“Bad food bad service” 2 of 5 stars

Description: Backyard comdos and great local family owned restaurant
Naperville, Illinois
“Bad food bad service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

I went here and ordered the Chicken Kiev the chicken was good however the mashed potatoes were dry and tasted like they were made from a box. The salad was warm! I've never been served a warm salad it was so gross. Even the ranch dressing was warm!

My fiancé ordered a chicken
Wrap which she said was average, nothing to write home about.

The service was extremely slow it took about 10 minutes just to greet us then another 15 minutes to get my salad and then maybe 25 minutes for my dinner. And try getting a refill for my Coke, that took forever also.

Overall I was not happy, I will not be a patron of Gabby's ever again. Gabby can take her "Gabby Dollars" (coupons they give for future visits) and shove them somewhere the sun don't shine.

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Saint Charles, Illinois
“gift of gabby”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

My wife, I and our granddaughter had an early dinner there recently.Good food and plenty of it.
we each had tilapia ,granddaughter had fried chicken.Dinner comes with soup or salad.My wife had chicken tortilla soup, I had a salad, each was enough to share so we had the best of both.
The fried chicken was delicious.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
West Chicago, Illinois
“Nothing Special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I wanted this restaurant to be so much more after seeing it on a local food show. But sadly it is just routine. Doubt that the breakfast potatoes or corned beef hash are home made as advertised. Service was very good and staff were all pleasant. But - it was kind of pricey for average food so we won't be going back.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Chicago
“Good Food, Great Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

A fun place to go and have lunch or dinner. We brought the kids with on both occasions. There is a great atmosphere for children. The food is good.

Visited December 2012
Saint Charles, Illinois
“Great family value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We eat at Gabby's every Sunday...they have wonderful omelets and the greek yogurt is homemade by the mother of owners Angelo and John. Angelo is out front greeting customers and John works hard in the kitchen cooking up some wonderful food. Gabby's has many weekly specials that are a real value and VERY tasty. There is little, if no staff turnover...the servers and staff are extremely friendly and attentive.
They have live entertainment Friday and Saturdays and open mike on Thursday. Fridays band is "Toast", a local duo that are quite good. I'm not familiar with the other entertainment.
This is a family establishment, but they do serve alcohol.

• Visited January 2013