“Tasting for a potential Wedding Reception” 5 of 5 stars

Double Your Points
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Schaumburg
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Schaumburg, Illinois, United States
“Tasting for a potential Wedding Reception”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

i don't think 10,000 characters is enough to truly describe how incredible our experience was, but I'll try. We had a tasting with a variety of meats, drinks, and service. Chef Spencer was not only incredibly friendly and helpful, but he was open to hearing our opinions and wanted our thoughts on all the dishes. Not only was every dish presented impeccably, but the taste and thought behind each dish was incredible. I don't believe my fiancee or myself have ever had a meal such as that. We truly felt like royalty with the spot-on service and amount of attention being given to us. Our server Derek and his help Jaime were totally friendly and constantly making sure we had everything we needed without ever being annoying. True they wanted to sell themselves but it never felt forced. It wasn't just about selling the business. It was about creating a memorable experience, which is exactly what we had. I can't thank the Hyatt and their staff enough for allowing us to have that. It was truly a wonderful night!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hyatt_Schaumburg1, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Learning that you felt like royalty is truly a wonderful compliment to us. We understand how important this evening was for you and your fiance and we couldn't be happier to learn that we were able to create such a special experience here at the Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago. We are looking forward to sharing your review with our Chef and staff so they can see just how much their efforts were appreciated and we thank you for sharing your review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

This was my first time at this hotel. I spent 5 days there while working nearby...I was pleasantly surprised and very pleased with the high level of customer service. The wait staff is awesome.request to be seated in Jose's section b/c he is so attentive and will answer any questions you have about the local area. During my stay, I ate 50% of all my meals at the hotel restaurant bc (for convenience and bad weather outside) but the food was actually delicious and reasonably priced. I would stay here again next time I'm visiting that area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
As a first time visitor to the Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago, we greatly appreciate that you've reached out and shared your experience with us. We're thrilled to have been able to exceed your expectations and greatly appreciate that you chose to dine with us at our Fresh 1800 restaurant. It's wonderful to read how much you enjoyed your time with us and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the area. Thank you for your review.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I spent 22 nights at the hyatt regency schaumburg, and the staff was amazing. The entire staff made this work trip productive, enjoyable, and relaxing at the same time. The restaurant staff was extremely professional, and the breakfasts were incredible. The room was spacious and clean, and housekeeping was always on top if every detail. I will definitely be back to stay here later this year.

• Stayed February 2013
Hyatt_Schaumburg1, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Learning that we could make you feel at home during your 22-night stay with us is one of the best compliments that we can receive. It truly makes us proud to read a review such as yours and we are looking forward to passing your review along to our staff. It was our pleasure to accommodate you at the Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago and we look forward to your return later this year. Thank you for sharing your experience.
San Diego, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency Schaumburg early February 2013. I was very pleased with this hotel. It is very clean with beautiful contemporary decor. The staff was friendly, starting with the lady at the front desk who was very courteous and answered all my questions. I got there quite late and noticed there is a bar area with good ambiance. The location is exceptional near a mall and IKEA. The room was very spacious and unlike other hotels they have definitely put a lot of effort into the beautiful contemporary decor. Also the room was spotless, which was expected since it snowed while I visited and you could see the staff doing everything possible to keep the place as clean as it could be (lobby, etc.). I had breakfast the next morning and the service was excellent; they serve a choice of breakfast buffet or a la carte. I chose the buffet and tried almost everything... if you try it you will not be disappointed, everything was delicious and the service was exceptional. I also visited the pool and the work out area and was impressed. Something else that I really liked about this hotel is that is a great choice for any kind of visit, you can relax, have a good time at the bar, be there for business; so no matter what kind of trip you are planning, the Hyatt Schaumburg is the place to stay. This hotel is definitely committed to excellent service and with the excellent location, spacious spaces and new feel and decor this hotel is definitely a place to stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your beautiful review of the Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago. Your many kind words are truly appreciated, as you’ve summed up an experience we hope each and every one of our guests has while visiting with us. We can’t thank you enough for sharing your impressions with us and we hope we get the pleasure to welcome you back again soon.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

My wife and 8 month old son stayed at this property for two nights to take a little break from home. The hotel has been renovated, and while you can still spot some of the older parts of the property, it has a nice, clean, modern feel to it.

As a diamond member, we were upgraded to a Murphy parlor suite, which was perfect for our family. It was large, clean and very comfortable. My only complaint is the heating/ac unit. While the unit itself is quiet, it ran alllll night long and never shut off upon reaching the temperature we set it at. Not a big deal, but it did get a bit annoying.

The staff was great, very friendly and helpful. The location is perfect if you are in the Schaumburg area and in addition, the pool and work out area were top notch and great for a swim with the family at the end of the day.

Don't have any hesitations about staying here, it's well worth it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
As a Hyatt Diamond member, thank you for sharing your impressions with us. We’re thrilled that our staff could provide you with the perfect upgrade though we truly regret any noise disruptions that you experienced. We can understand any frustrations at this time and greatly appreciate you addressing this concern with us. We’re glad to learn that our location and amenities, such as our heated indoor pool, could be such a highlight for you and your family. Thank you for your review and we hope to welcome you back to the Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago.
Ixonia, WI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We stayed here just one night, for a conference for my company. The rooms are nice, clean, spacious and modern. The hallways have a bit of the motel feel to them but still clean and well lit. I was taken aback that I had to place a $50.00 credit on my cc for incidentals. I told the gal at the front desk that I wasn't going to use any incidentals, but I still had to pay it. Also, BEWARE! the snacks in the room are not FREE! they are extremley pricey and if you do decide to eat something from the bounty get ready to be out $5.00 for that cookie that looks, oh so good...
The only issue I had was that I always seem to end up on a floor where the "drunk wedding guests reside." 3:00 a.m. and the door slamming started. But this is not the hotel's fault.
Someday a hotel chain will devise a door that is v e r y quiet when it closes, until then I will just tolerate it and remind yourself, "it is what it is"

Room Tip: Getting a good room, in a great location, within any hotel is a crap-shoot no matter what, so just e...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hyatt_Schaumburg1, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dealing with noise disruptions during a stay can be frustrating and we truly regret any inconveniences that may have impacted your time with us. While we greatly appreciate your patience and understanding, we wish we could have had the opportunity to address this concern with you to ensure the best possible experience. Thank you for sharing your feedback and we hope we get the chance to welcome you back to the Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago.
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

The hotel room we had was on the 4th floor on a corner. It was a distance from the elevator but nice because the room had windows on 2 sides. Very spacious room with the best lounger seat I believe I have ever relaxed on. I wanted to take it home LOL. The room had a refrigerator and coffee maker but no microwave was allowed in the rooms because of power surges causing outages. That was unfortunate since the frig was full of leftovers and the only option was to take your food downstairs to coffee station which was always busy with customers. The staff was great at getting the room clean while we were out during the midday and accomodate any request we had. It had snowed twice during the visit but the staff was very good at clearing the lot and sidewalks. A typical Hyatt customer will have to pay for internet use & there is no breakfast included so keep that in mind.

Room Tip: If you can get a corner room, it is wonderful. Ours was next to the stairs but on the 4th floor no o...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
We’re thrilled that your stay encompassed the comfort that we hope to provide for our guests. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, as we truly appreciate your great feedback regarding our accommodations. For any inconveniences that you experienced during your stay, we truly apologize and appreciate that you’ve shared your perspective with us. Thank you for your kind recognition of our staff members and we hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago in the near future.

Been to Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago? Share your experiences!