“Absoultey, 100%, A+, Superb!!!” 5 of 5 stars

FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Rosemont
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Detroit, Michigan
“Absoultey, 100%, A+, Superb!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

As a business traveler, I've had many stays in many chains. This property is a true gem and one for which the Marriott business should showcase! My room was HUGE, clean, modern, and QUIET. The rate was incredibly competitive. The shuttle service to/from the airport could not have been more convenient and friendly. They also have free, scheduled shuttle service to their Marriott facility down the road (which also happens to be next to a train station), making it easy to go back-and-forth for business meetings. Very friendly front desk staff. Very friendly shuttle drivers. I was most pleased and wanted to go out of my way to praise them for a job well done!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
San Mateo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Booked this hotel for a weekend stay for a night before I had to head out if O'hare on an early flight. The hotel provides shuttle service to O'hare airport and it generally leaves every 20 minutes.
My husband and I were checked into a spacious corner suite on the fifth floor. The room had a living room with writing desk, a minibar area with a microwave, a double bedroom, and a bathroom with a separate tub and shower.
Everything in the room worked. The beds were comfortable. Staff was helpful and let us check in early on a Friday.
It was about a 5- minute walk to the L line station. This is probably the only drawback should it start snowing.
Overall I was happy with my stay.

• Stayed September 2013
Williamstown, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I had trouble getting home to Philadelphia recently from Chicago due to some storms moving through the northeast, so I decided just to postpone the flight a day rather than risk having to sleep at O'Hare. I had to move quick as far as booking a hotel at the airport because a lot of what I was checking was already sold out. So I grabbed a room this hotel even though I didn't really need a suite for just a one-night stay.

I have to say I don't regret doing so. The hotel is clean and very well-kept. Staff is friendly and helpful. The room, as other reviewers have said, was very spacious. It had a separate tub and stall shower which was nice, although I only used the stall shower. There was a heating lamp near the shower which was a nice touch that you don't seem to see in hotels very much anymore. Shuttle service from & to O'Hare airport was prompt and timely - the shuttle pulled up to the door at 6:45 am just as the front desk clerk said it would. Both drivers I had were courteous and helped everyone with their luggage.

Despite being near the airport, the hotel was pretty quiet. Sure, I did hear planes taking off, but what surprised me was that it wasn't a nonstop progression of planes like I was afraid it could have been. I had no problems sleeping, but since I'm a light sleeper, I always use earplugs no matter where I'm staying.

I didn't go into the restaurant or bar, but I did order room service for breakfast. It was delivered right when I asked which is important when you're trying to catch an early-morning flight. The food itself was fine.

Minor complaints: The elevators had kind of a strange smell to them. The "pocket doors" that they used between the bedroom and bathroom had an annoying tendency to wobble back and forth when closed in response to the slightest vibration. But these little issues wouldn't stop me from staying here again. This hotel will be my first choice the next time I have to postpone a trip at the last minute.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Macomb, il
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This Marriott has the largest suite rooms of any I have stayed in. Has a very upscale bath with full tub and shower stall. Very convenient location for accessing the interstate. Nice pool and spa and lobby bar.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

we picked the hotel because of the sq ft. I think it's literally twice the size of some hotel rooms so there's plenty of space for kids to run around. There's a french door that seperates the living area from sleeping. A huge desk in case we need to work.

No free breakfast but McD's is right across the street. One negative is that there's $24 fee for parking overnight, which is steep for O'hare hotel. I would recommend it to any traveler who wants to be close to the airport though. very convenient.

Room Tip: end units have extra windows
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Marriott Airport Suites

Had a quick one night stay at this airport convenient hotel. The airport shuttle (like all the hotel shuttles apparently) is quite a little hike away from your luggage and comes every 20 minutes, not on call. That said, it arrived timely and the driver was a very friendly fellow.

Front desk staff were pleasant as to be expected. This property does not have a concierge lounge (true of all suites properties I believe). They did comp (gold) for breakfast. Suites are comfy with french doors setting off the small bedroom from the living room area. For a longer stay, the fridge and microwave would have been extremely welcome. BIG bathroom with separate show and tub. No shower cap - I forgot to call and inquire, so I'm unclear whether they are on call available.

Tried some room service, it was fine. The pool and whirlpool were both indoor and looked pleasant, alongside the small gym. One point on gym, for whatever reason they didn't have headphones AT ALL, I went to front desk to check. It's possible they're getting phased out, so bring your own. I like to hear my news on the treadmill.

The breakfast had a decent variety although the restaurant menu for dinner/lunch did seem a little limited. I'm guessing it might be because in this area, there are lots of choices (?) for folks to go out. In terms of seating they had a bunch of two person tables that were high tables with high stools lined up against the window. Not my favorite seating in terms of comfort, not sure why they couldn't have some normal height tables along the windows.

I would have no hesitation to stay here again. Also walked from the hotel up the street to take the train in to the city for the remainder of my stay and that was easy to do even with my suitcase.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Ottawa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

This hotel is basically next door to O'Hare. Very close. I'm an aviation buff, so I don't mind the noise of planes flying overhead every 45 seconds. The rooms are spacious; giving you lots of room to unwind. I can honestly say that this hotel has some of the best hotel food I've ever tasted; right up there with the higher end hotels. The fitness center was adequate; it had good equipment but a relatively small space. Staff were very friendly. Not much around the hotel though in close walking distance. SUPER comfortable beds!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Tommie V, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Suites O'Hare, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank you for your comments and I look forward to serving you in the future. Just an FYI there are shuttles available to transport you to the casino as well as the new outlet mall located about a mile down the rode.

Been to Chicago Marriott Suites O'Hare? Share your experiences!