“Dated holiday inn express” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   1600 E. Main St, Saint Charles, IL 60174 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Saint Charles
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
“Dated holiday inn express”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

I stay in holiday inn express accommodations quite often. This property is very overdue for a renovation. The furniture is dated, carpet is aged and cleanliness is questionable! I had a small hair and nail clipping in/on my bed. I would not stay at this Holiday Inn Express again.

• Stayed August 2013
Robert F, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Dear Apples7IEH,

Thank you for taking the time to write concerning your experience with us. I apologize for any issues that you encountered with your guestroom.

While we are not the so-called "new kid on the block" our housekeeping and maintenance staff works diligently each day to provide a safe and clean environment for our guests and team members. Our guest service and cleanliness scores rank very high in the brand, but I am sorry that you had a less than excellent experience. I have provided your review to our executive housekeeper so that she could share it with her team. In this way they understand our expectations and this helps to ensure that issues of the nature you allege do not happen again.

Again thank you for letting us know of your experience as it only serves to help us as a property. Please accept my apology for our lapse and we would ask that the next time your travels bring you to the St. Charles area that you try us once again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Green Bay, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Stayed here while in area for a 2 day meeting. Quick check-in! Room very nice. No fridge in room. I feel every room these days should have one. Best thing about this was the bed and the great night of sleep I had. I would have to say it was one of the best nights of sleep I've had in years. I have to give credit to the bed and pillows. It had to be. Thought I'd share. Breakfast in the morning was average. Plenty of options so choose from. Would stay here again for sure!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Highland Park, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I was impressed with the overall cleaniness of the hotel and the staff were all very friendly and helpful. The outdoor swimming pool was very nice as well. My girls loved it. I think they need to consider changing out their older mattresses because they were not as comfortable as other IHI properties I have stayed at but overall I would recommend!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Robert F, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Dear Tina,
Thank you for taking the time to write concerning the excellent stay that you had with us at Holiday Inn Express St. Charles, IL. I agree that our hotel is clean, neat, and that our team members are all friendly and helpful. I am glad that this is exactly what you experienced.

We are in the process of reviewing all of our bedding and looking to change out those items that are due for replacement. While this may take a bit of time, I would encourage you to visit us again the next time your travels bring you to the St. Charles, IL area so that you may see the changes that we are making.
Tega Cay, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

We have stayed at this H.I.E. several times over the past few years.

Very efficient staff including Carlos at the front desk and Angel who fixes almost anything. A friendly crew!

Breakfast selections are abundant and tasty for "institutional" food.

The facility is showing some age, but still offers value.

Great location for those visiting the Far Western suburbs of Chicago.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Keen,

Thank you for taking the time to write us concerning the excellent stay that you had at Holiday Inn Express St. Charles, IL. I certainly agree that the staff is friendly and outstanding, and I also thank you for your kind words about Carlos and Angel. They do an excellent job helping to ensure that our guests have a great time while with us.

We thank you for being a loyal guest and look forward to your next stay with us at Holiday Inn Express, St. Charles, IL.
Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We booked our room on Priceline and it seems like this Holiday Inn Express treated us as less-worthy guests as a result. When we checked in the front desk clerk informed us that we were given a smoking room (first, I didn't realize hotels had smoking rooms these days, secondly, we never requested such a room which seems like a requirement for subjecting someone to a smoking room)This was cleared up and we were given a open room right next to the smoking wing. (fine...but not great since smoke smells don't seem to be contained to just the room) Then the guy is explaining how we get to our 2nd floor room and informs us that there is no elevator. We were traveling with kids, which means we weren't traveling light. My poor husband had to haul everything up the stairs, down and around several hallways and make multiple trips.
This location also needed updating. Wallpaper was peeling and the hallways were stinky. I would not recommend anyone staying here. Other Holiday Inn Expresses have been very comfortable and nice...not this one.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Robert F, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear UWBadger22,

Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your recent stay. I apologize for the issues that you represented to us.

I can assure you that we do not differentiate between any of our guests, be they Platinum Rewards members or Hotwire/Priceline booking guests. One distinction, however, is that when you book a room on one of the opaque channels it is booked as a "run of house" room-that is, no choice of accommodation type. It is unfortunate that Priceline did not make you aware of that before you booked. Since we were in a near sell-out position we assigned to you the room type that was available. I am glad, though, that the staff was able to move your accommodation at your request and provide you a non-smoking room.

Once again, thank you for bringing this matter to our attention, and I am very sorry that you had a less than excellent stay with us. It is our goal to provide the best accommodations and most excellent guest service in the market and we are most dismayed when that fails to occur.

If I can be of any further assistance to you please do not hestiate to contact me personally.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Figuring being a holiday inn things would be fine, boy were we wrong. When you wait longer than 20 minutes to get checked in should have been our first sign... Room service lady had to tell us the front desk person would be right back... Yea in 20 minutes!!! Security door getting into the building doesn't close, let alone lock, and we have MOLD all over in our bathroom! This place is so dirty, can't wait to get out of here!!

• Stayed June 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Dear Kacieb123456,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our hardest to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We are so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us and regret you found our level of service and cleanliness less than satisfactory. We take comments such as these seriously and would like to assure you that the points you've raised will be looked into.

I appreciate your feedback and hope that you will give us the pleasure of hosting you again on your next visit.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Wilmington, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

This hotel is a bit old and worn but they make up for it in customer service.Good breakfast and enjoyed the new addition of pancakes. The beds were a bit saggy. The management at the Holiday Inn Express hotels seem to more visible than before and eager to please. No indoor pool, which the nearby Hampton Inn has...but a bit more expensive.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear tlscorpio,

Thank you for taking the time to write concerning your stay at Holiday Inn Express St. Charles, IL. I agree that our team members provide excellent customer service, and all have the do whatever it takes attitude.

We are in the process of updating and renovating areas of the hotel, with particular emphasis on changing out some of the bedding that is due to be retired. I encourage you to visit us on your next trip to the St. Charles, IL area to see the updates we have planned.

Again, thank you for your time and kind words, and we look forward to serving you again.

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!