“Rude & Obnoxious Management” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood, Greek
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Oswego, IL
“Rude & Obnoxious Management”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I had made a reservation for dinner for Valentines Day. I had an Odyssey Groupon to be used.
When we arrived at Odyssey, I was informed that they would not accept Groupons on Valentines Day. They actually said that they do not accept Groupon on "holidays". Valentines Day is NOT a "holiday". I asked to talk to the manager. I pointed out that in the rules listed on the Groupon, it did not show any restrictions on when it could be used, that there was also nothing on the Odyssey webpage that said anything about Groupon restrictions, and that they didn't say anything when I made the reservation. The manager basically told me "tough luck", that they could do whatever they want to do.

Visited February 2013

Carol Stream, Illinois
“Great place to have a party!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Pete and his staff are the best! They take care of everything for the host and made sure all of our guests had a great time. Great food, service and atmosphere at a good price. Looking forward to our next event here.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“The service is horrible!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

I visited this restaurant with hopes that there might be a decent Greek restaurant in my areas. I can not say how disappointing it is. Which explains why half if the restaurant is empty on a Friday night. The food is a little better than average. Where they have lost their customers is the extremely SLOW service. Both times I visited the restaurant we waited for over 15 minutes to even be greeted by our server. I thought it might be a fluke so I went back a month later and the same horrendous service. And when the restaurant is half empty. Well there is just no excuse other than a complete lack of care for their customer. If the food or prices were excellent you might excuse it, but sadly they aren't. Do yourself a favor and visit somewhere else

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Elburn, Illinois
“AMAZING!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We went to Odyssey St. Charles last night celebrating our anniversary and the atmosphere, food, service, and prices were all terrific! We have always driven by and wanted to try this restaurant and were able to finally go because of a good restaurant.com gift certificate we had. Small wait at the door so we decided to sit at the bar and have a drink while we waited. We walked passed an oyster bar that looked yummy. Rick our bartender greeted us and was extremely warm and friendly. He made wonderful suggestions for us since we told him that this was our first time there. We even decided to stay in the bar area to dine since it was so cozy by the fireplace. We ordered oysters, wine, saginaki, sea scallops (ended up ordering another one..sauce was so good), and a meat grill appetizer which was a nice large portion. Everything tasted amazing. We definately had leftovers to take home. The bathrooms were very clean. Great service, cozy warm atmosphere, everyone was having a good time in dining room as well. I can't say enough about how pleasant our experience was. We FOR SURE will be returning there soon! Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Visited November 2012
Geneva, Illinois
“A great taste of Greece in the western suburbs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Odyssey is a wonderful restaurant. The food is delicious and ethnic. The portions are large and the pricing is good. I would highly recommend this place. The bar is fun and the bartender Rick makes it a lot of fun.

• Visited October 2012