Would really like to rate three stars.
I have been staying here one to three nights a year on business since 2005, before they tarted up the lobby and removed the koi ponds.
They do a nice job catering my employer's holiday party. Other than that, I've never been particularly impressed or unimpressed with the facilities, rooms, or staff. Where shall I start?
This is a largish hotel that caters to groups. The hallways are invariably noisy with guests coming and going; one year I lucked out and was assigned a handicapped room by the elevator so I got to hear the door bang all night long on top of that. This December 7 there were scads of kids running around.
The desk staff is professional. Not warm, not welcoming, but professional.
I didn't have a chance to use the gym this time around, but in previous years the amount of equipment was marginal in relation to the number of guests.
Checkout is noon. Last time the maid tried to push her way in at 10AM. I didn't think to put a DND sign on the door because normally I wouldn't need to. I hightailed it out of there.
Wi-Fi is free if you join Hyatt's membership program, which is also free.
Have never eaten at the restaurant. Schedule permitting, we like to meet at the bar and eat there.
They have an Avis/Budget desk in the lobby. I'm told you can rent a car at the hotel and return it to O'Hare, which is nice because other rental companies are less flexible.
Overall, my coworkers and I stay there because that's where the party is and we get a heavily-discounted group rate (the locals pay their own way). The non-group rate is exorbitant and I stay elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the incomparable service you deserve at Hyatt Regency Woodfield. Superbly positioned to offer easy access to downtown Chicago, O’Hare, local businesses and area attractions, our exceptional hotel in Schaumburg is dedicated to ensuring a remarkable stay from start to finish. Great restaurants, deluxe amenities and unparalleled attention to detail add the finishing touches that make us the outstanding choice among Schaumburg, Illinois hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Expedia so you can book your Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago Hotel Schaumburg
- Hyatt Regency Hotel Schaumburg
- Hyatt Schaumburg
- Hyatt Regency Woodfield Schaumburg Il