“Nice, but noisy” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Nashville, Tennessee
“Nice, but noisy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I stayed here a couple years ago and have not changed my opinion. It is a nice hotel, but noisy.

The room was large and clean, except for one of the duvet changes. The duvet smelled sour and I had it replaced. Bathroom was large with plenty of counter space. Fridge, microwave, coffee maker, desk. Wifi speed was fine. Bed was confortable and air conditioning was a little loud, but did the job. You could hear the wind blow through the window, it was below freezing, which made the room chilly at times, even with the curtains drawn.

Breakfast: Made to order omelletes and pancakes ($9.25) was good along with other typical hotel fare. There are several chain restaurants (Chilis, Olive Garden, etc) and a Walmart about 1/2 mile down the road. There is a Culvers a short walk across parking lot. This hotel is about 2 miles from the center of St. Charles and about 5 miles from the center of Geneva. Quite a few restaurants, shops, things to do in the immediate area.

I stayed here several days and found the sleep hours are about 11pm to 8am. This is when the pool closes and most people are in for the night. The doors start slamming about 8am. My #1 deal killer is the amount of noise from doors slamming. Not just slamming doors, but you could feel the bed vibrate from the low thud. This is a bit funny because the doors immediately around me were not that loud.

Room Tip: Stay away from the low 100 room numbers. Very noisy as this is by the pool, workout room, and side...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Charlene F, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St. Charles, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
I’m sorry we were not able to provide you with a satisfactory experience during your recent stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about the about the noise from the hallway. Your comments have helped us to improve our guest experience and we will now be offering free earplugs at the front desk. We hope you will consider staying with us again.

195 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Kalamazoo MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

This hotel is a very good hotel. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. It was a nightmare trying to get to the hotel because of construction on the road and the parking for the auction. Apart from that everything else worked great.. Rooms were very clean and the housekeeping staff very helpful..

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Charlene F, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St. Charles, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay! I am also glad that our team provided the EXCELLENT service we pride ourselves on. We hope to have you with us again very soon!
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

On this trip I had stayed at two hotels I wasn't exactly thrilled with. Oh this one was just right. Check in was a cheerful breeze. Room was sparkling and immaculate. The AC worked great and I did'n't hear any noise from anywhere. Love the HGI adjustable beds. Parking was easy and there were lots of choices to get you close to your room. The wireless internet was fast enough to stream netflix. Breakfast was one of the best ever. Lots of fresh fruit choices, and on the two mornings I was there I got my poached eggs, perfectly cooked in record time. There were also several choices of easy to take away, yet healthy breakfast choices, which are often hard to find. Nearby were lots of retail and restaurant choices. I wish I had stayed here for most of my trip. This is EXACTLY what I want in a business hotel. If I was in the area, I would stay here again. Not one complaint.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Vinny2601, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St. Charles, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you, I am happy we were able to make your Stay excellent
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Always stay here since first opened, standards do change, alway excellant , nothing too much trouble for staff. Always welcomed back, as valued customers. Reception, housekeeping and catering great. Would always recommend.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Vinny2601, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St. Charles, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you for your Excellent Response, we enjoy having you.
Dyersville, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

The Hilton Garden Inn was very nice. I like the fact that they had a refrigerator, good size tv and Bath & Body Works. I didn't really like the bed. Supposedly you could adjust the bed from soft to firm but I couldn't tell a difference. Also, the air conditioner was noisy! They did not have continental breakfast; I think all hotels should. We had to pay for our breakfast, which was good. Lots of construction on the road in front of the hotel, which isn't their fault, but annoying! My son had to call the front desk around 3:00 am because people were talking out in the hall!

Room Tip: I always like to stay on the top floor so I don't hear the guests above us.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Charlene F, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St. Charles, responded to this review, September 15, 2012
I’m so pleased you enjoyed our hotel! However, I’m sorry we were not able to provide you with superb level of service during your recent stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about the noisy AC unit and the uncomfortable bed. Our staff is examining both these issues so we can take the proper steps in fixing them. Your comments will help us perfect our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us again.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

This was our first stay here and we found the hotel both clean and comfortable. The service was great. The first room we were given was a non-smoking room, but still smelled of smoke from the smokers outside, so Erika (?) at the front desk immediatelty moved us into a nicer room that did not smell of smoke without any question. While the hotel is about a 40 minute drive away from downtown Chicago, it was quite central to our needs otherwise and the value was unbeatable! We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
We appreciate your response, thank you for your business.
Roscoe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

We stay here every year during the Bloomington Gold Corvette show in June. We have always been treated with the utmost care. The rooms are large, comfortable and well kept. The staff is friendly and courteous. Everyone goes out of their way to be helpful in every way with directions and tips for alternative dining, etc. We truly look forward to our annual stay here. The shopping in St. Charles and Swedish Days in Geneva w/ sidewalk days and The Little Traveler Shops is so much fun! To our glee, this year a new Culver's had sprung up right next door to the hotel - fabulous for an evening walk to get a snack! The Bloomington show is moving and next year we will be somewhere else. We will miss this hotel and our familiarity with staff, the Portello's, the Filling Station and the St. Charles surroundings very much!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Garden Inn St. Charles? Share your experiences!