“Friendly, comfortable, clean, beautiful area” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
3-Night Stays: Save 15%
Ranked #3 of 12 hotels in Saint Charles
Greenville, Wisconsin
“Friendly, comfortable, clean, beautiful area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I found the Courtyard Marriot – St Charles staff to be friendly, the rooms clean, large and the St Charles area to be quite nice.

As of June 2013 the main east west road, highway 64/North Avenue is under construction. I would recommend checking with the hotel on alternative routes.

The hotel lobby has an area for printing flight boarding passes as well as a computer with printer for that last minute printing need. The lobby also has a large interactive touch screen monitor with news, weather and sports.

I was at the hotel with a group for business and the Courtyard Marriot – St Charles staff handled our needs well.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
BMERIGOLD, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at out hotel. We are very happy to have such a beautiful property to offer to our guests. You are right about the construction on Route 64. It can get really bad. We are in a good location where that traffic can be avoided. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate all your kind comments.

62 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Delray Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

This is my second review on this hotel and I cannot say enough. I am an International Horse Show Announcer and have stayed in Marriott hotels all over the world including the Middle East. This particular Marriott is outstanding owing to the fact that Barbara Merigold the General Manager and her staff are the absolute best. From entering the Hotel on arrival to leaving they absolutely go out of their way to make your stay as comfortable and caring as possible.

I have stayed here every year since the hotel opened fourteen years ago and can not imagine staying anywhere else in the area. This Courtyard by Marriott has most certainly become my home from home and there is nothing that they will not do for you. Even Sylvia, head of housekeeping is a gem as is Estella who runs the kitchen. The front Desk staff are the friendliest, most courteous of people and will always do what they can to make your stay comfortable, inviting and most welcome.

In closing this review all I can say is that I cannot possibly consider staying anywhere else in St. Charles but the Courtyard by Marriott. And NO, I am not related to any person who works here, this is my total and personal opinion of this hotel. Thank you Barbara and your staff for everything you do when I visit St. Charles.

Room Tip: I personally like the top floor (4th level in this hotel) as I do not like anyone above me. However...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
BMERIGOLD, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review. Although you are not related to anyone in the hotel, you will always be part of our family. We look forward to your arrival as you walk in and shout, "Honey, I'm Home!" Our staff is always happy to have you here and listen to your entertaining stories. Work life would not be the same for us without you here. Thanks for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor. We appreciate you!
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Illinois is definitely the home of beautiful small towns. St. Charles is certainly among them. If business or pleasure brings you to this serene area by the Fox River west of Chicago, a great place to stay is the Courtyard by Marriott. It is not a large hotel, if that is a concern, though it is large enough to be able to provide great rooms and many amenities. At the moment, St. Charles is undergoing roadwork that is typical of the Chicago area in May. No one likes it but only God Almighty can do anything about it. Courtyard is to be preferred over many other choices, all very competitive. Still, just be spend a little time here is rewarding enough.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
BMERIGOLD, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
I completely agree! St. Charles is a beautiful historic town with lots to offer. There is so much to do and see in St. Charles, especially in the warmer months. We appreciate that we are your preferred hotel when staying in the area. Thank you for your kind comments about the hotel, and for your review.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Selected this Marriott property for overnight while attending a concert. Rooms need updating badly. Handles on drawers were rusted, and mattresses were lumpy. The room was clean and lobby recently updated. We approached the property and were excited to see the balconies. During checkin we asked if all rooms on upper floors had balconies and were told yes; Of course we requested one.. We were asked if we wanted it to smoke; mind you we are non-smokers and were aware it was a smoke free property. I think she could have informed us that smoking was prohibited in the balcony in a more customer friendly manner; why assume we are smokers?

We did manage to speak with the Sales Manager regarding this and she was very kind and apologized on behalf of management and gave us

Recommend additional customer service training. Besides this incident, our stay was fine!

