Stayed one night at the Hyatt Regency in Schaumburg. It was a standard king room on the 4th floor. The room was very nice with comfortable furnishings. There was a nice work desk with a comfortable work chair, a modern looking comfortable couch, the king size bed wth several pillows. It also had a dresser that the tv sat on top of and then a full sized wardrobe and another smaller dresser which the coffee pot and safe were on. The only disappointment was that there was no fridge in the room. The room had a nice large window, unfortunatly the only view was of the roof of the lobby and the windows of the rooms across from us (no ground or trees or anything), but no big deal, we just kept the window closed.
The bathroom was nice, although I like a bathtub after a long day of shopping and there was only a shower. The shower head was nice and the water pressure good and the water easily adjustable in temperature.
The thermostat in the room was a little 'slow' at first, and seemed like it took a long time for the room to warm up, but once it did, it was fine.
Conversly, the halls were almost unbearable hot. There is only one elevator, and it is off the lobby. To get to our room we had to walk down two different quite long hallways. I didnt mind the walk, but the heat in the hallway made the walk not very pleasant. I thought I would be smart and take the stairs down, which were close to our room...The sign on the wall and above the above the door said "EXIT" and the sign on the wall said "STAIRS" that was it...I took them (we were on the 4th floor) only to find out that they 'deadended' at the second floor, with only an EMERGENCY access to the second floor, so I had to go back up and take the elevator. This should have been made clear at the top that the stairs are NOT a general exit.
Couple other small problems..we chose this hotel because of its location to the mall but also because it had a pool. The pool hours were listed at 10 am to 11 pm. We went down at 830 pm only to find the pool covered with a tarp and not useable. We thought maybe it had closed early, but when we checked the next morning before leaving at 11 am, we found the same thing. The only little thing was there is only one ice machine located on each floor and it was not in a central location..it was down several hallways from our room, but again, no big deal.
overall, it was a nice stay with just a few inconsistancies.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the incomparable service you deserve at Hyatt Regency Woodfield. Superbly positioned to offer easy access to downtown Chicago, O’Hare, local businesses and area attractions, our exceptional hotel in Schaumburg is dedicated to ensuring a remarkable stay from start to finish. Great restaurants, deluxe amenities and unparalleled attention to detail add the finishing touches that make us the outstanding choice among Schaumburg, Illinois hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago Hotel Schaumburg
- Hyatt Regency Hotel Schaumburg
- Hyatt Schaumburg
- Hyatt Regency Woodfield Schaumburg Il