“Great stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 16 hotels in Rosemont
Waukesha, Wisconsin, United States
“Great stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Location has it all for this hotel. But the Westin across the street blocks views towards the west looking at the planes take off. And there's other buildings blocking the views on the east side. And I was on one of the top few floors. Overall a very nice property and walking distance to the CTA station

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

217 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Louisville, KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Stayed 1 night after returning from an overseas trip and the hotel was very refreshing. Every employee I encountered from the Van Driver, to Front Desk, to Housekeeping were cheerful and offered a sincere welcome. The room was very large and the bed was extremely comfortable. Didn't try the restaurant. Van service to the airport was easy and prompt(10 minute drive to Terminal 2). Highly recommend and will definitely stay again on future visits to the Chicago area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Olney, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

While I stay at Marriott brands on a regular basis, this was my 1st stay at a Springhill suites. My suite was huge. It would be great for a family. The rooms are well-appointed and work-friendly--nice desk and plenty of outlets. The rooms and bathrooms were very clean. The only downside was the shower was a bit cramped. I ate at the restaurant. Decent bar food and pretty good wine list. They also have some interesting cocktails. I had the French fried green beans. I'm sure they are horrible for your health, but crispy tasty!!! I couldn't stop munching on them. Check in was easy and the staff friendly. There is also a shuttle that runs on a regular basis from O'hare. If you need to stay in Rosemont, I would definitely recommend the Marriott Springhill suites!

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

My recent stay at this hotel was a pleasant stay.The location was convenient to OHare and the Rosemont business corridor.There are also many restaurants close by.There s also a CTA station for the train to downtown Chicago. The room was very nice and large.The bed was very comfortable. The service was excellent as well.I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We stayed here for family vacation for four nights. Each day we travelled with rental car to attractions in downtown. In traffic, drive was about 1 hr, otherwise 35-40 minutes.
But hotel itself was fantastic. rooms were cleaned daily, and thoroughly.
Staff on several occasions went above and beyond in helping our kids.
Room service helped often with plates and other items we needed even though we never actually ordered any food for room service. And they were always smiling and courteous.
House cleaning staff was also great.

What we did not like was their parking fees (supposedly enforced by ohare- not sure about it). No news paper. For suites- I would expect better kitchenette, they just had small refrigerator, sink and microwave.

Overall we were pleased not for the features but more with the service.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Marriott has a great reputation, but this particular location had some noteworthy features. First, the room was very spacious and nicely laid out (compared to other Marriott hotels I've stayed at). It was perfect for stay with my family, because there were double doors between the bedroom and "living" area (room with table, couch, TV, microwave, and fridge).

It has a bath and shower. I wish the bathtub had a showerhead (makes it easier to rinse off my toddler) but certainly not a deal breaker. The airport shuttle is a major convenience. Parking is pretty typical for Chicago, but certainly not as expensive as staying at downtown Chicago hotels!

Overall, I would definitely consider coming here again with my family.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I just wanted to share my experience at the Chicago Marriott Suites O'Hare.

1 - You have to pay for parking. THis woudl not be horrible but it is 24.00 a day plus tax. What they don't tell you is tax is 26.00 a day. So you are paying 50.00 a day for parking alone.
2 - I am an elite Marriott custoemr staying in Marriott's over 75 nights a year. I was given "comps" like 10.00 off room service. The hotel choose to not honnor these comps with incorrect statemnets showing up on my hotel bill.
3 - During my stay the hotl suffered a power outage. Initially it was just all power to our hotel roon leaving us in the dark, with nothign to do. Eventually the backup generators went out as well, so even Emergency/saftey lighting was out. This might be excusable except for the fact that every other building on the block had power. No discount was given for our inconvienience.

Summary
EXPENSIVE parkign with hidden charges
FALSE comps
NO POWER

Visit at your own risk
aceprositter@yahoo.com

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Tommie V, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Suites O'Hare, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Good Afternoon,
I wanted to respond to a few issues you encountered during your stay at the Chicago Marriott O'Hare Suites. I wanted to clarify that our parking charge is 24.00 + tax which equates to 26.00 per night not 50.00. I wanted to apologize for the power failure and our generator malfunctioning. There were 95 grids out in the Rosemont area that night due to the storm and I agree with your assessment which I actually asked the technician why is it that every building around us has power and not the hotel? Their response was that they're on different grids. I will research the issue you mentioned with certificates or coupons that you couldn't redeem. Thanks for listening and I look forward to serving you in the future.

Been to Chicago Marriott Suites O'Hare? Share your experiences!