“Midwest Hospitality” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Saint Charles
THE VILLAGES
“Midwest Hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

The hospitality of the staff at this hotel is wonderful. We stayed in a suite and plan on staying at this hotel again when we visit in the area and have requested the same accommodations. The suite offers plenty of room with a sofa bed and second TV in the separate divided area. There is complimentary coffee in the room, as well as in the lobby. The refrigerator and microwave are an added bonus for us because of our special diets and medical needs. A great breakfast is offered and my husband definitely enjoyed it. Though we didn't have the opportunity to use the pool area, it looks well kept. Right across the street are plenty of shopping areas as well as restaurants. It is centrally located just off one of the main highways in the area and is an easy access route to the surrounding area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
gsmffi, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear Grandmasandyj,

Thank you for your wonderful review. On behalf of our entire hotel staff, we are grateful that you took the time to share your experience. We pride ourselves on providing great service and accommodations and we are glad that you have felt our hospitality.

We look forward to having you back to visit us again in the future.

Warmest Regards,
Kimberly Nickels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Rockville, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Let's start off by saying that the front desk staff was great. All during our stay they did everything possible to make our stay as comfortable as possible. He is the issues I had. The building was HOT The hall, lobby, restroom, pool are workout room even my room was hot. And the AC at 60 degrees at night did not cool it off. The maintance guy said leave it on low air to draw in more out side air and that did not work. Please cook the eggs runny watery eggs are not very appetizing. And put refridgerators back in the rooms this is one of the few places I have been to that I could not keep my water, almond milk, or any food items cold.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
gsmffi, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear Robert,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. I appreciate that you noted that our Guest Service team does a great job.

You mentioned that you a somewhat disappointing visit. You referred to temperature issues among the problems. We know that with the warming temperatures our ac units are working harder, however you should have had a comfortable room during your visit and I apologize that you had this issue. We will be looking into this issue.

You also wrote that you didn't have a refrigerator and would have wanted one. We have microwaves and refrigerators in all of our suite style rooms. We hope that you decide to return to our hotel and if you do we recommend booking one of these rooms to keep your milk and water cold.

Thank you again for your time and for sharing the areas that we can investigate and work on further.

Normal, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

I need a place for one night close to Delnor Hospital. This was the perfect location. There is also a lot of shopping and restaurants right across the street. The room was very clean and comfortable. While it wasn't anything fancy, I wasn't needing anything fancy. Breakfast was a typical free breakfast but it wasn't bad by any means. If you don't want that kind of breakfast you can easily find someplace nearby.

The best part of the hotel was the kindness from the front desk person. When I made my reservation, she asked what brought me to St. Charles. I told her that my daughter was about to have a baby at the hospital. When I arrived, she expressed congratulations to me. Not only that, but in the morning, there was a greeting card under my door that was signed by the staff. I think that was above and beyond customer service. Thank you to that hotel for that extra mile!! I will definitely stay there again!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
FairfieldStCharles, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Dear Wandav28,

I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your experience with the hotel & more importantly the Front Desk staff here at Fairfield Inn & Suites, St Charles. We strive daily to deliver excellent and memorable service to each of our guests and we our always glad to hear we our meeting that goal. We look forward to having you stay again when in town to visit your grandbaby.

Alison Papini
Grand Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

I didn't spend much time as it was a late arrival and early departure, but the room was quiet, clean and comfortable. The didn't appear to have been updated recently, but not a big deal. Breakfast was great as well. I would stay here again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
gsmffi, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your review about your visit to our hotel. I am happy to see that despite the quick visit you had a comfortable stay. Our staff works very hard to provide everyone with a quiet and clean hotel.

We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Staff was very polite and personal. Hotel was kept very clean and was centrally located to many restaurants and stores. I stayed for three weeks and I felt right st home. The only problem I had was every time I turned my tv off it would turn the other one on in the living room.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
gsmffi, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear Bbundy001,

Thank you for your very pleasant review. We are please that during your three week visit with us you felt right at home. I would like to apologize for the one remote control operating both televisions. We look forward to having you again if you are ever in the St. Charles area.

Thank you for your time and business.
Sanford, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

We spent three great days at the Fairfield Inn in St. Charles, IL. The hotel was clean throughout, the free breakfast was fantastic and the staff complied enthusiastically with our every request. This location was also perfect for our visits throughout the Elgin-to-Batavia area. I would highly recommend this hotel for your recreational and business needs.

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor and there was no road noise any of the nights. It was very quiet.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Moe1970,

Thank you so much for posting your review on your recent visit to our hotel. We are so glad to see that you were well taken care of during your 3 nights in the Batavia/Elgin area.

I am ecstatic that you enjoyed our breakfast and the staff provided the kind service you deserve.

Thank you again. We look forward to having you again in the future.

Kimberly
Illinois City, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

I stayed here for a short 9 hours after work until I could safely drive home in the morning. The room was quiet. While clean, it appeared dated. It was well below freezing out yet there was no comforter on the bed. It looked nothing like the photos. The closet door was broken. There were stains on the chair. I stayed here a couple years ago and the room then was very nice, exactly like the photos. I am wondering if I was given an inferior room as there was a discount for our employees staying at the hotel. Most hotels provide microwave and mini fridge in every room. I was disappointed to have to go back downstairs to use the microwave. The breakfast however was very good. Fresh fruit, eggs (although not enough - it was 7:30 when I ate and there were only a few spoonfuls of eggs left), various whole grain breads for toast. There were other items I did not have such as waffles, sausage, oatmeal, yogurt, etc. Very nice.

While I appreciated a warm bed to sleep in, I think I was given a very small, inferior room due to the discount offered. I think $94 for a very small room in St. Charles is extremely over priced.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
gsmffi, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
Dear Illinois1,

Thank you for sharing your review regarding your most recent visit. I am sorry to read that you felt you were given an inferior room at the hotel. The housekeepers work very hard to remove any stains and make sure the room is well maintained and clean. I assure you that rate discounts do not affect the decision on what room you receive at the hotel.

I am happy to see that you liked our updated breakfast that includes hot items like sausage, eggs, and fresh fruit.

We hope that you decide to give our hotel another try in the future.

Kimberly Nickels

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago St. Charles? Share your experiences!