“excellent stay, family friendly” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early & Save!
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Rosemont
Madison, Wisconsin
“excellent stay, family friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Marriott has a great reputation, but this particular location had some noteworthy features. First, the room was very spacious and nicely laid out (compared to other Marriott hotels I've stayed at). It was perfect for stay with my family, because there were double doors between the bedroom and "living" area (room with table, couch, TV, microwave, and fridge).

It has a bath and shower. I wish the bathtub had a showerhead (makes it easier to rinse off my toddler) but certainly not a deal breaker. The airport shuttle is a major convenience. Parking is pretty typical for Chicago, but certainly not as expensive as staying at downtown Chicago hotels!

Overall, I would definitely consider coming here again with my family.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I just wanted to share my experience at the Chicago Marriott Suites O'Hare.

1 - You have to pay for parking. THis woudl not be horrible but it is 24.00 a day plus tax. What they don't tell you is tax is 26.00 a day. So you are paying 50.00 a day for parking alone.
2 - I am an elite Marriott custoemr staying in Marriott's over 75 nights a year. I was given "comps" like 10.00 off room service. The hotel choose to not honnor these comps with incorrect statemnets showing up on my hotel bill.
3 - During my stay the hotl suffered a power outage. Initially it was just all power to our hotel roon leaving us in the dark, with nothign to do. Eventually the backup generators went out as well, so even Emergency/saftey lighting was out. This might be excusable except for the fact that every other building on the block had power. No discount was given for our inconvienience.

Summary
EXPENSIVE parkign with hidden charges
FALSE comps
NO POWER

Visit at your own risk
aceprositter@yahoo.com

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Tommie V, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Suites O'Hare, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Good Afternoon,
I wanted to respond to a few issues you encountered during your stay at the Chicago Marriott O'Hare Suites. I wanted to clarify that our parking charge is 24.00 + tax which equates to 26.00 per night not 50.00. I wanted to apologize for the power failure and our generator malfunctioning. There were 95 grids out in the Rosemont area that night due to the storm and I agree with your assessment which I actually asked the technician why is it that every building around us has power and not the hotel? Their response was that they're on different grids. I will research the issue you mentioned with certificates or coupons that you couldn't redeem. Thanks for listening and I look forward to serving you in the future.
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

As a business traveler, I've had many stays in many chains. This property is a true gem and one for which the Marriott business should showcase! My room was HUGE, clean, modern, and QUIET. The rate was incredibly competitive. The shuttle service to/from the airport could not have been more convenient and friendly. They also have free, scheduled shuttle service to their Marriott facility down the road (which also happens to be next to a train station), making it easy to go back-and-forth for business meetings. Very friendly front desk staff. Very friendly shuttle drivers. I was most pleased and wanted to go out of my way to praise them for a job well done!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Burlingame, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Booked this hotel for a weekend stay for a night before I had to head out if O'hare on an early flight. The hotel provides shuttle service to O'hare airport and it generally leaves every 20 minutes.
My husband and I were checked into a spacious corner suite on the fifth floor. The room had a living room with writing desk, a minibar area with a microwave, a double bedroom, and a bathroom with a separate tub and shower.
Everything in the room worked. The beds were comfortable. Staff was helpful and let us check in early on a Friday.
It was about a 5- minute walk to the L line station. This is probably the only drawback should it start snowing.
Overall I was happy with my stay.

• Stayed September 2013
Williamstown, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I had trouble getting home to Philadelphia recently from Chicago due to some storms moving through the northeast, so I decided just to postpone the flight a day rather than risk having to sleep at O'Hare. I had to move quick as far as booking a hotel at the airport because a lot of what I was checking was already sold out. So I grabbed a room this hotel even though I didn't really need a suite for just a one-night stay.

I have to say I don't regret doing so. The hotel is clean and very well-kept. Staff is friendly and helpful. The room, as other reviewers have said, was very spacious. It had a separate tub and stall shower which was nice, although I only used the stall shower. There was a heating lamp near the shower which was a nice touch that you don't seem to see in hotels very much anymore. Shuttle service from & to O'Hare airport was prompt and timely - the shuttle pulled up to the door at 6:45 am just as the front desk clerk said it would. Both drivers I had were courteous and helped everyone with their luggage.

Despite being near the airport, the hotel was pretty quiet. Sure, I did hear planes taking off, but what surprised me was that it wasn't a nonstop progression of planes like I was afraid it could have been. I had no problems sleeping, but since I'm a light sleeper, I always use earplugs no matter where I'm staying.

I didn't go into the restaurant or bar, but I did order room service for breakfast. It was delivered right when I asked which is important when you're trying to catch an early-morning flight. The food itself was fine.

Minor complaints: The elevators had kind of a strange smell to them. The "pocket doors" that they used between the bedroom and bathroom had an annoying tendency to wobble back and forth when closed in response to the slightest vibration. But these little issues wouldn't stop me from staying here again. This hotel will be my first choice the next time I have to postpone a trip at the last minute.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Macomb, il
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This Marriott has the largest suite rooms of any I have stayed in. Has a very upscale bath with full tub and shower stall. Very convenient location for accessing the interstate. Nice pool and spa and lobby bar.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

we picked the hotel because of the sq ft. I think it's literally twice the size of some hotel rooms so there's plenty of space for kids to run around. There's a french door that seperates the living area from sleeping. A huge desk in case we need to work.

No free breakfast but McD's is right across the street. One negative is that there's $24 fee for parking overnight, which is steep for O'hare hotel. I would recommend it to any traveler who wants to be close to the airport though. very convenient.

Room Tip: end units have extra windows