“The price was right” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 12 hotels in Saint Charles
Dixon, IL
“The price was right”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

Spent one night at this 10 year old facility, which was upgraded recently. With a senior discount, the price was right. Our 3rd room was comfortable, but not necessarily quiet. There were thunderstorms and high winds, which caused something on the roof above our bathroom to squeal and clatter all night. Even with the bathroom door closed, it still kept us awake more than the thunder storm did. The bed was comfortable, the LCD TV was viewable, the breakfast was meager with microwaveable Jimmy Dean sandwiches. The staff was friendly. We got our money's worth.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

76 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Mobile, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2011

We were very pleased with our stay at the St. Charles Fairfield Inn & Suites. The property was CLEAN inside and out, the pool and hot tub were CLEAN, the staff welcoming, helpful and happy to help us with directions to various places, the breakfast item choices were the best we’ve experienced for a “serve yourself” breakfast, the bed was very comfortable and the room (a King Suite w/Sofabed, microwave & mini-fridge) was well-appointed. I also loved the fact that the ironing board was in good shape, and the iron performed well!! We don’t often travel to the Chicago area, but we will definitely visit the Fairfield again if we do, and we can heartily recommend it to others!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Indian Head Park, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2011

I used this hotel for a wedding block for my daughter's wedding. They are great to work with and went above and beyond our expectations. Calls and emails during the planning were promptly answered by enthusiastic staff. The rooms were clean and nice and the breakfast area was great for our guests to gather in the morning. It was conveniently located to Riverside Receptions (wedding location) in Geneva and there are a wealth of restaurants and shops on Randall if anyone had last minute needs. The friendly staff was very willing to pass out our welcome baskets and when rain caused us to relocate the ceremony from the groom's Mother's garden to a backup location, the front desk notified all 14 rooms of guests and no one missed the event. I would recommend them to anyone planning a wedding in the St. Charles/Geneva/Batavia area.

• Stayed May 2011
Freeport, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2011

Hotel was one of the cleanest I have been to in a looong time. Everything smelled fresh, bathroom was verrry clean. Great continental breakfast. Two thumbs up

Room Tip: View is same no matter which room very quiet
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2011

We found the accomodations flawless. All of the facilities were spotless, the staff pleasant and very helpful. The swimming pool and hot tub were a real delight. The location couldn't have served us better with plenty of first rate shopping and dining very close to the hotel (few hundred feet to a mile or so). The free breakfast was most satisfying and included a wide selection of choices and the coffee was excellent.
Bottom line: We would stay here again and again without question or reservation as hotels of this outstanding quality are the exception not the rule.

Room Tip: Easy. Make your reservation through Marriott.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Tyler, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2011

I have stayed at this property several times for business. The staff provides me and my colleagues with comfortable accommodations and helpful service for my visit to the area. I am a big believer in hand-written note cards, personally. Upon checking in I received a hand-written note card thanking me for returning to the property and welcoming me back from a person on the staff. I will be back with 7 people in a few weeks again.

Dining locations near by that make it easy for a business traveler.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Dousman, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2011

I booked a jacuzzi suite at the Fairfield Inn & Suites in St. Charles because we had an extra day to relax after leaving the Chicago area to head back towards SE Wisconsin. Upon walking into the hotel I headed right to the registration desk. However, I noticed that the lobby "area" had sofas, chairs, & a fireplace, but it was small & open situated right by the elevator, front desk, front door, & near the pool/spa room. The lobby wasn't an area that I envisioned anyone reading the newspaper in or anything like that (too busy). Anyhow, as I proceeded to check-in, the young man at the front desk was sadly less than personable. In fact, he just asked me for my last name & handed me the key cards & that was about the extent of check-in. I didn't feel like I could ask him questions about the area or anything, so I didn't & I grabbed brochures instead & hopped on my laptop via their free wi-fi. I actually had another encounter with the young man at the front desk when my husband & I decided to visit the pool/spa area & realized that there were no towels in the room. When I got out of the spa to go search for some towels, even the fitness room was out of towels. So, I dripped my way to the front desk to ask for a few, but the young man was on the phone & he never even glanced up at me to say a word or give me some kind of facial/hand gesture. Finally, a lady came out of the back room & saw that I needed something & she went to the laundry area to get me a few towels. She stated that she'd make sure the towels were replenished in the pool/spa room, but we never went back to find out. Speaking of the pool/spa room, it was less than glamourous! It was small & very plain. 6 max. in the spa & 30 max. in the pool. We only sat in the spa for a little bit & it was alright (not too hot, not too cold). Odd to us though, the spa was a pre-molded insert, instead of the usual tile & cement types that were used to in hotels, but it worked all the same I guess, it was just tiny. The jacuzzi tub in our room was small as well. It was a corner style jacuzzi tub, but my husband & I managed to fit in amongst the bubbles anyhow. As for the rest of the bathroom area, it's definitely starting to show some wear (noticeable wallpaper patchwork, wallpaper peeling, etc. & the tile floor had many cracks), but it was clean (not sparkling, but clean). On the other hand, the bedroom portion of the room had newer carpeting, cozy bed linens/pillows, & a flat screen TV, but the room was no bigger than any other "normal" hotel room. Lets just say the room I had envisioned in my mind before our arrival didn't match up to what the room actually had to offer, but considering the price, I guess it was to be expected. Also, just to mention, the walls seemed to be fairly thin because we could hear the people in the other room conversing late at night (we couldn't understand what they were saying, but we could hear their voices). All-in-all, the hotel room/amenities for the price paid was decent, but if you're looking for a romantic get-a-way, stellar service, or an amazing room & amenities, you probably want to look elsewhere!

Room Tip: Call.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago St. Charles? Share your experiences!