“Vivi was awesome!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 12 hotels in Saint Charles
Saint Peters, Missouri
“Vivi was awesome!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

She should get an award for her caring and thoughtfulness I defiantly would stay at this hotel again as long as she was there she made my trip away from home very enjoyable. I was very happy with everything except one thing I do smoke and did ask for a smoking room but the room smelt so badly from the cigarettes I had to immediately put on the air to get some fresh air into the room is my only complaint it needed a room deodorizer for sure is my only complaint other than that very satisfied and when I checked in the lady was not helpful at all she gave me wrong room number and was not very polite or pleasant

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWSTCHARLES, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn of St. Charles, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Vivi has been with us for a while now.
I will pass along your wonderful comments and let her know her customer skills are getting recognized.
Thank you again.

Arpit Patel owner

141 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Taylorville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Stayed over night for an evening. The staff was helpful and great to talk to. Michelle at the front desk got me checked in and every thing went great. The room I stayed in had recently been remodeled, and everything was very clean. I'll stay here agin next time I'm in town.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Oceanside, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Management gave us a poor room at first, dark and cramped looking into a wall but happily gave us another room. It was an upstairs room that got hot from sunlight. The A/C unit was noisy and we couldn't sleep. Not a very fun hotel for the money.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Des Plaines, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I really splurged to stay here for 2 nights for my B'day week-end. Was going to Geneva Friday night and wanted to stay close by. But the room was terrible. The toilet was loose and felt very unsafe. The bed was king size but the mattress was shot. The outlet in the bathroom did not work for a night light and a hook was hanging off the door. It was an outside entrance and I was not told that ahead of time. Truck drivers were talking very loud at 6:00am outside. I could not sleep because I was so upset. The room decor was very old & outdated. However, the mgr. came to look over the problems the next morning and decided that the toilet will need to be removed. So he gave me a larger, inside room for the same price. That was nice but I had to move all my stuff and lost time besides being extremely tired. The "better" room had problems also. The toilet didn't flush very well and the bathroom ceiling was in bad shape. It was a nice day so I opened the window and the screen had a big whole in it. The girl that checked me in at the desk was very nice (Julie) but she had a very bad cough. The breakfast was adequate and the price was ok. Also, was disappointed that the pool was closed when I got there. They told me I could use the indoor pool at the Geneva motel in back of them. I should have just stayed there & it was cheaper!
On the plus side the wide screen TV was nice and the motel is in a good location.

Room Tip: Ask if the room is an inside or outside entrance. Also, check to see if everything works right.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
BWSTCHARLES, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn of St. Charles, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
When booking your reservation it is your responsibility to ask about a pool and exterior/interior corridors if that is important to you.
You arrive our hotel after labor day and yes our outdoor pool is closed after labor day.
This is all listed on our website bestwesternstcharles.com and bestwestern.com/innofstcharles.
Guest satisfaction is our #1 priority with the right guests. That is why we sent the manager to look into the matter right away. We gave you a free upgrade in the executive building as you continued to ask to stay in that building. We have received the tripadvisor certificate of excellence 2 years in a row and want to make sure we continue this tradition.
Happy Birthday
Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

This hotel should be classified as a motel as many of the rooms have an outside entrance - customers need to know that ahead of time. Some of the rooms do have indoor access. In general, a decent place for the value price.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Brookfield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We arrived in St. Charles after a rather hectic day of driving crowded roads in Illinois. We were looking for a decent place to stay with affordable price. The young lady who checked us in found us a very good rate and also offered good advice on places to visit in town and good places to eat. The rooms are a tad on the old side, but everything seemed clean and all the facilities were working. We have paid more for rooms in worse shape and rooms that lacked the amenities. I really like having a refrigerator and microwave. The entrance is a little hard to see at first, but the hotel is convenient to roads going in to Geneva. The breakfast was a bit below the BW standard, but did have enough so that we did not need to stop elsewhere for food.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWSTCHARLES, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn of St. Charles, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Gabriel

We are happy to see you had a great stay.
We do have executive rooms that are bigger and newer.
However we will be renovating the entire hotel including the lobby and all guestrooms.
We provide a complimentary Deluxe Continental Breakfast. Best Western approved.
We are not sure what more to add to our menu.
I would like your suggestions!! Please call me at 630-584-4550 Arpit Patel and I would be happy to look into this.
We offer Hot Waffles, Hard Boiled Eggs, English Muffins, Muffins, Toast, Bagels, Oatmeal, Danishes, Cereals, Yogurt, Milk, Juices, Water, and Fruits Currently.
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Stayed here overnight while visiting the area. The staff was friendly and courteous and the room was spacious, clean, and comfortable. The arrival/departure process was quick and easy. We stayed here primarily because they accept pets and we were travelling with our dog. We would definitely recommend this hotel to others visiting the area and plan to stay here on our next visit.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWSTCHARLES, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn of St. Charles, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Jay

Thank You for taking the time to place a review.
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay.
Yes we allow Dogs Only with advance notice and fee in our main building.

Arpit Patel

Been to BEST WESTERN Inn of St. Charles? Share your experiences!