“You can hear everything and I mean everything!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Shopping Package
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Saint Charles
Naples, Florida
“You can hear everything and I mean everything!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

We checked in on a Friday and at 4:30 in the morning we were awakened by sounds of passion and when I say sounds I mean my wife and I could hear everything if you know what I mean. This went on until 6am or so. It was around then that every 2-3 mins you can hear every toilet flush over and over as people awake from their slumbers. This was by far one of the loudest hotels I have ever stayed at and I travel a ton. I had to write a review this was just to sad not to mention. Oh well otherwise all was nice very clean and otherwise great. Just beware you can hear everything and it is impossible to get a good nights rest due to the extremely loud pipes in the hotel toilets flush constantly!

• Stayed December 2012
gsmffi, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear B K,

Thank you for taking the time to write a response on our hotel. I am glad to see that you found the hotel cleanliness and service to be great. I am sorry to see that you were able to hear everything outside your room. I can see how noise from flushing toilets and your neighbors can create a disturbing experience at our hotel.

Should you stay again at our hotel, feel free to request a room on the top floor or even on the ends of the floors to be away from as many guests as possible.

Thank you again for providing a review on our hotel.

Kimberly

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

First of all, you have to love St. Charles, Ilinois. It's one of those cities you often see at the top of "Best Places to Live in America" articles. Unfortunately there's not much of a selection in places to stay that are above average. This Fairfield Inn is an exception. Completely comfortable. I stay in the area for business and feel it's my "home away from home". The hotel is very well located, nicely decorated, a good value, has great amenities and the staff is amazing. The front desk/office people are the best: Joanna, Diana, Kimberly and Jennifer all do whatever they can to make your stay perfect. At one point, I thought I might be TOO frequent a guest, because I'd walk through the door and everyone addressed me by name! The area has plenty of shopping and restaurants, along with the Kane County Fairgrounds within walking distance or a short drive. The morning breakfast (complimentary) is technically a "Continental", but actually has a lot of food and excellent variety. In addition, the hotel has various newspapers for guests (included), coffee, tea, fruit service (included), excellent wireless internet (included), a small but functional exercise facilty (yes, included), and a wonderful indoor pool and spa. "High-profile" guests are not unheard of here. Parking is handy, and there's a pleasant walking neighborhood nearby.

Room Tip: I like their ground floor rooms near the side doors; they're quiet, and it's easy to come a...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
gsmffi, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear Regulartraveler705,

Thank you for the great review on our hotel, staff and even our local city. St. Charles is such a cozy area. The city was recognized as #1 place for families in 2011 by Family Circle.

We consider our guests to part of the family. We understand that many guest like yourself are on the road for days or even weeks at a time. I am glad to see that even though you may feel like too frequent of a guest that we recognize you each and every time.

Thanks for making our hotel your home.

Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

The room is good, clean and the bed is comfortable. The rooms are not brilliantly appointed, but I must say that the bedding is exceptional. The front desk , the ladies at the breakfast, some of the cleaning personal, all very very friendly and always smiling.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
gsmffi, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Suzi O,

Thank you for writing a great review of our property. We are extremely happy to see that our entire staff from front desk to housekeeping provided you with friendly service.

We are glad to see that the hard work each of our staff members put forth can be seen with a friendly smile.

Grafton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

We have found our accommodations here to be clean, comfortable and friendly. The staff has been very helpful with our family group (here for a wedding). The rooms are not brilliantly appointed, but I must say that the bedding is exceptional. I am one of those who likes soft pillows....and these were wonderful.
The location has served us well, with quick access to Geneva, St. Charles and Batavia. This hotel is small enough to enhance our family event dynamic, and big enough to give us the space we need between meals.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
gsmffi, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Baysidetrips,

Thank you for sharing your review about your stay with us. We are happy to see that our staff gave you helpful service during your family's wedding event.

You truly described us well with regards to our hotel size. One of the items we pride ourselves in is being able to give individualized service and our hotel size contributes to this.

Thank you again for your review.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I have been at the Fairfield Inn & Suites for four days now and only have good things to say about the property. The rooms are very clean and spacious and the hallways are very quiet. I haven't heard any door slamming and conversations going on in the hallways or from adjacent rooms. I am very picky and particular about room location and the front desk staff (Joanna and Jennifer) were very accommodating in making sure that I was satisfied with my room choice. I recently moved to the area and decided to stay at the hotel until I could get my new place organized. Staying here was definitely the right choice.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
gsmffi, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear gabtur,

Thank you so much for your review. I am glad to see that our staff has been able to take care of you during your transition to your new home. Jennifer and Joanna are great staff members that make each of our guests a priority. Thanks for recognizing them for their hard work.

If you need a staycation in the future, we hope to have you again!

Warmest Regards,
Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stayed here for 5 nights. When I arrived I asked for a room facing the back of the hotel and was given one. The rooms were clean and relatively quiet. The beds were a bit too hard. The hallways were kept much too cold. Air conditioners don't need to be on in the hallways in September! The breakfast was satisfactory and the woman who maintained the breakfast area did a great job stocking the food and keeping the area clean. The hotel is close to a lot of stores and restaurants. The one thing I really didn't like is the housekeeping staff coming around at 9 a.m., knocking on doors, loud talking, and making a lot of noise in the hallway. Even though we had a "Do Not Disturb" sign on our door, you could still hear the noise in the hallway. We were on vacation and wanted to sleep in a few days but weren't able to do that because of housekeeping. I would suggest that housekeeping wait until 10 or 11 a.m. before coming around and cleaning rooms. I would give this hotel another try if I were in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
gsmffi, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
Dear MinnesotaVisitor,

Thank you for sharing your review on your vacation experience. Our housekeeping staff do a wonderful job on ensuring each room is completely clean and I am glad to see that you received it. I am sorry that our housekeepers disturbed your mornings during their preparations for the day. Unfortunately they need to start by 9am to accommodate our check-in time of 3pm and to ensure all rooms are cleaned thoroughly each day. We will share you review with our team to be aware of our non-business guests who may want to sleep later in the morning.

I also want to thank you for mentioning our breakfast hostess Maria C. She is a wonderful asset to our hotel and really takes care of our guests by going the extra mile to keep the area tidy and to provide great service.

Sammamish, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

Fairfield Inn was a clean hotel and the staff was great. The rooms need updating but the rates were fine. I would have liked local news in the breakfast area but it was non stop national Fox News for the 5 days we there, funny we stayed at the Marriott Renaissance for a flight the next morning and the same station was on. Please show local news and weather so I feel like I really am in a different city. Must be a Marriott thing.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Rnothich,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel during your recent experience at our hotel this month. Sorry to see that you were not able to watch the local news during breakfast. We start the morning on a local news station and by guest request we change the channel. Don't hesitate to ask to next time you are in town or even visiting another Marriott property, we would be happy to accommodate the request.

Thank you again for your review and for allowing us to be part of the wedding weekend.

Kimberly

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago St. Charles? Share your experiences!