“Total waste of time and money” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Legoland Discovery Center Chicago

Legoland Discovery Center Chicago
601 N. Martingale Road, Intersection of Higgins Road and Martingale Road near Woodfield Mall, Schaumburg, IL 60173
+1 847-592-9700
Go Chicago Card
Ranked #2 of 5 Attractions in Schaumburg
Type: Amusement/ Theme Parks, Amusement Parks
More attraction details
Owner description: Visit LEGOLAND Discovery Center and it's like you have just jumped into the world's biggest box of LEGO bricks! This indoor attraction offers 30,000 square feet of LEGO fun including two rides, a 4D movie theatre, a build and test zone where kids can build their own LEGO creations, Miniland - the Chicago skyline built from 1 million LEGO bricks, a soft play area, LEGO Star Wars Miniland, LEGO Factory Tour, Model Builder Workshop, LEGO Shop and Cafe. It's a fun place for LEGO fans young and old!
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Canada
11 attraction reviews
“Total waste of time and money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2009

Unbelievable- $19 for each adult and $15 for kids (near $70 for a family of four) then they ask $4.95 for a guide! (this would still be overpriced at half this amount) Get the Chicago Guide book with coupons to get the kids in free if you really must go but it is not worth the trip if you're coming from downtown Chicago and your kids are older than 4 and are not easily entertained. The Dragon ride is a joke to take you around to see lego characters in a "Disney-ish" story line.
You will burn up lots of cash and not much time here. Go to the nearby mall (forgot name) - much nicer with a play area that the toddlers will love (and a Lego store!).

Wisconsin
“Not worth the money and frustration!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2009

Not worth the money and frustration!!

We spent a ton of money and time to stand in line to enter each lego room which bascially consisted of a couple lego-made life size people/characters. The movie was down. The lego play land was chaos. I am still trying to figure out why they charged so much money to get it. My 6 and 2 year olds were bored. Do not waste your time!!!!!!

Oak Park, Il
“Legoland was great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2009

We just went to Legoland with our 3 1/2 year old son and had a great time. My recommendation is to arrive early to avoid the crowds. We saw all the Lego buildings,animals,etc.. and then went on the Dragon ride and saw the 4D movie. To wrap up the visit we spent about 1 hour in the play area and our son really enjoyed the unlimited building possibilities available there. All in all I would say it is well worth the trip. I did read some negative reviews but luckily everything was fully functional this past Sunday. I did think the gift shop could have had a more extensive selection. I have visited the Legoland in Denmark and that is spectacular but I guess I figured that this Legoland would be a smaller indoor version - and it is. Lastly ,our son is looking forward to our next trip to Legoland.

Chicago
“A Fun Experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2009

We visited in early February. We have a 5 & 7 year old and they enjoyed it. Even with the ride being temporarily down, we still were able to have fun. Because of the ride being closed, we received free tickets to come back when the ride is open. We enjoyed the 4-D movie, Build and Test and the displays. If you have a coupon for buy one /get a child's admission free, I think it is a fun experience. I am pretty certain they are running this offer to anyone with a Jewel preferred card now. I also found coupons by searching the internet. If you don't take advantage of the get one free offer, it is overpriced.

Racine, WI
“Just Ok”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2009

I had issues too but I will try to be as diplmatic as I can about this place...Problems, Yes...the dragon ride was down, (we did get a voucher to come back by 03/31/09 for free though). The lego factory was a waste of time, (small and disorganized). The build and test center did not have enough wheels! People were stealing wheels from each other. My sons test car was snatched away from me as soon as I looked away. Even adults were taking the kid's cars for the wheels. The 4-D movie was awesome. The jungle Safari was good, my son liked the quiz as you go. The master builder area made no sense, it was behind the cafe and not all what I expected. My son had fun, I had the issues. It was pricey for what you got, but I didn't have a feeling that I was completely ripped off either because my son did enjoy himself. I will say this, I was more disappointed with the overall rudeness of the people of Chicago than anything else. (I'm not from Illinois). Oh, and it wasn't filthy on the day I was there as I read in a previous review.