“Good place for kids” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Legoland Discovery Center Chicago

Legoland Discovery Center Chicago
601 N. Martingale Road, Intersection of Higgins Road and Martingale Road near Woodfield Mall, Schaumburg, IL 60173
+1 847-592-9700
and up
Go Chicago Card
Ranked #6 of 19 things to do in Schaumburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Visit LEGOLAND Discovery Center and it's like you have just jumped into the world's biggest box of LEGO bricks! This indoor attraction offers 30,000 square feet of LEGO fun including two rides, a 4D movie theatre, a build and test zone where kids can build their own LEGO creations, Miniland - the Chicago skyline built from 1 million LEGO bricks, a soft play area, LEGO Star Wars Miniland, LEGO Factory Tour, Model Builder Workshop, LEGO Shop and Cafe. It's a fun place for LEGO fans young and old!
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Asheville, North Carolina
19 attraction reviews
“Good place for kids”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

This place is great for kids, and adults will appreciate it as well. I enjoyed the train ride and many of the displays, but I wonder why people would come more than once.

Visited December 2013
LDCChicagoteam, Guest Relations Manager at Legoland Discovery Center Chicago, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit. We hold events throughout the year, so we always try and provide guests with a new reason to come back! For example, we have a LEGO Ninjago event in February and a LEGO Star Wars Event in March. Our full event calendar can be found on our website.

Thanks again for your review and hopefully we will see you again at one of our event weekends!

6 attraction reviews
“Buy tickets before you go!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

We traveled from Columbus, Ohio to visit the Legoland Discovery Center. I am so glad that I did my research and bought tickets before we left. We arrived after 3pm on December 30th and the stand-by line was out the door! A staff member told me that they were getting ready to close the line to "walk-ins". So, my family of four walked happily to the front of the line to start our adventure! The displays are amazing and my kids loved all the different themes. Even though it was crowded, we were able to get through all the different displays/rides/activities rather quickly. Even if it is cold, I recommend leaving your coats/outwear in the car. We are so glad that we didn't carry those around with us! Legoland Chicago is great family fun!

Visited December 2013
Thanks for posting a review and providing good advice for future visitors! We definitely recommend that all guests purchase tickets in advance – that’s the only way to guarantee admission. Although it doesn’t happen often, during peak periods (e.g. Spring Break, Winter Break etc) we do sometimes have to close the general admission line, so it always makes sense to buy tickets in advance online. Online tickets also benefit from special rate pricing.

We do have coat hooks where guests are able to leave their coats, but belongings are left at your own discretion. There is a parking lot directly outside LEGOLAND Discovery Center, so we recommend that you either leave valuables in the car or keep them with you during your visit.

Thanks again for your review, and we hope to see you again soon.
Salida, CO
23 attraction reviews
“My kid was stoked”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

I read others' reviews after getting back from Legoland. Went there with my 6 y/o son.

On the negative side -- food was slow, it took almost 10 minutes in the cafeteria (at non rush time) to get food. One worker was doing it all, having to take gloves off to run the register, put on new ones, grab a tray, etc. A bit frustrating with a hungry kid. The coaster attraction was shut down when another kid jumped out of the car. It takes 1/2 hour to restart the ride, so we ended up walking out from the tunnel.

BUT: the day was for the kids. My complaints above are valid, but the truth is that none of it really mattered to the kids. We had a great time building cars and a snowboarder (task was "favorite winter activity"), running them on the ramps. The cafeteria has a LEGO value meal with a brick-shaped lunch box you can take home, and a mini figure in it. The few rides brought lots of smiles.

The $4 activity pack consists of a bunch of cards on a lanyard -- and it was a fun way to ask questions at each display. Looking for the stamp in each room also helped my son to engage at a different level.

Next time, because we will be going back, I will plan on signing up for the LEGO workshop/classes as soon as we get in -- those looked cool and I didn't know about them ahead of time. Crowds can be a problem, next time we'll be there 9am on the dot.

Visited December 2013
LDCChicagoteam, Guest Relations Manager at Legoland Discovery Center Chicago, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased to hear that your kids enjoyed their visit to LEGOLAND Discovery Center Chicago. I also appreciate your feedback about the Café and the ride. You should not have to wait that long for food, and I will speak with our Catering Manager to ensure that this problem is rectified and we have more team members in place during busy periods.

I am sorry that the ride had to be restarted. The safety of our guests is our number one priority, so as soon as anyone gets out of the ride cars we have to stop the ride immediately to ensure that nobody gets hurt. I hope you were able to go on the ride again once it was restarted.

If you would like to experience the LEGO Master Builder Academy, I recommend visiting midweek or late in the afternoon. At that time, you should not have to sign up for the classes, and the workshops are a great way to learn LEGO building tips.

Thank you again for your review, and we look forward to seeing you and your family again soon.
North Arlington, New Jersey
43 attraction reviews
“OK.. and overpriced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

I was here with friends and families with kids, the place is overpriced even with their coupons and stuff. The things are worth seeing but not a lot of value for the money. The only place kids enjoyed was the 4D movie and the building blocks area.

Visited December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. I am sorry to hear that you did not feel your visit was good value for money. We have over ten separate features at the center (including two rides and the 4D movie theatre) and generally guests spend between 2.5 – 3 hours at the attraction. We will be adding new features in 2014, so hopefully if you visit again you will find the attraction to be better value for money.
Illinois, United States
“okay but overpriced ”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

over priced for what's there.. kids liked it.. but grew bored after 1 hour. Food is worst quality ever in the cafeteria.. Most gas stations have better food..

LDCChicagoteam, Guest Relations Manager at Legoland Discovery Center Chicago, responded to this review, December 15, 2013
Thank you for posting a review. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your visit to LEGOLAND Discovery Center Chicago.

We generally recommend that guests allow between 2-3 hours to experience everything in the Center – the two rides, movies, Miniland, Jungle, Model Builder Academy, jungle gym, Star Wars Miniland – but this does depend on how long the children spend building and playing with the LEGO bricks in the Build and Test area. Some children build for hours, whereas other children (often the younger ones) don’t enjoy the building as much.

In response to feedback we have had from our guests, I am pleased to tell you that we will be changing our food supplier next year. This should result in a strong improvement in the quality of the food that we serve.

If you decide to visit LEGOLAND Discovery Center again, we do recommend purchasing tickets from our website so that you can benefit from our best price guarantee.

Thank you again for taking the time to post a review. Although it is disappointing that you did not enjoy your visit, we will use your feedback to help improve the attraction for future guests.