“Room upgrades Needed” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 12 hotels in Saint Charles
Chandler, Arizona
“Room upgrades Needed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I felt that the rooms were a bit old and did not match the big splash and nice look of the lobby. The lobby is great and has the new Courtyard look. But I would rather the rooms be upgraded. Also if this is suppose to be a hotel for business users, there needs to be a better chair for the desk. I spent several hours in an uncomfortable chair at the desk in my room. Finally it appears that there are two sets of towels. Some of my towels were a bit old and rough. While some of the towels were newer and nice and soft.

I would like to point out that all of the staff was very nice and very helpful.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
BMERIGOLD, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Thank you for your comments about the hotel. We are very excited to let you know that we are scheduled for a room renovation just after the first of the year. We will be getting the new Courtyard Cynergey package which will match the contemporary look and feel of our lobby. We hope that your travels will bring you back to St Charles next year so that you can enjoy our new rooms. Thank you for taking the time to share your stay on Trip Advisor.

61 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Saint Charles, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Recently, my son got married in St Charles, and we book rooms at this hotel. From months out as we were getting started to when we had 36 rooms book everything was awesome! The staff was always available to answer questions and provide outstanding customer service. They assisted in handing out guest gift baskets as they checked in to assigning shuttle times to the reception and back to the hotel at the end of the night. The rooms are very clean and well decorated. My new daughter-in-law and all 8 bridesmaid enjoyed one of their suites where they had their makeup done and got dressed for the service. It has been a month since the wedding and I am still hearing how wonderful the hotel and staff where from guest who stayed there. I would recommend this hotel for any occasion no matter how big or small. Thanks you!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
BMERIGOLD, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
I am so glad to hear you enjoyed the accomodations for the wedding. We pride ourselves in taking good care of our wedding guests as the day is so special to all. I am glad to hear the staff was very helpful and accomodating. Sounds like the girls had a wonderful time getting ready for the event. Thank you for sharing your experience for all to see. We were happy to be part of such a special day.
Canton, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

this hotel is just a bit out of the main intersections. located between St Charles and Geneva just outside Chicago. pretty nice updates. beautiful balcony views. but no breakfast included. clean and with nice staff.

Room Tip: if you need adjoining rooms they are great. rooms on back side with balconies are quiet and have ni...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
BMERIGOLD, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments about our hotel. Our lobby receives many compliments about looking very modern yet being very comfortable and spacious. I am glad to hear the staff took great care of you while you were here. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

We used this hotel for our wedding guests and for where I got ready with the bridal party. The lobby is really contemporary and large. Rooms were clean. And the staff helped me with my every need! They even helped fill my hotel gift bags because I was running late. I also had my bridal party and moms get ready with hair and makeup in the suite. That would be about 15 people and we had plenty of room. They brought us extra chairs, mirrors, and ice buckets. It was a great experience all around.

• Stayed June 2013
BMERIGOLD, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind comments about our hotel. We were so happy to be a part of your wedding day. Our hotel has the perfect lobby for groups to gather and talk. I am glad you and your family were able to take advantage of it. Having the extra meeting room space to get everyone ready can be a big plus on a hectic day. I am so glad everything worked out so wonderfully. Be sure to come back and see us on your 1st Anniversary. Congratulations to you and your husband.
Malvern, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

I recently planned our 50th high school reunion and used the Courtyard Marriott St. Charles as our home base. The staff could not have been more accommodating. They helped us solve computer issues, provided a hospitality room for two nights, made copies for us and just generally provided first class service. The rooms were spacious and clean. I will most definitely stay here anytime I am in the area area.

• Stayed June 2013
BMERIGOLD, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind comments about the hotel. We do pride ourselves in having an outstanding staff and very clean rooms. I am so glad you and your guests had a wonderful time at your reunion. We were happy to be your headquarters for such a special event. We appreciate that you took time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. Thanks again!
Greenville, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I found the Courtyard Marriot – St Charles staff to be friendly, the rooms clean, large and the St Charles area to be quite nice.

As of June 2013 the main east west road, highway 64/North Avenue is under construction. I would recommend checking with the hotel on alternative routes.

The hotel lobby has an area for printing flight boarding passes as well as a computer with printer for that last minute printing need. The lobby also has a large interactive touch screen monitor with news, weather and sports.

I was at the hotel with a group for business and the Courtyard Marriot – St Charles staff handled our needs well.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
BMERIGOLD, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at out hotel. We are very happy to have such a beautiful property to offer to our guests. You are right about the construction on Route 64. It can get really bad. We are in a good location where that traffic can be avoided. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate all your kind comments.
Delray Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

This is my second review on this hotel and I cannot say enough. I am an International Horse Show Announcer and have stayed in Marriott hotels all over the world including the Middle East. This particular Marriott is outstanding owing to the fact that Barbara Merigold the General Manager and her staff are the absolute best. From entering the Hotel on arrival to leaving they absolutely go out of their way to make your stay as comfortable and caring as possible.

I have stayed here every year since the hotel opened fourteen years ago and can not imagine staying anywhere else in the area. This Courtyard by Marriott has most certainly become my home from home and there is nothing that they will not do for you. Even Sylvia, head of housekeeping is a gem as is Estella who runs the kitchen. The front Desk staff are the friendliest, most courteous of people and will always do what they can to make your stay comfortable, inviting and most welcome.

In closing this review all I can say is that I cannot possibly consider staying anywhere else in St. Charles but the Courtyard by Marriott. And NO, I am not related to any person who works here, this is my total and personal opinion of this hotel. Thank you Barbara and your staff for everything you do when I visit St. Charles.

Room Tip: I personally like the top floor (4th level in this hotel) as I do not like anyone above me. However...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
BMERIGOLD, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review. Although you are not related to anyone in the hotel, you will always be part of our family. We look forward to your arrival as you walk in and shout, "Honey, I'm Home!" Our staff is always happy to have you here and listen to your entertaining stories. Work life would not be the same for us without you here. Thanks for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor. We appreciate you!

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Chicago St. Charles? Share your experiences!