“friendly and clean” 4 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Saint Charles
“friendly and clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

very friendly staff, clean rooms which were much bigger than even a typical marriott rooms

location is ok, easy to find when you know where it is, but no obvious for someone who doesnt know the area.

Pool was clean and well staffed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
BMERIGOLD, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
We are so glad to hear that you and your family had a wonderful experience at our hotel. Friendly and clean is the key to keeping our guests happy. We are proud that you choose our hotel when you visit St Charles. Thank you for taking the time to share your stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Very courteous staff, very clean modern rooms with good availability to a variety local attractions. You get food, nightlife, and entertainment all with in 5 minutes of the hotel. What ever you can not walk too the shuttle is available to get you we're you need to go. I am a corporate pilot and have stayed at several other hotels in the area, the staff is by far the friendliest and always ensure a pleasant experience.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
We do love our pilots! Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We appreciate your business and are very happy to provide a pleasant hotel experience for you.
Geneva, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Used the Courtyard by Marriott in St. Charles for all our wedding guests and we/they received excellent service. All welcome packets were handed out and everyone was happy with the hotel staff and bar/restaurant. Will use it again for our next daughter's wedding next October.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
BMERIGOLD, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
When it comes to someone's special wedding day, it is very important that the hotel delivers a flawless experience. We feell very lucky to be a part of this special day for our guests. To see family and friends get together for such a joyous experience is a rewarding part of our jobs. We are very glad to hear that you had a wonderful time at the wedding as we look forward to the next one in October. Thank you very much for sharing your experience.
Indianapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

This hotel really understood our needs as a group of families travelling for hockey in the area. They were accomodating, welcoming, and friendly with our 13 year old boys, who are generally well behaved. The desk staff allowed them to play xbox in the lobby, which drew a crowd and kept them entertained and out of everyone else's hair. They customized a breakfast for our group, and allowed us to use the space throughout our stay. They even assisted us with finding a local restaurant to deliver a team meal. The hotel was beautiful and conveniently located. We would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
We appreciate your kind comments about the hotel. Our staff meets after we have groups in the hotel and we find ideas on how to make the stay better based on our customer. We have had many hockey groups come to the hotel. Having this experience has educated us on how to make future hockey groups have a perfect stay. We are so glad to hear that we accomodated all the needs of your group. Thank you for sharing your comments!
Fort Wayne, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I travel a lot for business and this is a great place to spend the night. The lobby is welcoming and looked to be newly remodeled. The front desk crew was great to deal with and very helpful. Excellent service from the moment you walk in until you leave. Rooms were great and beds were very comfortable.

I would pass on the Bistro and find somewhere else for a snack though, the food was good and beverages cold but service was lacking. Just walking up it looked like it was closed, the staff was more concerned with what was on TV than what the customers wanted and didn't seem to interested in helping out any other staff members when the front desk area got backed up.

I'd definitely stay here again -

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
BMERIGOLD, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for your kind comments about the hotel. We are glad to hear you will definately return. Your comments about our lobby are similar to what we hear from other guests. I am sorry to hear that our Bistro attendant was not more hospitable. I will use your comments to help better this area. Thanks again for your feedback. We look forward to seeing you again.
Forest Park, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

My best friend retired this month and I wanted to do something special for her so we decided to take a mid-week trip. I had recently travelled throught the St.Charles/Geneva area on my way to Galena Ilinois so this was my first time in the area as well.

The hotel was perfect for us because we don't drive and they have a shuttle service that will take you anywhere within a 5 mile radius of the hotel. The staff was very cordial and the hotel atmosphere was very upscale and very, very, clean. The price was very affordable for a business class hotel. There is no restaurant in the hotel just a small bar and carry out restaurant but the area is loaded with restaurants and bars. The staff also made great recommendations about things to see and do.
Great beds, very comfortable.

Room Tip: The rooms on the end were a little warm.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
BMERIGOLD, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
We are so happy you were able to make a leisure trip out to St Charles last week. I know while you were here you got to know some of our staff. We loved having you here. Thanks for taking the time to share the highlights of your wonderful stay. We hope to see you again soon!
Auburn, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I had a reservation that I booked directly for two nights that was with a blocked group who was paying for the rooms. I needed to change a name on one of the reservations. I didn't have the reservation number when I called to switch the name of the person attending. They refused to help me due to their privacy policy BUT I AM THE ONE WHO MADE THE RESERVATION. I couldn't give them the last four numbers of the credit card as the conference was paying for them. All I wanted to do was put the correct name on the reservation. I asked what part of the policy was being adhered to and she just repeated the same thing. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told she would tell me the exact same thing. I still asked for a supervisor and never could get to one. I went home and got the confirmation number and made my change through the 800 number. I appreciate privacy policies but this was a bit over the top. I also am a rewards Marriott member. Hope the hotel service is better than the morning front desk reservations.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
I am very sorry to hear you had a problem changing the name on your reservation. As you can understand, the safety and security of our guests is very important. Confirmation numbers are given out to secure reservations for guests. There is just no way for us to confirm that the guest that made the reservation is the actual guest on the phone with us trying to change the reservation. I will send a note to Marriott Rewards suggesting that Reward Members be able to change reservations if they are able to provide their Reward Number over the phone. Thank you very much for the feedback.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Chicago St. Charles? Share your experiences!