“Clean and Comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Free Parking
Ranked #4 of 12 hotels in Saint Charles
“Clean and Comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

We have found our accommodations here to be clean, comfortable and friendly. The staff has been very helpful with our family group (here for a wedding). The rooms are not brilliantly appointed, but I must say that the bedding is exceptional. I am one of those who likes soft pillows....and these were wonderful.
The location has served us well, with quick access to Geneva, St. Charles and Batavia. This hotel is small enough to enhance our family event dynamic, and big enough to give us the space we need between meals.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
gsmffi, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Baysidetrips,

Thank you for sharing your review about your stay with us. We are happy to see that our staff gave you helpful service during your family's wedding event.

You truly described us well with regards to our hotel size. One of the items we pride ourselves in is being able to give individualized service and our hotel size contributes to this.

Thank you again for your review.

76 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I have been at the Fairfield Inn & Suites for four days now and only have good things to say about the property. The rooms are very clean and spacious and the hallways are very quiet. I haven't heard any door slamming and conversations going on in the hallways or from adjacent rooms. I am very picky and particular about room location and the front desk staff (Joanna and Jennifer) were very accommodating in making sure that I was satisfied with my room choice. I recently moved to the area and decided to stay at the hotel until I could get my new place organized. Staying here was definitely the right choice.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
gsmffi, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear gabtur,

Thank you so much for your review. I am glad to see that our staff has been able to take care of you during your transition to your new home. Jennifer and Joanna are great staff members that make each of our guests a priority. Thanks for recognizing them for their hard work.

If you need a staycation in the future, we hope to have you again!

Warmest Regards,
Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stayed here for 5 nights. When I arrived I asked for a room facing the back of the hotel and was given one. The rooms were clean and relatively quiet. The beds were a bit too hard. The hallways were kept much too cold. Air conditioners don't need to be on in the hallways in September! The breakfast was satisfactory and the woman who maintained the breakfast area did a great job stocking the food and keeping the area clean. The hotel is close to a lot of stores and restaurants. The one thing I really didn't like is the housekeeping staff coming around at 9 a.m., knocking on doors, loud talking, and making a lot of noise in the hallway. Even though we had a "Do Not Disturb" sign on our door, you could still hear the noise in the hallway. We were on vacation and wanted to sleep in a few days but weren't able to do that because of housekeeping. I would suggest that housekeeping wait until 10 or 11 a.m. before coming around and cleaning rooms. I would give this hotel another try if I were in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
gsmffi, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
Dear MinnesotaVisitor,

Thank you for sharing your review on your vacation experience. Our housekeeping staff do a wonderful job on ensuring each room is completely clean and I am glad to see that you received it. I am sorry that our housekeepers disturbed your mornings during their preparations for the day. Unfortunately they need to start by 9am to accommodate our check-in time of 3pm and to ensure all rooms are cleaned thoroughly each day. We will share you review with our team to be aware of our non-business guests who may want to sleep later in the morning.

I also want to thank you for mentioning our breakfast hostess Maria C. She is a wonderful asset to our hotel and really takes care of our guests by going the extra mile to keep the area tidy and to provide great service.

Sammamish, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

Fairfield Inn was a clean hotel and the staff was great. The rooms need updating but the rates were fine. I would have liked local news in the breakfast area but it was non stop national Fox News for the 5 days we there, funny we stayed at the Marriott Renaissance for a flight the next morning and the same station was on. Please show local news and weather so I feel like I really am in a different city. Must be a Marriott thing.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Rnothich,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel during your recent experience at our hotel this month. Sorry to see that you were not able to watch the local news during breakfast. We start the morning on a local news station and by guest request we change the channel. Don't hesitate to ask to next time you are in town or even visiting another Marriott property, we would be happy to accommodate the request.

Thank you again for your review and for allowing us to be part of the wedding weekend.

Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I would like to share an excerpt from the note I sent to this hotel, they are great!

Normally I do not have much to say about my visits but today I do, I have to tell you what an OUTSTANDING experience I had at the St. Charles Fairfield Inn & Suites.

I travel frequently as a consultant and have stayed at more expensive hotels but I have to say the service and experience I had at your hotel rivals that of any 5 star hotel. I would like to share with you a couple of examples:

I was walking to the elevator on the 3rd floor heading out for the evening with my guest and there was someone from housekeeping in the hall heading to her cart, she stepped over and pushed the elevator button so the elevator would be waiting for us. She did not call the elevator for herself, she went back to her cart and kept working, I was so impressed.

The next morning I took my luggage to the car and grabbed some trash to throw out in the large can outside the entrance of the hotel. Another person from housekeeping (guessing that based on the uniform) held the door while I walked up and waited as I threw away the trash.

The woman at the front desk was amazingly welcoming and friendly and helpful when we arrived and checked in.

Lastly, my guest brought her own pillows and in our hurry to leave, she forgot to pack them, when she called they were already identified and she is planning on picking them up this week.

I cannot tell you how impressed I am with the customer service I received at your hotel, I am so sorry I did not stop to find out their names when I thanked them each time for their service so I could recognize them by name but I want you to know, I have already shared my experience at your hotel with several friends and know I will be using your hotel for all my St. Charles stays.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
gsmffi, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Dear Kimberly C,

Thank you so much for sharing your great review about your stay at our hotel. We instill each of our staff members to provide excellence in service and we are extremely proud that you were able to experience this throughout your visit. While our guest service team gets recognize for providing wonderful service, I am so happy that you noticed the service within our housekeeping department. Like you mentioned not all hotels provide great service and at the Fairfield Inn & Suites St. Charles we make service our top priority.

Thank you again for sharing this review and we look forward to being your new vacation home!

Kimberly Nickels
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I stayed at the Fairfield Inn & Suites in St. Charles because I was in town to run the St. Charles Marathon. I requested and received a late checkout because I wanted to be able to take a shower after the race. Due to a minor medical problem, I was not able to return until just before the check-out time. Despite this, the front desk clerk was very accomodating and allowed me to take the time I needed to get cleaned up. I really appreciated this after the stress of dealing with the medical issue. Overall, the hotel is nice and in a great location. And as I mentioned, the staff was very considerate and helpful.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
gsmffi, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Dear Dominic G,

Thank you so much for providing a great review of our hotel and staff. I am glad we were able to accommodate the extra time to refresh after partaking in the Fox Valley Marathon. I heard there were 3,000 participants this year running along with you. Hope you enjoyed the experience in St. Charles despite the medical need you had from the event.

We hope to see you again for next year's event!

Tucson, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

The front desk staff is extremely friendly, the room is spacious and clean and the television has a lot of channels! This is our second visit to this property and we will book this hotel whenever we are in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
gsmffi, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Dear rckautz,

Thank you so much for the wonderful comments on our hotel and staff. Our guest service staff is definitely one of a kind. They live by the Fairfield motto of providing our guests the service that makes them want to come back. So glad that you were well taken care of for your stay this month.

Hope to have you back again in the future.

Kimberly

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago St. Charles? Share your experiences!