• Stayed April 2013
BMERIGOLD, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind comments about the cleanliness of the hotel and our updated lobby. We are excited to let you know that we will be updating our rooms to match our lobby later this year. Courtyard is finalizing a brand new room package, and we will be one of the first hotels to receive it. I am sorry to hear that you were asked about smoking in the rooms. As a Rewards Member, I am sure you are very familiar with Marriott Hotels being non-smoking. We do enforce this on our balconies as well, but you should not have been asked this just because you requested a balcony room. I am so glad you ran into Sandi, our Director of Sales and she was able to turn your stay around and make it enjoyable. I hope you are able to visit us again in the future and enjoy our renovated rooms.
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We used the Marriott Courtyard as one of the hotels for our guests to stay at for our wedding. We got married in Geneva, but chose this hotel (along with the Herrington Inn and Spa) because we thought it was the nicest out of the surrounding hotels in this price range.
The contact person was Vicky and I dealt with her primarily through email. This was very convenient for me. She did an amazing job of coordinating everything. After we had reserved our block of rooms - we had to change the date of the wedding - and she was not only able to accommodate us, but she moved everyone's reservations and the process was very simple.
The hotel itself is a nice Marriott. The hotel lobby is very comfortable and modern space. There is also a restaurant and bar which is nice for the guests. The rooms were affordable as well.
Because we booked a minimum of 15 rooms on the night of our wedding, we got a free room for the bride and groom and we also got 3 hours of shuttle service to and from the wedding venue. This was a great service to offer to our guests.
We were able to drop off guest gift bags a couple of days early and they were really great about making sure each guest got one when they checked in.
The only downside of this location -was that it did not have a free continental breakfast to offer my guests - but we new this ahead of time and there are several breakfast places that are very close - including an IHOP. They do have breakfast in the restaurant that you can purchase in addition to the room.
I would definitely recommend this location to anyone who needs a night stay - or a place to have a block for their wedding!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
BMERIGOLD, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments about Vicky. She does a wonderful job with our weddings. Having the private three hour shuttle is a great perk when booking your wedding at our hotel. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and that we helped make your wedding day so special for you and your guests.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stayed overnight on a Saturday. The Hotel was busy with Wedding goers and another large group. The service was good, the staff friendly. The neighbors next door didn't take into account that others were sleeping when they slammed their door but that was not fault of the hotel.
The bed was very comfy and the room was cozy. The sheets were soft and felt nice to the touch. The pool was nice looking but I didn't have a chance to try it out. The workout room was very small, so you may not get on a machine if others are in there.
We had breakfast in the lobby. It was mediocre. Save your money and go out to eat in town. There are several places around the corner that are a better value with tastier food.

Room Tip: I think the higher the floor the less noise you will hear.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
BMERIGOLD, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
We appreciate that you took the time to share your experience. It's so nice to hear that you found the beds so comfortable. That is a key to a successful hotel stay. I am sorry to hear the breakfast did not meet your expectations. The Bistro concept is a bit different from a sit-down restaurant, but is very effective for business travelers who are on-the-go. Thanks for taking the time to share your comments. We hope to see you again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

As per my previous review this has become a second home to me and I would like to add a couple of new names to my thanks list...
Adam is always very polite, using the corporate terms of yes sir and Mr Leonard when addressing me.....as we are all pretty good friends now it's first name terms at my request....I prefer it that way. We have great convo's and I feel you won't be let down by him. A great asset to the hotel.

Gabby and I share a joke often, she always wants to make my stay better, likes to chat and when needed makes a mean bistro burger.

Over a year of staying at this hotel for extended stays gives me a pretty good base to make an opinion on its services and rooms and I can safely say its as good as you can get for its price range, it doesn't try to be the Ritz but what it does do is be a very good Marriott.

I recommend it to anyone, anytime.

• Stayed April 2013
BMERIGOLD, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments about the staff. Gaby and Adam are very caring employees. I am very lucky to have them. Knowing that it can be tough being away from home for so long, I am glad we are able to make your extended stay visits enjoyable. Thank you for sharing your experience with other. We do appreciate it.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Chicago St. Charles? Share your experiences!