“OMG...” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Geneva, Illinois
“OMG...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is one of the best kept secrets in Illinois! Wonderful atmosphere in an old church. This location has admittedly struggled to find a successful restaurant over the years, but all is good now. My wife and I eat here fairly often and always bring the kids or other family when they are visiting. The grilled calamari is always exquisitely prepared. If you even think you have tried good calamari get ready for great! The gnocchi is my wife's favorite and I love the spaghetti and meat sauce that is served with an arrabiatta sauce the is spicy and flavorful. When we are looking for lighter fare, the wood-fired oven baked pizza is absolutely delicious and inexpensive at $10. While mostly this restaurant is not terribly crowded during the week, even when it is you can actually here your table mates talking! The service here has always been first rate and in all of our visits here (probably 30+) nobody has ever complained of a bad meal. Worth a visit!

Chicago, Illinois
“Very Good Christmas Eve Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

Went there instead of my usual choice, Za Za's to try something different & was not disappointed. The atmosphere & ambience in this restaurant was excellent---soft music, tastefully decorated and very comfortable. The appetizers we ordered, bruschetta & calamari were good-- bruschetta was outstanding while the fried calamari was decent, but not great. Salads were fresh & delicious and all our entrees were excellent. Linguini w/ white clam sauce was very good, eggplant parm, ravioli, mahi-mahi were all raved about by those in our group. Prices were fair and the only negatives I could find were they might have been one waiter short for the amount of patrons in the restaurant as we waited about 45 minutes after salads until our entrees arrived.... and the bread was just ok. In a fine Italian restaurant, I expect typical hard crust, soft middle Italian bread & I've had much better in some other Italian restaurants. Being Christmas Eve, it wasn't a big concern as we enjoyed the conversation and drinks while waiting...... In all, high marks for this excellent restaurant!

• Visited December 2013
Naperville, Illinois
“Wonderful Homemade Gnocchi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

We had dinner here the night before the Fox Valley Marathon in late September. The service was great with our waiter Jaime. I could not decide between two special menu selections and he suggested that I could order a combination of both which was a great suggestion. I ordered the homemade gnocchi with veal tips in a mushroom sauce (the gnocchi on the menu came with a mushroom sauce without veal). The gnocchi was delicious and was the best gnocchi I have had in a restaurant and the veal was also very tender. My husband order the pasta with chicken and broccoli with pesto sauce The portions were generous and we both had enough for lunch the next day. The atmosphere is pleasant in a former church next to a park.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Fabulous Italian food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I came here the first night we were staying at Pheasant Run. I had their bracciole special. The meat was quite tender, and the thick marinara sauce was by far the best marinara I have ever had. The pasta and thinner sauce were excellent too. She had veal in a Gorgonzola cream sauce, and this was great too. To start with service was slow, but that improved during our meal. In short,we loved it.

• Visited October 2013
Aurora, Illinois
“DINNER AT SCARECROW FEST”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

On Oct. 11th, we went to Scarecrow Fest and decided to have dinner at Nuova Italia and what a fantastic choice we made. We had the Wood Burning Oven Pizza which was out of this world...closet ever to Naples,Italy!!! It was only $10 with sausage which was not big chunks but like ground sausage. It was big enough for the two of us esp after we had basket of hot Italian bread with oil and cheese. House cab was also awesome. I would recommend this to all. We will for sure go again...well well worth it. Also If Jaime, the waiter is still there is was the sweetest ever. Very helpful and attentive to our needs and questions. Thanks Jamie for giving us such a wonderful experience at this restaurant. You are an asset to this restaurant. Almost forgot the cheese cake was to die for with a great cup of coffee! Had a wonderful time at Fest also!

• Visited October 2013