“Needs Updating - Attitude Adjustment” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #3 of 12 hotels in Saint Charles
Georgetown, Texas
“Needs Updating - Attitude Adjustment”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Stayed here while we were moving out of town. I had to sign my life away about not smoking in my room, then checked into the room and it reeked of smoke. Had to go all the way back down to the front desk to get a different room and the attendant said, "Oh, that was the old smoking section of the hotel, so there must be some lingering smoke smell." I should have said, "Oh, then why did I sign my friggin life away about smoking?" The room was just okay for what you pay for. No mini-fridge, no microwave, little tiny square pillows and worn carpeting. The breakfast area was okay with some limited healthy choices available. There are actually nicer hotels in the area than this one for the same price.

Room Tip: My tip is stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
gsmffi, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear bohste,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review on your hotel stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites St. Charles. I am saddened to see that your original room had a smokey smell when you entered. Our staff works hard to prevent guests from abusing our no smoking policy. Again I apologized that the first room did not follow that standard. I am happy to see that the staff was able to provide you with a different room for your night at the hotel.

You noted that we don't have any microwave or refrigerators in our rooms. Should try our hotel again in the future try one of our suites that include them in the price. Depending on the suite, they typically run just an extra $10.

Thanks again for your review. I hope the move out of the area went smoothly and you're enjoying your new home.

Happy New Year!

70 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Beaver Island, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Great St. Charles / Geneva / Fox River area hotel - Sits back off Randall in the midst of Shopping haven. Very nice Staff and clean all the way down to the HVAC filter, Bathroom felt squeaky new, and this hotel feels new in & out. Shows pride of ownership.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
gsmffi, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Dear Da_YguY,

Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay at our hotel. You are spot on by saying that our staff has pride in the work they do. Each guest is extremely important and our job is to make everyone feel welcomed.

Have a great 2013. We hope to have you visit us again in the future.

Ellicott City, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

We checked in on a Friday and at 4:30 in the morning we were awakened by sounds of passion and when I say sounds I mean my wife and I could hear everything if you know what I mean. This went on until 6am or so. It was around then that every 2-3 mins you can hear every toilet flush over and over as people awake from their slumbers. This was by far one of the loudest hotels I have ever stayed at and I travel a ton. I had to write a review this was just to sad not to mention. Oh well otherwise all was nice very clean and otherwise great. Just beware you can hear everything and it is impossible to get a good nights rest due to the extremely loud pipes in the hotel toilets flush constantly!

• Stayed December 2012
gsmffi, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear B K,

Thank you for taking the time to write a response on our hotel. I am glad to see that you found the hotel cleanliness and service to be great. I am sorry to see that you were able to hear everything outside your room. I can see how noise from flushing toilets and your neighbors can create a disturbing experience at our hotel.

Should you stay again at our hotel, feel free to request a room on the top floor or even on the ends of the floors to be away from as many guests as possible.

Thank you again for providing a review on our hotel.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

First of all, you have to love St. Charles, Ilinois. It's one of those cities you often see at the top of "Best Places to Live in America" articles. Unfortunately there's not much of a selection in places to stay that are above average. This Fairfield Inn is an exception. Completely comfortable. I stay in the area for business and feel it's my "home away from home". The hotel is very well located, nicely decorated, a good value, has great amenities and the staff is amazing. The front desk/office people are the best: Joanna, Diana, Kimberly and Jennifer all do whatever they can to make your stay perfect. At one point, I thought I might be TOO frequent a guest, because I'd walk through the door and everyone addressed me by name! The area has plenty of shopping and restaurants, along with the Kane County Fairgrounds within walking distance or a short drive. The morning breakfast (complimentary) is technically a "Continental", but actually has a lot of food and excellent variety. In addition, the hotel has various newspapers for guests (included), coffee, tea, fruit service (included), excellent wireless internet (included), a small but functional exercise facilty (yes, included), and a wonderful indoor pool and spa. "High-profile" guests are not unheard of here. Parking is handy, and there's a pleasant walking neighborhood nearby.

Room Tip: I like their ground floor rooms near the side doors; they're quiet, and it's easy to come a...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
gsmffi, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear Regulartraveler705,

Thank you for the great review on our hotel, staff and even our local city. St. Charles is such a cozy area. The city was recognized as #1 place for families in 2011 by Family Circle.

We consider our guests to part of the family. We understand that many guest like yourself are on the road for days or even weeks at a time. I am glad to see that even though you may feel like too frequent of a guest that we recognize you each and every time.

Thanks for making our hotel your home.

Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

The room is good, clean and the bed is comfortable. The rooms are not brilliantly appointed, but I must say that the bedding is exceptional. The front desk , the ladies at the breakfast, some of the cleaning personal, all very very friendly and always smiling.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
gsmffi, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Suzi O,

Thank you for writing a great review of our property. We are extremely happy to see that our entire staff from front desk to housekeeping provided you with friendly service.

We are glad to see that the hard work each of our staff members put forth can be seen with a friendly smile.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

We have found our accommodations here to be clean, comfortable and friendly. The staff has been very helpful with our family group (here for a wedding). The rooms are not brilliantly appointed, but I must say that the bedding is exceptional. I am one of those who likes soft pillows....and these were wonderful.
The location has served us well, with quick access to Geneva, St. Charles and Batavia. This hotel is small enough to enhance our family event dynamic, and big enough to give us the space we need between meals.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
gsmffi, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Baysidetrips,

Thank you for sharing your review about your stay with us. We are happy to see that our staff gave you helpful service during your family's wedding event.

You truly described us well with regards to our hotel size. One of the items we pride ourselves in is being able to give individualized service and our hotel size contributes to this.

Thank you again for your review.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I have been at the Fairfield Inn & Suites for four days now and only have good things to say about the property. The rooms are very clean and spacious and the hallways are very quiet. I haven't heard any door slamming and conversations going on in the hallways or from adjacent rooms. I am very picky and particular about room location and the front desk staff (Joanna and Jennifer) were very accommodating in making sure that I was satisfied with my room choice. I recently moved to the area and decided to stay at the hotel until I could get my new place organized. Staying here was definitely the right choice.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
gsmffi, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear gabtur,

Thank you so much for your review. I am glad to see that our staff has been able to take care of you during your transition to your new home. Jennifer and Joanna are great staff members that make each of our guests a priority. Thanks for recognizing them for their hard work.

If you need a staycation in the future, we hope to have you again!

Warmest Regards,
Kimberly

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago St. Charles? Share your experiences!