“Isacco is a Good Guy!” 5 of 5 stars

Description: Modern Italian Restaurant & BarModern Italian Restaurant & Bar
Paoli, Pennsylvania
“Isacco is a Good Guy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I noticed that there were not many reviews for this restaurant from out of state customers. Maybe we're the 2nd or 3rd out-of-staters to discuss it? I found this Italian eatery online via Trip Advisor while staying in the local hotel, Pheasant Run, which was also pleasant. Isacco was/is rated #3 of 115 in St. Charles. And we agree it is very, very good, indeed excellent. My wife and I really enjoyed it. We're from the Philly area and very familiar with good authentic Italian cuisine. Since I drove through Cicero, IL, (otherwise known as Al Capone environs) to get here, I won't try to claim superior rights to Italian food knowledge. We sat outside and the owner/chef came out to talk with us. We ordered his red wine recommendation. The salads, [fresh and bagged] bread, entrees and service were excellent. My wife and I recommend this restaurant. We really enjoyed it.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

88% Recommend
Hanover Park, Illinois
“Very good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

My wife and I dined here while staying at Pheasant Run Resort. I had made a reservation earlier in the week, but when we arrived at the restaurant, they had no record of it. The inside of the restaurant is quite small. Fortunately, we arrived early enough in the evening that it was not a problem to get a table. However, when we left it was quite busy. They have a very nice outside seating area, but we did not utilze it as it was quite cool the night we went.

The food was quite good. We enjoyed the Corn Chowder more than we did the Beet and Squash salad. Teh beets and squash were quite good, but there was a lot of red onion, radish, etc that took away from the stars of the dish. It was just a little too busy. I had the Duck Ravioli, which was excellent and my wife enjoyed the homemade Tortellini. The dessert crepes werea great way to cap the evening.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
ILLINOIS
“Great time for Reasonable Price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We were a party of 4 and had Bruschetta Trio followed by White Fish Salad, Shrimp Scallop Diablo, Sae-Food Risotto, and Flank Steak. We topped it off with the Gelato Tasting. Entres were 22-28.
I think the Sea-Food Risotto ($28) was the winner.
We had great service and wonderful food.
I was happy with everything but the service was a little slow. Maybe we came at a bad time (Sat night). I will add photos later.

• Visited July 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

This is a great restaurant with unique dinner choices. Outdoor seating is great. Had the fried dates with chorizo, feta, and olives - delicious! Awesome grapefruit martini's too!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chicago, Illinois
“Wonderful date night restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

My husband and I left the toddler at home with the sitter and tried this restaurant during the Riverfest. The weather was nice and the carnival was booming so we decided to eat outside. The starters are more like American appetizer portions, so one is enough to share. we had the goats cheese stuffed zucchini flowers. Absolutely delicious! My main was the parpadelle bolognaise and my husband had the sea bass. The parpadelle was freshly made and the rich bolognaise sauce clearly had something like pork in it as well. So rich, so full of flavor, and too much for me to finish. My husband at his sea bass risotto and finished with a grappa. I wanted to try a dessert, but was simply too full and completely satisfied with what I had. Another aspect of our dining experience that we enjoyed was that we were NOT in a hurry. The waiter gave us ample time between courses to chat and let our food settle before moving to the next course. So many restaurants want you in and out of the table in less than an hour. I hate it when I am still eating my appetizer and my main course (entrée) arrives. But Isacco appreciates that food is to be savored and enjoyed slowly. If you are in a hurry, come earlier! Also, you may want to make a reservation because it can fill up fast. We accepted a table outside, by the carnival, but many others wanted to be in the quiet indoors.

• Visited June 2013