“don't stay too long” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Schaumburg
southport
“don't stay too long”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

second time i have stayed on business, first time my wife and daughter joined during the trip.

room is ok and basic, bathroom is far too small for two people , never mind three staying.

beds are large enough but way too soft and i had a bad back by the time i left. also the pillows are all the same, feather packed and too soft.
When wife and daughter checked in , staff at the counter were surly and no one offered to take her cases to the room and just pointed out the direction to the lifts.
Average american fast food.
pool ok indoor and outdoor although outdoor does feel closed in as it is surrounded on all sides by the walls of the hotel.
A good hotel if you want to shop i suppose as mall is opposite and ikea nearby, buti was here for business so that didn't impress me, just wanted a decent room and better sleep. hopefully persuade my company to uses a different one next time.
had a day off and got to chicago town centre which is miles away!! would rate this as an average 3 star in the uk, similar to a travelodge etc with pool facilities

Room Tip: not sure they all seem small!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Hyatt_Schaumburg1, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago, responded to this review, August 22, 2011
Thank you for sharing your experience. As a business traveler, we understand the importance of a restful night’s sleep. Might we suggest our Business Plan King accommodations when traveling on your own or Business Plan 2 Bed accommodations when with your family, which allow more space and convenient amenities for the business traveler. Hyatt Regency Woodfield – Schaumburg is positioned to offer easy access to downtown Chicago, O’Hare, local businesses and area attractions, it is unfortunate that the location did not meet your expectations. We hope you will allows us another opportunity to impress you during your next visit to the Schaumburg area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Carmel, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

You wanna shop? Then this place have lots and lots, though its a bit far from Chicago its worth if you get it for a good price.
I got this on Priceline bid, so the deal was for $50 and its pretty good.
The rooms are well maintained as any Hyatt but the only thing which took me down was the hospitality, We booked 3 rooms and while check-in the staff is not even bothered to let us know the options they had or some promotions etc. I was expecting them to help me in choosing additional options and all. One more thing, they gave one of the room in other floor, so we asked them to give on the same floor and they gave a room which was not cleaned.....ugh. Later we got another one after talking to the front desk :)

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience. Our convenient location across from the Woodfield Shopping Center is a delight for the shopper in us, as it is second only to Mall of America. Woodfield is the Midwest’s largest shopping mall with over 400 stores! We are so glad that you reached out to the front desk to handle the issue of your room and the situation was addressed promptly. Should you visit the Schaumburg area again, please use our website as a reference of all the wonderful amenities available to our guests. We appreciate your review.
Elgin, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

I've stayed at this Hyatt several times. I really like it. The rooms are spacious and clean. I usually get a king. There's usually a lounge-style couch in the room, along with a work desk and fridge. Bathrooms are upscale with walk-in showers.

This is a pretty big hotel for the area. There's a central courtyard with a hot tub and small pool. It also has many meeting/event rooms. The bar is centrally located in the middle of a pretty large front lobby. The front area is very open, so the bar/sitting area/lobby all kind of blend together.

The hotel is well located. It's right next to Rt 53 and I90, which pretty much gets you quickly to any part of the Chicago suburbs. It's also right across the street from Woodfield Mall, which is a very large mall for those of you from out of the area. There's also many restaurants and bars within a short drive.

Room Tip: If you're a Costco member use code COSTCO when booking. Usually saves about 10%.
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
It is always a sincere pleasure to receive feedback from our returning guests. We appreciate the recommendation on weddings and business events at the Hyatt Regency Woodfield – Schaumburg. With a great on-site team of expert planners and renowned caterers, you can host important events with confidence knowing that you will have a professional team assisting you every step of the way. Thank you for the great review; it would be our pleasure to welcome you again!
Chicago Suburbs
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

I checked into this hotel at 8:30am. While they didn't have my room avaiable yet, they offered me a upgraded suite room that was avaiable - at NO EXTRA COST! How cool is that? The room was huge, nice, and clean. The bed was a pulldown, which was a little lame, but I have no room to complain. The bar is small, but friendly, and your close to all the action at Woodfield. The Ram brewery is walkable out the back of the hotel, and they serve great beer!

Room Tip: Ask for a upgrade to a suite room!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011 via mobile

I arrived with my child after we'd been at a water park. The desk lady coldly checked me in and gave me a room on the second floor. She told me where the elevators were. No one offered to help with bags and no carts were around. My husband and daughter came in and we went to the elevator. Surprise, it doesn't go to the second floor. Back down with kids and luggage to the lobby to figure out on our own that the second floor is only accessible by stairs. Up the stairs with kids and bags. No ramp and no one to help with luggage or even point us in the right direction. Hotel was clean and pretty. Won't be going back.

• Stayed July 2011
Syracuse, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for a Science Fiction con, so once again my review may be slanted towards those specific needs. As opposed to the last Ryatt Regency we stayed at in Kansas City, MO, this one is a definite step up in many ways - there's free parking readily available, the hotel is newer, and Woodfield Mall (a major shopping mall) is quite literally across the street - so there's plenty of food and shopping options within walking distance for those who don't want overpriced hotel food (including Portillo's, a landmark fast food restaurant).

However, rooms are on the small side, and the full-sized bed my wife and I slept in seemed tiny compared to what we're used to for that size. (My wife often uses the second bed in a two full-sized bed room for packing and unpacking.) More importantly, this hotel doesn't have *any* free wifi any place in the hotel - even the common areas like the lobby and meeting rooms use Hyatt's overpriced $9.95/night wireless, which seems unconscionable to me. Finally, when I called requesting late checkout because my wife had an event she needed to attend, I was told they didn't *have* late checkout!

I know Hyatt Regency hotels are considered "ritzier" than many of the hotels I'm used to staying in - if that means "paying for overpriced everything", I suspect I'll be staying at Holiday Inns whenever possible from here on in.....

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 1 night en route to Wisconsin. It is located directly across from the Woodfield Mall and offers lots of dining options near by.
PROS:
~very modern interior and rooms are nicely decorated with upscale furnishings
~beds were comfortable
~pool area is nice, offering a small indoor pool that connects to the outside
CONS:
~stayed on a Saturday night and there were 2 weddings taking place. There is only one parking lot at the back of the hotel which was full of people coming for the wedding receptions. This meant a long walk with luggage, in the rain. A bit frustrating when we are the ones paying for a room.....
~hot tub was closed which would have been nice on this unseasonably cold day. Another guest said it hadn't been opened all year.
~no free internet useage. I entered the business center to find it cost a min of $7.50 to get on the internet.
And my biggest complaint......the NOISE. We were on the 3rd floor and we could hear the DJ and the music at the receptions taking place on the 1st floor until well after midnight. And our room wasn't even over top of the banquet rooms! We were also awoken at least 5 times through the night by loud groups of people roaming the hallways. So not a good nights sleep for us :~(
Everything else about this hotel was so nice, I would consider staying again. I would only do so if it was during the week since the chances of having loud party-goers would be much less.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago? Share your experiences!