“Private Rooms” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Q Center

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Saint Charles
Q Center
1405 North Fifth Avenue, Saint Charles, IL 60174   |
Ranked #7 of 12 hotels in Saint Charles
New York City, New York
“Private Rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

What I love about this place is that you have your own rooms and don't have to share with other employees when have training from firm. Management goes out of their way to help. Got there early and they checked me in w/o hesitation.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

51 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Cocoa Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I had a great two night stay for training program by my employer. The rooms were small but comfortable and adequate. The food was good with many options. I had a chance to check out a bike and ride the trails which was nice. If you go to the Q Center straight to and from the airport, like I did, you won't really see Chicago at all. The location is so remote from the city but is great for focusing on tasks at hand. Plan on comfortable shoes because its really a long walk from the guest rooms to meals, classrooms, etc. The free wifi was good enough for me. The building is old but well maintained and it feels slightly historical to me, as many older colleagues mentioned that they stayed at the Q center decades ago as recent college graduates. Overall a good place.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I stayed at the Q Center for training with my company, I would not recommend it. The rooms were door style small, the bed was a twin and very uncomfortable. The very worse was I had hung the "Privacy Please" door hanger for them not to come into my room. Of course I had a lot of stuff in my room like electronics that could be easily stolen. I came back to my room and they were cleaning my room, ignoring the Privacy door hanger. They told me that they were required to clean my room. I found this utterly ridiculous. They offer no safes in the room, so how are you going to keep your valuables safe. If you can avoid this place I would.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
dfrenchone, Senior Marketing Communications Manager at Q Center, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Michele S,
I am so sorry you did not enjoy your recent stay at Q Center. We work hard to make every guest's stay comfortable and productive, so we're always disappointed to learn that we have not accomplished this with a particular guest.

I thought you'd want to know that all hotels have a policy in place that involves periodic cleaning and maintenance of rooms, even when the privacy sign has been posted. Like our staff, they will always knock first before entering, and are only there to clean and check for maintenance issues. I would not want you to encounter a similar surprise at the next property you visit.

Should you ever find yourself at Q Center again, please feel free to ask about safety deposit boxes at the Front Desk. While we don't have in-room safes, we do have the ability to lock your valuables at the Desk while you are not in your room.

If there is every anything I or anyone at Q Center can do to make your next stay more pleasant, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards,
Deborah A. French
Senior Marketing Communications Manager
Q Center
630.444.4386
deborah.a.french@qcenter.com
Lake Orion, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Spent a few days at the Q-Center in St. Charles for some business training. This is a training center. Its purpose seems to be to provide a space to bring together large groups for training. It does that adequately. I thought a few tips might make someone's stay a little easier.
1) The rooms are crazy small. Twin beds. Really! You can upgrade to larger quarters. The basic room is a twin bed, a built in dresser/sink, a desk built on top of the heat pump, and a separate toilet/shower. The room itself is probably under 60 square feet. Room to move consists of a 2 foot wide strip about 10 feet long. There is no other floor space. If you expect a normal hotel, you will be disappointed.
2) The food is abundant. As is typical in these settings, the food is all you can eat and there is a nice variety. This is a new venue for the training I attended and there was a broader selection of vegetarian options than in the previous venue but a smaller selection of dessert. Overall I had no trouble finding something to eat. But- I found the food to be singularly one note. There was a real lack of flavor in much of what I ate and with the exception of a grilled fish taco no real depth.
3) The setting is a bit of a labyrinth. Take the time to understand the map online and wander the property a bit before your meeting starts. Once I got a feel for the various buildings I was fine. But there was an initial confusion.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Bangalore, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I have recently been to chicago for a training from my company and the stay and the meetings were Arranged at Q center, Which is an hour away from teh main cuty of chicago.

As soon as i entered the Q center , It was really beautiful, Well maintained property and really huge.

Good points about the place :

Staff is really freindly and will help you with anything and everything.
The Biking trail is just beautiful , You cant miss it if you go there
The conferrencing facilities were really amazing. the management was just perfect .
The food spread was amazingly huge. There was so much to choose from.

Bad points.
The normal rooms where we stayed were really small , I mean like the size of a closet.

Overall , It was a beautiful stay at Q center. Teh amenities like Gym, Biking are really good.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I recently stayed at the Q Center in St. Charles for a work training session that I was leading. The Q Center is the former Arthur Andersen worldwide training center and before that a women's college. It is a 45 minute drive from O'Hare airport in the countryside. The grounds are immaculate and well manicured. The buildings are all well maintained and contemporary. Service is highly efficient. There are no frills. I stayed in the executive room thanks to my employer. The room was like a standard Marriott room. I heard from students that their rooms were small though. The sleep quality was great. The cleanliness of the room was very good. The food was college style with masses of people converging at breakfast, lunch and dinner for buffet style eating. The food is standard mass fare. I didn't see much seasonal product for example. The gym was well equipped. Opportunities for trip to St. Charles and the factory outlet mall were available on some night. Would I stay here again? Yes, if my employer required it for training. Would I stay here personally? Probably not.

Room Tip: Splurge for the executive room. The room is larger. Hey, you get free water! hehe
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Varese, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

The Q-center is a great place for training sessions. Guest rooms are too small but well designed. Restaurant area should be improved to avoid waiting time at lunch and dinner when all guests are there. There is also a second restaurant area for week-end in another building. The food is good but boring after a week there. Always the same taste and kind of food. Training rooms are very well organised. A negative point is the Internet access for guests which is very expensive (WIFI premium service) when the free WIFI service is too limited and cover only guest rooms area. A suggestion: Offer the premium service for free... The Q-center is located in a very nice park closed to a river and the Q-center offers sports facilities. However a car is recommended to visit the St Charles area because staying at the Q-center becomes boring after a while.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Q Center? Share your experiences!