“Almost excellent” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Rosemont
Manassas, Virginia
“Almost excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for a weekend. I attended a conference down the road at the Hilton which was within easy walking distance. We were picked up by the Marriott shuttle from O'Hare and in a few minutes arrived at the hotel. Check-in staff was well trained, professional and welcoming. The rooms were great. Except for a creaky sliding bathroom door, our accommodations were awesome. Roomy, clean with both a tub and shower. The hallways were frigid! Nice bar, lounge, restaurant area. Prices were reasonable. Nice decor. We really liked the proximity to the train. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

This was a nice hotel for me given the fact that I was there on business. Rosemont, IL is near the airport so it worked out well in terms of commuting. Didn't care for the hotel restaurant or bar. The drinks were pricey and not worth it. Staff was nice; no complaints about that. Overall it's a good hotel for business reasons. I couldn't imagine staying there if I was on vacation.

Stayed May 2014
Chickamauga, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We stayed here July three nights 7/25-28/14. We chose this hotel for a family weekend in Chicago, but wanted a more reasonable cost than downtown hotels. Every person we came in contact with was exceptionally knowledgeable, helpful, and friendly. They went out of their way to make sure we were fully taken care of and questions answered fully. Our check in was fast and efficient. The young lady was very helpful in directing us to a local restaurant we were seeking. We got to our room and it was clean and comfortable. We really appreciated that the fridge and freezer were already bold ( that is not the case at all hotels). The beds were comfortable, the halls were quiet. I would not hesitate to stay there again!

Room Tip: The back side of the hotel had a nice and quiet view of a business plaza.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We enjoyed our stay here, the rooms were comfortable, clean & very spacious. I traveled with my family to visit Chicago. The hotel staff was excellent. The night we checked in I needed to make a trip to Wal-mart, I wish I had gotten his name but the front desk clerk printed out directions & I had a question about good places to eat nearby he provided me with a great list. He was very nice & provided great customer service. I would rate this hotel as excellent but the parking is in my opinion high as well, especially since when you get in late at night its extremely hard to get a parking spot. I don't think parking should be this high for hotels outside of the downtown area. The pool was nice & housekeeping did a great job with keeping my room clean, I'm glad I tipped everyday. The hotel is right up the street from the new Fashion Outlet mall. Check-in & check out was quick & had no issues. We stayed July 24-27.

Room Tip: If you're staying here to visit downtown Chicago expect traffic at all times of the day & al...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Rochester, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Finding a decent priced hotel with the amount of space I needed for the amount of people I was with was not an easy task. We originally wanted to stay in downtown Chicago, but the prices were way out of our range. So I found the Mariott Suites. $139/night, and also was advertised either 2 double beds and a sofa sleeper or a King bed and a sofa sleeper. On the website it said the double beds was not a guarentee which made me slightly hesistant to book it online. I called the hotel reservations and spoke with a lady and mentioned that the website said it wasn't a guartentee for the 2 double beds (which is what I wanted) and she reassured me that oh its no big deal and they had PLEANTY of those rooms still available. Well when I arrived at the hotel, the front desk attendant said "those rooms aren't a guarentee and we are sold out of them."

I was so frustrated because we had just drove 6 hours away to find that we were not getting the room we had been expecting. Had I known that this room was not available I would have def booked somewhere else. I don't quite understand how they can semi-offer a room type knowing that they are sold out of them. On the bright side, they did credit our parking for both days which I appreciated a lot, but the sleeping situation for everyone was very crammed.

We didnt arrive to the hotel until almost midnight, and then stayed up and housekeeping came knocking on our door at 9am. Before anyone had woken up. I was not impressed with how early they came.

Room Tip: If you choose a room with 2 double beds, be prepared to get a room with a single bed.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Tommie V, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Suites O'Hare, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
I wanted to personally apologize for the inconvenience you encountered during your stay at the hotel. We will utilize your email as a tool to train our team on asking the right questions and by doing this we don't over commit ourselves and raise your expectations and then your request are not honored. I Thank you for your feedback and I look forward to serving you in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Let me get my 1st and only complaint out of the way. Parking was a bit much, $26 to park in a hotel that you're staying in is kind of ridiculous, we found parking easily when arriving, but Saturday night we were outside for 10mins looking for a parking space. Since I got that out of the way, I will move on to our actual stay. The hotel was clean, which was very important to me. The professional pictures were accurate. The staff was accommodating, whenever I requested anything, they were professional and arrived in a timely manner. I would recommend this hotel if you are looking for something nice, simply, clean, and affordable, but you have been warned as far as parking.. Lol.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I stayed on 7/11. My room had a conference table, so it was nice for a business meeting. Great location near airport. Very nice staff. Eddie Carrillo was super helpful and so was a young lady at the bar/restaurant on 7/11 (I think her name was Marisol and her name tag said she was from Mexico) was very helpful with local recommendations and helped me with my to-go breakfast order.

Room Tip: if you need a small room with a conference table, be sure to ask when you make your reservation. Ext...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Been to Chicago Marriott Suites O'Hare? Share your experiences!