“NICE HOTEL” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Nashville, Tennessee
“NICE HOTEL”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2010

I agree with the other reviews. Very positive experience with the following exceptions. There must be plumbing in the wall in the room as I could hear running water throughout my stay. Breakfast was $7ea, if I recall correctly, with no opt out for a "continental". I could here childeren running up and down the hall until about 10:30. Room had high ceilings which eliminated the typical box feeling that many hotels have.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Royal Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2010

I attended the Porsche Parade, had a great time. The Hotel is idealy located minutes from downtown St. Charles, the Staff is exceptional, the cleanest hotel I ever stayed in. The walls are washed down at night and the rugs are shampooed also. It always smell clean and fresh. The rooms are always exceptionally cleaned and also smell fresh. The grounds are very manicured and kept clean. Whether day or night the staff is very responsive to your needs, always a smile and very courtious. I will miss the cookies and coffee in the afternoon. Lunch was great, dinner too. In all It was the best stay ever. I highly recommed this Hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Bloomfield, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

A group of us stayed here in July during the Porsche parade. The hotel was clean, well-kept, up-to-date and had wonderful service by each employee with whom we had contact. Meal service was available and a 24 hour pantry was great for sudden snack attacks,

Our rooms were ready when we arrived at 2 pm and housekeeping pleasantly provided us with additional glasses and towels upon request. Nice comfy beds with good pillows. Small, but sufficient pool, hot tub and fitness center.

Our accomodations were far superior to those who booked across the street at the Porsche convention hotel., We would readily stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Marina del Rey, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2010

I am a fan of the HGI chain in general and this did not disappoint. Large, comfortable room with good AC and a comfortable bed. Adequate pool/hot tub/gym area, nice front staff.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Rockford, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2010

The night we stayed, there was a very large wedding party at the hotel as well. We asked for, and received, a quiet room away from the party, and never heard a peep! The room was comfortable and clean, although we did only have a view of some equipment on the roof (room 201). Lots of pillows and a duvet on the bed, which was quite comforting after a long day! This was our second stay here, and we would certainly stay here again. Nice, friendly staff.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Hartland, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2010

As our company was involved with an event (KMI Show) happening at the Dupage Expo Center I checked into reserving rooms at this locale. In the past, rooms were fully booked and/or roomrates far exceeded what could be has elsewhere nearby- however in my search for this years accomadations, by way of TripAdvisor, I found this locale priced competitevely - so reservations were made. Regarding the reservations for this establishment, I made them directly on Hiltons website and prepaid the stay for two nights via credit card online, saving us a few more dollars a night by this (un-refundable) option.

We arrived mid-afternoon and were greeted promptly with a smile and friendly attitudes from both the front desk clerks working at the time. At time of check in, I requested a room change to a smoking room. The staff was able to make the change for me without a problem. I should comment that if the room change was not able to be completed, that I would not have been upset or disturbed at all, as it was my click-of-the-mouse that reserved the incorrect room in the first place. So a thanks to the HGI staff for allowing me the change. Check in was smooth and enjoyable. The staff was warm and welcoming.

This locale is nice. And we enjoyed the indoor pool, whirlpool and excercise room during our free time. I also used the business center located close to the lobby. All features of this hotel were clean and appeared to be well kept and in working order.

Our room (307) was clean, in great condition, and all items in working order. We were quite interigued with the adjustable mattresses and assortment of pillows. All were comfy. Free wif-fi was a great and welcome ammenity that I've seen other business type hotels charge additonal for. The assorment of cable channels available on the newer large flat screen television was also nice. This room also has a microwave and refridgerator.

With out a doubt, overall, this is a great HGI and I'd easily recommend it to anyone. Great location, clean modern facility with nice ammenities, clean and well taken care of rooms, and a good fit for business travelers and families alike.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Porto, Portugal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2009

Rooms are spacious and clean, staff is very friendly and efficient. It’s located near malls and restaurants and from nice neighborhoods (it can be good for walking or jogging). It has nice meeting facilities. Just two minor negative aspects – it's a little far from dowtown (is far if you want to walk, but near by car) and sometimes the entrance lobby has a food smell due to the restaurant.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Garden Inn St. Charles? Share your experiences!