“Glad to be back and will return!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Shaw's Crab House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 279 Restaurants in Schaumburg
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Higgins Rd and Rt. 53, I-290 and I-355
Plainfield,IL
“Glad to be back and will return!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

This was a return visit for us. We made reservations online and made it there ontime. We were seated in about 10 minutes. Forgot that they have a buffet on saturdays and that our reservations did not qualify for the buffet. Gotta remember that for next time.

We were seated and ordered drinks. Good beer and wine selection. Our server was helpful and knew the menu. We also started with an oyster spread and the jumbalaya. Both were good. The oysters were good quality and fresh.

For our main dishes, we had the King Crab and the halibut. We were pleased with both. A little overpriced, but good quality. The crab was large and meaty. The halibut was crusted with lentils in a nice broth.

For dessert, we had the key lime pie. Very fresh and tasty. Its a fun and lively restaurant with great service. We will go back for the brunch next time.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Thompsons Station, TN
“Went for Lunch and Would Go Again!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We had a business meeting in Schaumburg, had enough time to get lunch so we tried Shaw's. I must say for lunch we had a very pleasant experience. I had a bowl of gumbo and the jambalaya.
One of my associate had the fish tacos and all of it was very tasty. Fresh garlic rolls top off the lunch. The prices is fair for this caliber restaurant and the service was first rate. I'd go back again to try something else. Our experience was very satisfactory

Visited April 2013
Rochester Hills, Michigan
“Good not Great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This place was OK. Everything seemed to be priced high for what you got. The sushi for example wasn't anything to write home about and was priced on the higher side. Shrimp also nothing spectacular.

Visited April 2013
Orlando, Florida
“Stone Crabs”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

My first night in Schaumburg and I decide to eat at here. I was seated at table looking directly opposite the the kitchen open doors and waiter serving / prep area. Now the were other people in seated in this are but the restaurant was not crowed and when I want to view a kitchen I will cook.

As for the stone crabs I had two order and they were pretty good. I can never get enough stone crab. I live in Florida, thus my review will be in comparison to my stone crab and seafood experiences.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Must honor reservations”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Reservations: We made them for 7 p.m.; arrived early (around 6:30), but were not seated until 7:20. If a restaurant cannot honor reservations, they should not let you make them. Host who seated us offered no apology, seemed clueless that they had not honored the promised time.

Service: Waiter and his assistants were very, very good, but they cannot control the kitchen, and the food came out slowly. Count the reservations as part of the "service", hence, the lower rating.

Ambiance: In a back room; I liked the configuration of the table, but the room was crammed. If you had to get up to go to the bathroom, you almost always were forced to wait for a server or another guest to get out of the way with every step you took. Loud.

Food: I had the haddock and my husband had the salmon, which were both good. I got the twice baked potato as a side, and could taste the fake potatoes that had been whipped into it.

Value: Too expensive for this loud, slow, crowded night. We had a glass of wine each, one salad that we split, two main courses, one side that we split, and the total ran about $80 each, total of about $160 with tax and tip.

Will not be going back any time soon.

• Visited March 2013