“Great Value, Clean, friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars

Geneva Motel Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 South Tyler Road, Saint Charles, IL 60174   |
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Saint Charles
Rogers, Minnesota
“Great Value, Clean, friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

I stayed at the Days Inn in Saint Charles. The hotel is certainly fairly priced. The lobby and hotel staff were very friendly. We missed the free continental breakfast by a half an hour and the manager was willing to make me breakfast anyway:) I was low on my morning coffee and the maid gladly gave me several extra packets. The hotel staff also let us check in early at 11:00 am. They have free INTERNET and a computer to use in the lobby. The only negative thing I could stay would be that the indoor pool is really small. They don't have a hot tub and that would be nice, too. If you are traveling with children, they might be a little disappointed with the pool size. Overall, for the price a nice, clean and friendly place to stay in Saint Charles. Great location.-About a block off the main street in Saint Charles.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

Very easy to find. Great location. Great restaurant suggestions. There was a dirty towel in the bathroom. The entire floor of nonsmoking rooms stunk like cigarette smoke. There was only one roll of toilet paper in the room. Had to switch rooms because the room wasn't equipped with what it should've been. Most of all the shower pressure was horrific.

• Stayed July 2011
Antioch, il
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

I have stayed here many times. There breakfast is free and varied, and the rooms are clean. The front desk staff has always been friendly and helpful! Price is right also!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

I stayed here on business trip recently. I paid for 2 nights but stayed for one.
I didn't even care about the money I lost on the one night, I just wanted to leave.
The bed didn't have a fitted sheet on the it. Just 2 flat sheets, and the sheet quality, was that of sand paper. There was nothing keeping the bottom sheet on the bed. So anytime you rolled over the sheet came off. When we first came into the room, The pillows on the bed looked like they were just thrown on the bed, same with the towels, barely folded on the towel rack. Does not give the appearance of a professional cleaning job. The carpet in the room, looked relatively new, but had a decent size stain on it. The public areas of lobby, hallways, and elevator were very dated.
The pluses were a fridge in the room, and it was a quiet room, but thats about it. Overall it just had a depressing, gross feel to it and I slept like crap. Just wanted to leave, so we did. I realize this is not the Ritz Carlton, but I have stayed at Days Inn before, that were much cleaner, and welcoming then this place.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

Yearly we have an event in St. charles and I need to book rooms for over 20 staff members. We have been staying here for the past 3 years and every year we are treated like royality. The Days Inn staff bends over backwards to meet our needs and are there whenever we need some help or advice. The rooms are comfortable, clean and have all the basic needs, including refrigerators and microwaves, not to mention an indoor pool. After trying three other locations in St. Charles, my staff always asks to be back at the Days Inn. Parking is free with plenty of room.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the three corner suites with a whi.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Isanti, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

I have never had a more horrid hotel experience in my entire life. You NEED to continue reading this review before making a decision to stay here. For the sake of your health DO NOT BOOK A ROOM AT THIS HOTEL!!!!!!!

Upon check in, the hotel was dirty and smelled like smoke. Upon further inspection, the room was FILTHY. Since we arrived so late and drove 8 hours to IL, we decided to stay the night anyways. The next day was spent away from the hotel with the "do not disturb" sign on the door for fear of an employee riffling through my belongings. When we got back to the room the second night I pulled back the sheets to crawl into bed and found a small white pill (photo included) in my bed. Since the cleaning crew was not in my room during the day, this told me that the sheets were not changed. Luckily the room had a second bed. I pulled back the sheets to bed #2 and was mortified to find large BLOOD AND URINE stains on the mattress pad (photo attached). THIS HOTEL DOES NOT CHANGE THE SHEETS!!!!!!

I immediately checked out of the room and went to one down the street. After battling for over two weeks with the hotel manager and with customer care, they refused to reimburse me for the price of the hotel room. How can a facility #1 - have BLOOD AND URINE on the bedding and expect a customer to stay there and #2 - NOT reimburse me for the room???? On a side note, the hotel manager (Susan) wouldn't return my phone calls and when she finally did (after calling her 2 or 3 times) she lied to me and said she wasn't at the hotel to receive my messages until 3 days after my stay. Her clerk told me she was in fact there. Someone was lying (my guess it was Susan). After I explained to her what I found in her hotel she didn't apologize, empathize, etc. She offered me 30% off my stay which was NOT acceptable to me.

I escalated this issue to Days Inn Customer Care and I was treated even WORSE - and even hung up on my a customer service manager. What kind of company is this?????

Please... learn from my experience and DO NOT book at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Alma, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011

I have lodged my staff of 20 here in 10 rooms for 2 years in a row, and plan to be back next year. I have a young tech-savvy crew that loved the easy Wi-Fi. I left valuables in the room when I checked out and the housekeepers immediately took them to the desk where they were secured. The staff then contacted my wife at home to get my cell number and notify me of the situation. I was VERY relieved to get their call!
It is a very short walk from this Inn to our two favorite eateries, Colonial Inn and Gino's Pizza. It is a wonderful way to introduce my new staff members to Chicago.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Been to Geneva Motel Inn? Share your experiences!