“It fulfilled it's purpose” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and save 20%!
Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Rosemont
Washington, DC
“It fulfilled it's purpose”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

This was a nice hotel for me given the fact that I was there on business. Rosemont, IL is near the airport so it worked out well in terms of commuting. Didn't care for the hotel restaurant or bar. The drinks were pricey and not worth it. Staff was nice; no complaints about that. Overall it's a good hotel for business reasons. I couldn't imagine staying there if I was on vacation.

Stayed May 2014

Chickamauga, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We stayed here July three nights 7/25-28/14. We chose this hotel for a family weekend in Chicago, but wanted a more reasonable cost than downtown hotels. Every person we came in contact with was exceptionally knowledgeable, helpful, and friendly. They went out of their way to make sure we were fully taken care of and questions answered fully. Our check in was fast and efficient. The young lady was very helpful in directing us to a local restaurant we were seeking. We got to our room and it was clean and comfortable. We really appreciated that the fridge and freezer were already bold ( that is not the case at all hotels). The beds were comfortable, the halls were quiet. I would not hesitate to stay there again!

Room Tip: The back side of the hotel had a nice and quiet view of a business plaza.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Mommyof4greatkids
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We enjoyed our stay here, the rooms were comfortable, clean & very spacious. I traveled with my family to visit Chicago. The hotel staff was excellent. The night we checked in I needed to make a trip to Wal-mart, I wish I had gotten his name but the front desk clerk printed out directions & I had a question about good places to eat nearby he provided me with a great list. He was very nice & provided great customer service. I would rate this hotel as excellent but the parking is in my opinion high as well, especially since when you get in late at night its extremely hard to get a parking spot. I don't think parking should be this high for hotels outside of the downtown area. The pool was nice & housekeeping did a great job with keeping my room clean, I'm glad I tipped everyday. The hotel is right up the street from the new Fashion Outlet mall. Check-in & check out was quick & had no issues. We stayed July 24-27.

Room Tip: If you're staying here to visit downtown Chicago expect traffic at all times of the day & al...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Cleanliness
Rochester, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Finding a decent priced hotel with the amount of space I needed for the amount of people I was with was not an easy task. We originally wanted to stay in downtown Chicago, but the prices were way out of our range. So I found the Mariott Suites. $139/night, and also was advertised either 2 double beds and a sofa sleeper or a King bed and a sofa sleeper. On the website it said the double beds was not a guarentee which made me slightly hesistant to book it online. I called the hotel reservations and spoke with a lady and mentioned that the website said it wasn't a guartentee for the 2 double beds (which is what I wanted) and she reassured me that oh its no big deal and they had PLEANTY of those rooms still available. Well when I arrived at the hotel, the front desk attendant said "those rooms aren't a guarentee and we are sold out of them."

I was so frustrated because we had just drove 6 hours away to find that we were not getting the room we had been expecting. Had I known that this room was not available I would have def booked somewhere else. I don't quite understand how they can semi-offer a room type knowing that they are sold out of them. On the bright side, they did credit our parking for both days which I appreciated a lot, but the sleeping situation for everyone was very crammed.

We didnt arrive to the hotel until almost midnight, and then stayed up and housekeeping came knocking on our door at 9am. Before anyone had woken up. I was not impressed with how early they came.

Room Tip: If you choose a room with 2 double beds, be prepared to get a room with a single bed.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
Tommie V, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Suites O'Hare, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
I wanted to personally apologize for the inconvenience you encountered during your stay at the hotel. We will utilize your email as a tool to train our team on asking the right questions and by doing this we don't over commit ourselves and raise your expectations and then your request are not honored. I Thank you for your feedback and I look forward to serving you in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Let me get my 1st and only complaint out of the way. Parking was a bit much, $26 to park in a hotel that you're staying in is kind of ridiculous, we found parking easily when arriving, but Saturday night we were outside for 10mins looking for a parking space. Since I got that out of the way, I will move on to our actual stay. The hotel was clean, which was very important to me. The professional pictures were accurate. The staff was accommodating, whenever I requested anything, they were professional and arrived in a timely manner. I would recommend this hotel if you are looking for something nice, simply, clean, and affordable, but you have been warned as far as parking.. Lol.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Traci H
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I stayed on 7/11. My room had a conference table, so it was nice for a business meeting. Great location near airport. Very nice staff. Eddie Carrillo was super helpful and so was a young lady at the bar/restaurant on 7/11 (I think her name was Marisol and her name tag said she was from Mexico) was very helpful with local recommendations and helped me with my to-go breakfast order.

Room Tip: if you need a small room with a conference table, be sure to ask when you make your reservation. Ext...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank lorenll
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Unacceptable attitude from the night time management Machelle B. My friends and I book this hotel through a third party. Before our arrival on July 6th of 2014 we called at 4pm to confirm our room type. Arriving to the hotel at 1:30AM thinking that we will have the requested room available for us, we then realized that it was not the case. The front desk employee Machelle B. at the time who claims to be the manager of that shift gave us a very unpleasant experience with Marriott. She answered the phone while talking to our party, gave us an awful attitude and did not give us any reasonable accommodations. We informed her that we had called ahead of time to confirm the type of room that we needed and that the person who answered the called gave us confirmation of the room. She then asked us if we remember the name of the person we talked to, to confirm this reservation. She also confirmed that she sees the messages from our call and that it's an unfortunate situation. The most unbearable part of this whole experience is that this employee of Marriott talked to my party like we are a bunch of unnecessary customers. She was not polite and did not apologize for the situation. She then promised us complimentary breakfast and that she would send up whatever we need to make it more comfortable; however, we never got the complimentary breakfast confirmation, we had to call the front desk multiple times to get extra towels and blankets. The only good experience of tonight was the gentleman who tried his best to accommodate us. However, I feel that the front desk manager needs an attitude adjustment. Due to this experience with my friends and I we are really disappointed in the services of the front desk and that it would definitely affect future decisions of utilizing Marriott hotels. This comment only meant for the Rosemont, IL Marriott hotel and not applied to any other Marriott's.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 stars
Tommie V, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Suites O'Hare, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
I wanted to apoligize for the inconvenience you encountered during your check in. I will personally use this scenario as a training tool to make sure this doesn't happen again. if I can be of further assistance feel free to give me a call. Again, I apologize for the problems you encoutered and I look forward to serving you in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosemont
Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel
Hyatt Regency O'Hare
Hyatt Regency O'Hare
#7 of 17 in Rosemont
4.0 of 5 stars 1,775 reviews

Been to Chicago Marriott Suites O'Hare? Share your experiences!