“Not bad, but not great either.” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #1 of 2 Sandwich B&B and Inns
Chicago
“Not bad, but not great either.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We stayed here to take advantage of the Raving Waves package. That includes, 4 tickets to the park, 1 parking pass, 4 tube rentals, 2 ice cream bars for the kids and a little shovel and bucket. It was a pretty good deal for the price. Most of the staff were quite friendly and helpful, really no complaints there. After spending the day at the park, which is a good 10 to minutes away we came back and got our room. It was a double queen room. It was clean and suited our purpose so we unpacked and went down to the restaurant for dinner. The food selection and price is on par with other similar hotels. I would have eaten somewhere else but we were tired, it was close, and there's really not much else around the area. The food was pretty good, but if I return, I'll look elsewhere since the selection was limited. The kids were looking forward to going in the pool, but upon examination of the, lets say less than desireable crowd, we decided to wait until the morning. Once we got upstairs a band had started playing in the restaurant/bar. Our room was directly above it, and it was very loud. No way we were staying in that room for the night, so I went down to the desk to ask for another. They offered me a queen suite, which had one bed and a pullout couch, which was fine, although quite inconvenient. The kids were already settled in and in their pajamas and we had to pack up and go upstairs at 10 pm. As we moved the music resonating through the first and second floors was ridiculous. Way, way too loud for a hotel. Funny thing is, the crowd in the bar couldn't have been more than 15 people yet they thought that blasting out the rest of the hotel was acceptable. I disagree strongly, tone it down for the benefit of the rest
of the guests and perhaps when you know there is a family with children staying in your hotel, maybe put them in a quieter room that isn't directly above the bar. We slept good, beds were comfortable, got up and went for a swim. The pool was warm and clean. We then went to the free breakfast at 9am. By that time there wasn't much left as some guests felt that 4 or 5 trips back to the food line was acceptable. I walked over the front desk and asked if they would be replenishing the food. She said that breakfast was winding down. I told her I didn't really care and that the cook had better start winding up the grill. If you advertise breakfast until 10, then have breakfast until 10. To her defense she did go talk to the food person who was in the process of bringing out more food. Once again, not bad for a free breakfast, but nothing I'd pay for either. We packed up and headed home. Overall it's a decent hotel, clean and the staff seemed fairly helpful. Just a few minor issues that were resolved. It's your average hotel so don't expect too much and you'll leave satisfied.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
timber01creek, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Timber Creek Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
I am very sorry for the noise issues you encountered. In general if we have entertainment in The Top Shelf we try to avoid renting the rooms directly above. Unfortunately at times this is unavoidable. If there are noise issues, we also ask the band to lower the sound level. Again, I apologize and will discuss this with the staff.

We hope you will consider staying with us again.

Karen Bohnstedt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Steger, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

Upon arrival walking into lobby it was beautiful and very spacious. I had a slight problem with check in but they were very helpful in figuring it out. The breakfast was good and it had a variety of hot and cold foods. The pool was clean and my son did want to get out. The hotel was close to shopping and close to the fox river and loon lake were my husband spent time fishing. The wifi service was good just had problems with reception on our cell phones in the rooms. I would recommend this hotel and will stay here again if in the area. Q

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank-you for your feedback. I am happy to hear you liked our hotel and that you found it conveniently located.

I am glad to hear you will consider us again in the future.

Have a great day and thank-you for staying with the BEST WESTERN PLUS Timber Creek Inn & Suites and Convention Center.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

I had a local long-term work assignment and ended up staying at the Timber Creek BW for 5 months. Excellent front staff, very clean rooms, and even some nice volleyball courts out back. I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Thank-you for the very kind words. Since you have been with us for so long, your comments mean a lot. You have been a great guest and we will be sorry to see you go.

Thank-you again!

Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We only had the pleasure of staying here one night as we were travelling through from Nashville to Wisconsin Dells. It was gorgeous and the location was nestled in a beautiful forested backdrop. Lobby was very impressive and the breakfast was delicious - included apple filled crepes and other hot items. Rooms were well appointed and very clean. Restaurant and bar were very nice and convenient and included a large outdoor eating area. Nice pool (hot tub was covered up though?). I was impressed by the Eco-friendly initiatives they have taken also. Staff was great as well. I've stayed in many Best Western hotels and this was by far the most beautiful and at the highest end of the BW spectrum!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
timber01creek, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Timber Creek Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Thank-you for providing the great review! We are very glad you had an opportunity to stay with us during your trip. It is so nice to receive such positive feedback from a loyal Best Western customer.

Thank-you again for staying with the BEST WESTERN PLUS Timber Creek Inn & Suites and Convention Center.

Romeoville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Small town friendly customer service. I love that the hotel is ALL Green! Compfy rooms and beds. Food and bar prices were very reasonable and good staff. The complimentary breakfast wa a full, hot breakfast, not just coffee and donuts. Very welcoming lodge-like lobby with wifi! Very nice (and large) banquet area with lots of breakouts to get just the right size room.
Great banquet and sales staff too.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Timber Creek Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
Thank-you for the great feedback! I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and we hope we will see you again.

Thank-you for staying with the BEST WESTERN PLUS Timber Creek Inn & Suites and Convention Center.

Naperville, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

The hotel was really great. I stayed here for 1 night just for a wedding and the service was outstanding. At one point I even thought their towels maybe had some sort of bleach product on them and had messed up my dress. They accommodated me and were very helpful by offering to wash my dress for free even though I later realized it was not their fault at all (my dress's material is weird I guess and the color changes with water on it?). Either way, they were respectful and helpful in dealing with that matter and washed it and the dress was back to normal. I apologized to them and said that it was really my fault in not being familiar with that material! Anyways, the rooms were also extremely clean and the pillows were quite comfortable. They had updated looking rooms and it didn't feel cheap at all. I got the raging waters package and I am looking forward to using those tickets sometime this summer! The tickets came with a water pail and shovel which I thought was a cute touch. :) I also thought the continental breakfast was pretty tasty except for the sausages looking a little off (but still tasting ok). The free coffee with take away coffee cups was awesome too! I really hate it when a hotel has those tiny little styrofoam cups... I like having a nice big cup with a lid and then coffee sleeves to keep me from burning my hand when I hold it. I hope they never get rid of that part! lol (I am a coffee fiend!). Check out was also super easy which I liked. I just had to call 511 from the phone and say my name and room number. I liked that I didn't have to waste more time having to go to the desk and check out. Oh, and aside from the room itself the staff at the wedding was great. I'm not sure if the people working the wedding were directly from the hotel but they were awesome. The food was very tasty (again, I'm not 100% sure that the food was served by the hotel but either way it was a good time!) The only complaint I have is that I was directed to the wrong area of the hotel when I asked the staff where my friends wedding ceremony was. They directed me to the far end of the building where the reception would be when really I was trying to get to the ceremony. I understand that it can be confusing though but other than that, my time spent there was wonderful.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
timber01creek, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Timber Creek Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
I am glad to hear once your dress was washed, the coloring looked normal again. I hope you enjoy your day at Raging Waves later this summer.

Thank-you for providing the great feedback regarding your stay at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Timber Creek Inn & Suites and Convention Center and we hope we will see you again.

Charlotte NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

Well I do not know where to begin the employees are very friendly, the roof of the reception and the decoration is very nice, clean rooms, breakfast with great variety and fantastic restaurant.

Teresa C.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
timber01creek, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Timber Creek Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
Thank-you for taking the time to provide us with such a great review! Breakfast is always a personal preference. I am glad you found ours to be enjoyable. I am also happy to hear you enjoyed your meal in The Top Shelf.

Thank-you again!
Karen Bohnstedt

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Timber Creek Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!