The remodel appears to be nearly complete. We stayed at the end of November and did not see much construction going on except the front entrance to the hotel was not yet open. There were plastic tarps hanging in front of the windows. We knew what to expect when we booked our stay so that did not affect the opinion of our stay. The hotel is not very warm, it"s a pretty open and cold atmosphere. If this is the new "Fresh" concept for updates to future Hyatt properties, I would say this is a concept gone wrong that they should abandon. They really should of torn this hotel down and built a new hotel or toally gutted the inside. Keeping the same door frames with 10 coats of paint and the same rough texture ceilings from the 50's just doesnt work when conbined with ultra modern fabric, patterns and furniture. The lobbies on each hotel floor are stark and cold. The stark white flourescant lighting just adds to the coldness. The lobby on the main floor had live fish in the lamps, the fish did not look well & lamps did not look clean.
The staff were courteous and frinedly.
The bed was uncomfortable (lumpy pillow top mattress - not high quallity), the sheets were very rough and the pillow cases were rough retained the heat from your body.
The bathroom was postage stamp size. There is not much room to turn around much less have two people in there at once. Our room had just a small shower, no tub.
All in all it was an okay stay. We stayed for free using Hyatt Points and my expecations were pretty low so I was not horribly disappointed. I do know I will not stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the incomparable service you deserve at Hyatt Regency Woodfield. Superbly positioned to offer easy access to downtown Chicago, O’Hare, local businesses and area attractions, our exceptional hotel in Schaumburg is dedicated to ensuring a remarkable stay from start to finish. Great restaurants, deluxe amenities and unparalleled attention to detail add the finishing touches that make us the outstanding choice among Schaumburg, Illinois hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago Hotel Schaumburg
- Hyatt Regency Hotel Schaumburg
- Hyatt Schaumburg
- Hyatt Regency Woodfield Schaumburg Il