“Nice place, nice staff” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Saint Charles
Bensenville, Illinois
“Nice place, nice staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We were there for one night only for a wedding that the hotel shuttled us to. I thought the staff was friendly and provided any information needed. Room was clean, small balcony a plus. It was a typical Courtyard experience, but the staff made it a little better than normal.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
BMERIGOLD, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your experience at our hotel on trip advisor. I am glad to hear the staff made it extra special for you. The balconies are a very nice thing to have, especially this time of year. We have had beautiful fall weather. I hope you had a wonderful time at your weddings. It is such a special time when family and friends can get together for such a fun occasion. Thanks again for your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Maybe I've been to one too many Courtyards lately, but this one seemed to be simply average. The lobby was nice and fit the Courtyard mold, but the room was basic and average. The front desk was fine. The small refrigerator in the room kept cycling on and off throughout the night. It was an early start and breakfast wasn't available (other than a grab bag).

Room Tip: This hotel is off the main road, so any room should be fairly quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
BMERIGOLD, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed our lobby. It does have a great look and feel to it. Just after the New Year, we will be renovating our rooms to match this look. We are vey happy to be one of the first Courtyards to receive the new Cynergy package. We hope you can come back and see in order to see our new look. Thanks for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor.
Chandler, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I felt that the rooms were a bit old and did not match the big splash and nice look of the lobby. The lobby is great and has the new Courtyard look. But I would rather the rooms be upgraded. Also if this is suppose to be a hotel for business users, there needs to be a better chair for the desk. I spent several hours in an uncomfortable chair at the desk in my room. Finally it appears that there are two sets of towels. Some of my towels were a bit old and rough. While some of the towels were newer and nice and soft.

I would like to point out that all of the staff was very nice and very helpful.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments about the hotel. We are very excited to let you know that we are scheduled for a room renovation just after the first of the year. We will be getting the new Courtyard Cynergey package which will match the contemporary look and feel of our lobby. We hope that your travels will bring you back to St Charles next year so that you can enjoy our new rooms. Thank you for taking the time to share your stay on Trip Advisor.
Saint Charles, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Recently, my son got married in St Charles, and we book rooms at this hotel. From months out as we were getting started to when we had 36 rooms book everything was awesome! The staff was always available to answer questions and provide outstanding customer service. They assisted in handing out guest gift baskets as they checked in to assigning shuttle times to the reception and back to the hotel at the end of the night. The rooms are very clean and well decorated. My new daughter-in-law and all 8 bridesmaid enjoyed one of their suites where they had their makeup done and got dressed for the service. It has been a month since the wedding and I am still hearing how wonderful the hotel and staff where from guest who stayed there. I would recommend this hotel for any occasion no matter how big or small. Thanks you!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
BMERIGOLD, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
I am so glad to hear you enjoyed the accomodations for the wedding. We pride ourselves in taking good care of our wedding guests as the day is so special to all. I am glad to hear the staff was very helpful and accomodating. Sounds like the girls had a wonderful time getting ready for the event. Thank you for sharing your experience for all to see. We were happy to be part of such a special day.
Canton, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

this hotel is just a bit out of the main intersections. located between St Charles and Geneva just outside Chicago. pretty nice updates. beautiful balcony views. but no breakfast included. clean and with nice staff.

Room Tip: if you need adjoining rooms they are great. rooms on back side with balconies are quiet and have ni...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
BMERIGOLD, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments about our hotel. Our lobby receives many compliments about looking very modern yet being very comfortable and spacious. I am glad to hear the staff took great care of you while you were here. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

We used this hotel for our wedding guests and for where I got ready with the bridal party. The lobby is really contemporary and large. Rooms were clean. And the staff helped me with my every need! They even helped fill my hotel gift bags because I was running late. I also had my bridal party and moms get ready with hair and makeup in the suite. That would be about 15 people and we had plenty of room. They brought us extra chairs, mirrors, and ice buckets. It was a great experience all around.

• Stayed June 2013
BMERIGOLD, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind comments about our hotel. We were so happy to be a part of your wedding day. Our hotel has the perfect lobby for groups to gather and talk. I am glad you and your family were able to take advantage of it. Having the extra meeting room space to get everyone ready can be a big plus on a hectic day. I am so glad everything worked out so wonderfully. Be sure to come back and see us on your 1st Anniversary. Congratulations to you and your husband.
Malvern, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

I recently planned our 50th high school reunion and used the Courtyard Marriott St. Charles as our home base. The staff could not have been more accommodating. They helped us solve computer issues, provided a hospitality room for two nights, made copies for us and just generally provided first class service. The rooms were spacious and clean. I will most definitely stay here anytime I am in the area area.

• Stayed June 2013
BMERIGOLD, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind comments about the hotel. We do pride ourselves in having an outstanding staff and very clean rooms. I am so glad you and your guests had a wonderful time at your reunion. We were happy to be your headquarters for such a special event. We appreciate that you took time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. Thanks again!

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Chicago St. Charles? Share your experiences!