“Good value - no major problems” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #6 of 12 hotels in Saint Charles
Virginia
“Good value - no major problems”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

Stayed here for 9 nights while visiting family. The location is a bit off the beaten path in a light industrial area near the small Dupage County airport. Staff I encountered were friendly and helpful, and the facility is pretty well maintained. I asked for a quiet and allergy free room and enjoyed a king suite on the 3rd floor on the non smoking end. (All rooms where pets are allowed are on 1st and 2nd floors.) Never smelled smoke at all and the room was quiet, especially since I could run the a/c fan continuously for white noise. My "do not disturb" sign on the door was respecting by house keeping since I didn't need service everyday, and they did a good job on the days I wanted service. My room did have a slight musty/moisture odor when I first arrived, but running the fan for a while helped. The carpet was frayed where it met the bathroom threshold, but otherwise everything seemed in good repair. I never saw anyone using the indoor pool or jetted pool - they didn't look particularly appealing to me. Breakfast was well stocked and included some hot items each day; fruit selection was a little lacking. There was always hot coffee and water for tea in the lobby. There is a shopping mall across the street, and several chain restaurants within walking distance, as well as a Super Target for anything you didn't bring with you. I thought it was a good value for the rate, and had no problems during the time I was there. (Even a team bus full of students one night didn't impact my stay in a negative way.)

Room Tip: King suite on 3rd floor was quiet - smokers on one end, non-smokers on the other
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

58 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Lake Station, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

We needed a quick getaway and decided on St. Charles. We stayed here for 2 nights. For the most part, this was a very nice hotel. There were little glitches with housekeeping but they were easily worked out. The beds were incredibly comfortable and we enjoyed the continental breakfast. The front desk staff were very nice and friendly. The only complaint we had about the hotel was that sound seemed to carry and we had very noisy neighbors. We didn't complain to the desk because they did quiet down by the time we wanted to sleep. I also wish the pool had been a little bit bigger and a little deeper as 4 ft doesn't allow you to do much swimming.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
st. charles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

I had the priveledge of staying at the St. Charles Country Inn and Suites for three months. I found the staff to be unbelievabley friendly and attentitve to my needs. My room was always emaculate, my breakfast outstanding and the front end staff always greeted me by name when I left in the morning and came home at night.

The General and Assistant manager every week asked me if all was ok and how was my stay. I felt truly like family which was wonderful since I was 1000 miles away from home for the three months I stayed there. I am proud to say that this was my best hotel experience ever. I have traveled and stayed in hotels for years and this topped all stays.

Thank you for a wonderful experience.

George Weiner

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

Our room was clean and comfortable. It was nice to have a fridge and microwave. The beds were some of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in. We all had a great night's sleep. The room was quiet and had dark curtains.

The pool was small but nicely maintained.

The hotel is conveniently located to shopping and within walking distance to a Chilis.

The front desk help was very nice and helpful. Any questions or problems were quickly addressed!

Breakfast was nice but we did have to wait one morning for it to be replenished.

I used the workout room one morning. It is a small room off the pool. There is a treadmill, eliptical and bike. The equipment is very nice w/ a tv on each one. (bring headphones so you can listen)

We would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Merida, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

This is a charmer hotel near the historic district of St. Charles. The rooms were large and very accommodating. The free continental breakfast went above and beyond...including waffles, eggs, bacon, etc. The staff was THE MOST friendly.
Thanks to Mrs. KIMBERLEY NOSKO and to her team for all they did for us. As I told her, we found the hotel through expedia and trip advisor. Why St. Charles? Near a huge outlet in Aurora, near the train station in Geneva ($ 6 dollars and you get in Chicago downtown).
So thank you, thank you very much !!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
GeneralManagerCIS, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Charles, responded to this review, June 9, 2011
Dear Mr Losa - thank you so much for the wonderful comments about my team members and our hotel. We so enjoyed hosting you and your family over the holidays. I am so glad you enjoyed our town of St Charles and that out of all of the hotel in the area - you chose ours to stay at. What a compliment!
General Managaer
Kissimmee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2010

We stayed here for the US Open Brass Band Championships which were being held at the Noris Performing Arts Center. This hotel is near lots of restuarants, a grocery store and shopping. It was only about 35-40 minutes from downtown Chicago too!
The staff was very friendly, even searching out a bottle of mouthwash for my fiance. The lobby was cute with a fireplace and comfy couches and chairs, the room was clean and the complimentary hot breakfast was AMAZING! And the free cookies at the front desk are a nice touch. Overall a great value!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Hi Linday - Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. It was indeed our pleasure to host you and your family during your stay. I am so glad you enjoyed the amenities we provide. We do try to make everyone feel at home!
I hope to see you again in the near future!
Lombard, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

Called hotel for directions and they had no clue. Went to use both of the key cards and they were not programmed. Probably by the same person that could not give directions. We went for breakfast at 9:00 am only to find the doors closed and a meeting going on. Breakfast is supposed to be until 9:30. The dim wit at the front desk said we could go in but we had to be quiet. Seriously! We ended up checking out and went elsewhere.
What a joke!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Dear Guest, I am quite embarrased with your stay at our hotel. We pride ourselves on providing a warm and comfortable stay for our guests and this doesn't seem to be the case when you stayed.
On belhalf of all of the team members here at our hotel - I am truly sorry for a dissappointing stay. We strive to make every guests stay a pleasant one - and are very disappointed when we read we have not met our goal.
We do hope you return and can experience why our hotel is set apart from the rest and received the 2010 Presidents Award for outstanding service. Please contact me personally if your plans find you again in St Charles.
Kimberley Nosko

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Charles? Share your experiences!