You added Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - Convention Center to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - Convention Center
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   51 East State Parkway, Schaumburg, IL 60173 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #24 of 25 Hotels in Schaumburg
“BED BUGS!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011 via mobile

I stay here often there usually aren't any problems. Hotel is cleaner then it once was... Trash rooms instead of in the stairwells which used to smell pretty bad! Great people at the desk. A few months ago got a few bug bites while in bed didn't think much of it because I couldn't find anything... My most recent stay got in bed late with my 2 yr old and boyfriend. My leg and ankle started itching and I noticed bumps couldn't sleep then my arm started itching and more bumps so I got out of bed and threw covers back about 4 bugs were crawling around my baby so I snatched her up disgusted!! Luckily she wasn't bitten neither was my bf but I suffered about 10-15 all over my body! Switched rooms ... Morning came manager refunded my money but I felt like I wasn't being taken seriously....said checked room and took off headboard and everything and only found 1 small bug like that made it so much better...well those small bugs make big extremely itchy bites!! After years of staying I will never again!

• Stayed December 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

Lets start with the good. The price. $49.99 a night is dirt cheap. You can hardly sleep in the woods for that. Secondly, the location. You are near everything in Schamburg, conventions centers, great restaurants, shopping. There's even a casino about 20 minutes away in Elgin. Another plus is that you can cook in your room or bring pets! Lastly, the staff couldn't be nicer. The are friendly and eager to help.

The bad? Blankets with burn holes in them, air conditioning units that sound like freight trains, mattresses not so great and paying extra if you want your linens changed and room cleaned if you're there less than a week.

Bottom line, it's worth what I paid for it.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Picked this hotel as we had our bichon with us. I arrived at 4am Christmas day, and the U-shaped lock on the door to our room somehow bounced into place while I was gett ing the dog. Yes, locked out of the room at 4am Christmas! The desk clerk dragged the maintinance man out of bed to fix it - a good omen for the great service ahead1 HUGE bathroom, lots of towels etc., large bedroom with great closet space - you really could stay there a long time without missing too many amenities. If I had to find fault, it would be with the kitchenware (not much selection), and an over-soft mattress. Other than that, it's close to everything you need at a great price!

I should mention that there were some sloppy guests, and in the back of the hotel, it showed. Yuck!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

We have family in the area so we decided to make Chicago area our reunion this year. About 23 of us stayed here for about five days. The most accommodating place we've ever met. The staff couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. The rooms were spacious and clean. The shuttle service was especially convenient.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Palatine, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2011

Checked in for 6 month stay room was dirty and very run down(broken Formica/ burns in rugs) the rate made it worth cleaning it myself to make it usable. That is it did until they raised my rate by 1/3 after 6 weeks at the new rate it was definitely not up to standards. Would not stay here in future.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Memphis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

The room was very clean and spacious for the price. I didn't know that internet was not free, so they offered me free internet for the period of my stay. The only thing was that the trash cans were full on the stairways.
All in all, great stay for the price!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Merrillville, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2011

I usually have a good experience with such economy / extended stay brands, esp in such a nice location as Schaumburg, IL. This room was rock bottom price online, because of the area I accepted it. The upkeep was very dissappointing. Cleaning wouldnt really help, however, the cleaning was also poor. The dishes were clearly dirty, and the microwave hadnt been cleaned in months. The place needs serious upkeep. I only needed the room for 7 hours, if I had my wife with me, I wouldnt have stayed. Since It was just me, very late, and less than $50.00, I just slept on the one sheet, and took a quick shower rinse in the morning. Its borderline... its not horrible, just sort of sucks :) With some BASIC cleaning and upkeep, they could easily charge 100.00/nte. btw, did you see the HOLES in the shower curtain. really, people?!?

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - Convention Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - Convention Center

Address: 51 East State Parkway, Schaumburg, IL 60173 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)
Location: United States > Illinois > Schaumburg
Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #24 of 25 Hotels in Schaumburg
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - Convention Center 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Extended Stay, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - Convention Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.