had an awesome stay. We will definitely stay here the next time in Schaumburg.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - Convention Center, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Beverly - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that everything went as planned during your visit to our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future
Schaumburg, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I have stayed here before and was happy with everything, which is why i cam back. Now there is a new G.M named Janice, she is excellent, very hands on type of manager. Sherri is also excellent , shes been there for years and goes above and beyond any front desk person i've ever met before. In closing , i highly recommend to anybody to seriously consider thgis place when looking for a place to stay i\while visiting Schaumburg iLLINOIS

Anthony Lazzaro

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - Convention Center, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Thank you for the kind comments about the staff, especially myself and Sherri. Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful that you enjoyed your past stays and this one as well!

I hope that you will contact me directly, at jshanahan@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss anything in regards to your stay. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - Convention Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - Convention Center

Address: 51 East State Parkway, Schaumburg, IL 60173 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)
Location: United States > Illinois > Schaumburg
Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #24 of 25 Hotels in Schaumburg
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - Convention Center 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Extended Stay, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - Convention Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.