“Nice place to stay near home” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   1600 E. Main St, Saint Charles, IL 60174 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #9 of 12 hotels in Saint Charles
Saint Charles, Illinois, Usa
“Nice place to stay near home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

We had to vacate our home in St. Charles to have our floors refinished. The problem is "we" included our (2) dogs. There are very few pet friendly hotels in the area so the proximity to the house was great. The room was nice but best of all the rooms in the pet section backed up to a large grassy area to walk the boys. There are many other very nice hotels in the area but Holiday Inn provided the necessary amenities needed for the situation. Additionally they had a very nice breakfast bar and the staff was very pleasant.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Robert F, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Steve B,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience while our guest at Holiday Inn Express St. Charles, IL. I am very glad that we were able to care so nicely for you and the extended family of "boys" and that you found Holiday Inn Express to have the best choice of amenities for your family. We believe, as you determined for yourself, that our staff is second to none for courtesy, helpfulness, and friendliness, and our great complimentary breakfast bar is just an added bonus for our wonderful guests.
Once again, thank you for allowing us to serve you while your floors were being refinished, and we welcome you the next time any additional work is being completed on your home.

50 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Oklahoma City, OK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I recently had to go to the St. Charles/Geneva/Batavia, Illinois area for a funeral. I don't know the area and I got this hotel through Hotwire®. I had no problems. In reference to other reviews I had no problems with fleas, bedbugs, or other insects. Okay, so the furniture may not have been the most modern in style BUT it was not beaten up, broken, or dirty; it was clean, dust free and did what it needed to do. The TV and alarm clock worked properly (something not every place can claim in my experience!) and there were enough outlets to charge my electronics.

There was no closet, BUT--and this is key--it was a handicapped accessible room with the necessary huge bathroom. That arrangement most likely took away from a dedicated closet space, but there WAS a shelf with a closet rod to hang my clothes on so there was no problem. The bathroom was clean, and while some people may grouse about every little water stain on the shower (and there were a few, but small, and around only a couple of screws holding the many grab rails and such in place) I had NO problems with cleanliness.

In short, it was clean, bug free, near chain restaurants that are nice for a passer-through. It was just fine. The staff was friendly and helpful as well.

I have no complaints and would stay there again if in the area for a short trip like this.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear phoeg,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We are pleased to know we were able to meet your expectations during your stay. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

6 of us stayed here in a few diff rooms and within 5 mins of being in our room I had flea bites! By the time I left over 2 nights I had 54 and brought fleas home with us and are now dealing with getting rid of them, total pain!

• Stayed August 2013
Robert F, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Dear Sandiegodom,

Thank you for taking the time to write concerning your experience. We take each guest's comments seriously, be they good or bad, as this only helps us to provide a more excellent guest experience while staying at Holiday Inn Express St. Charles, IL.

Since this matter was brought to our attention by you 2 days ago, along your recommendation to forget it if we provided you some money back or complimentary room nights for future stays, we thought it in the better interests of our guests, yourself, and the property to take immediate investigative action. To that end we contacted a pest control specialist who, the day after our conversation, conducted a thorough examination of all 3 guestrooms in which you and your associates stayed. After that examination I am happy to say that they found no evidence of any fleas or infestation of any type. We also learned from guests who occupied those same rooms after you and your associates checked out that they had no issues of the nature you allege. However, to be safe we did take those rooms out of service and did another complete deep clean of each.

We have a rigorous schedule of deep cleaning all guestrooms, and each room is also inspected at least 4 times per year by our own monthly pest control vendor. If any issue is found we take immediate corrective action. To do otherwise would be, in my opinion, not in the best interests of our wonderful guests who deserve and expect nothing less.

I do apologize for the inconvenience that you may have encountered, and again thank you for bringing this to our attention. As I stated earlier, we take these allegations very seriously and then do whatever it takes to correct any issues found immediately.

If you wish to discuss this matter further please feel free to contact me directly.
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

I stay in holiday inn express accommodations quite often. This property is very overdue for a renovation. The furniture is dated, carpet is aged and cleanliness is questionable! I had a small hair and nail clipping in/on my bed. I would not stay at this Holiday Inn Express again.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Apples7IEH,

Thank you for taking the time to write concerning your experience with us. I apologize for any issues that you encountered with your guestroom.

While we are not the so-called "new kid on the block" our housekeeping and maintenance staff works diligently each day to provide a safe and clean environment for our guests and team members. Our guest service and cleanliness scores rank very high in the brand, but I am sorry that you had a less than excellent experience. I have provided your review to our executive housekeeper so that she could share it with her team. In this way they understand our expectations and this helps to ensure that issues of the nature you allege do not happen again.

Again thank you for letting us know of your experience as it only serves to help us as a property. Please accept my apology for our lapse and we would ask that the next time your travels bring you to the St. Charles area that you try us once again.
Green Bay, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Stayed here while in area for a 2 day meeting. Quick check-in! Room very nice. No fridge in room. I feel every room these days should have one. Best thing about this was the bed and the great night of sleep I had. I would have to say it was one of the best nights of sleep I've had in years. I have to give credit to the bed and pillows. It had to be. Thought I'd share. Breakfast in the morning was average. Plenty of options so choose from. Would stay here again for sure!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Highland Park, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I was impressed with the overall cleaniness of the hotel and the staff were all very friendly and helpful. The outdoor swimming pool was very nice as well. My girls loved it. I think they need to consider changing out their older mattresses because they were not as comfortable as other IHI properties I have stayed at but overall I would recommend!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Robert F, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Dear Tina,
Thank you for taking the time to write concerning the excellent stay that you had with us at Holiday Inn Express St. Charles, IL. I agree that our hotel is clean, neat, and that our team members are all friendly and helpful. I am glad that this is exactly what you experienced.

We are in the process of reviewing all of our bedding and looking to change out those items that are due for replacement. While this may take a bit of time, I would encourage you to visit us again the next time your travels bring you to the St. Charles, IL area so that you may see the changes that we are making.
Tega Cay, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

We have stayed at this H.I.E. several times over the past few years.

Very efficient staff including Carlos at the front desk and Angel who fixes almost anything. A friendly crew!

Breakfast selections are abundant and tasty for "institutional" food.

The facility is showing some age, but still offers value.

Great location for those visiting the Far Western suburbs of Chicago.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Keen,

Thank you for taking the time to write us concerning the excellent stay that you had at Holiday Inn Express St. Charles, IL. I certainly agree that the staff is friendly and outstanding, and I also thank you for your kind words about Carlos and Angel. They do an excellent job helping to ensure that our guests have a great time while with us.

We thank you for being a loyal guest and look forward to your next stay with us at Holiday Inn Express, St. Charles, IL.

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!