“Great Hotel, not so much parking” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free O'Hare Parking
Ranked #7 of 16 hotels in Rosemont
“Great Hotel, not so much parking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

If you have to stay near O'Hare, this is the hotel for you. Huge rooms, and very quiet, especially being so close to the airport. Service was great and even when a mistake was made with room service, they quickly correctly the error in a professional way.

The true test of a hotel--would I stay there again...yes, most definitely.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Tommie V, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Suites O'Hare, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay. We will use your feedback as a training topic with our room service team. Thanks again for staying and we look forward to your next visit

204 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We usually stay at the Sheraton O'Hare but decided to try Marriott Suites O'Hare since we are Platinum members. We found the Park and Fly deal to be a good value. The room was spacious for 4 people and its nice to have a suite to put the kids to bed early. Would have liked 2 queen beds but the 2 doubles were fine for 1 night stay. The room was clean and not worn down looking. Staff was helpful. I really like the boarding pass printer and the screen showing flight status. I don't know if all Marriott airport area hotels have this, but I have used it at a number of Marriott hotels. It is a nice feature as opposed to having to use the business center.

For negatives, They never did bring our platinum welcome gift which is pretty unusual and unacceptable. Also, it was annoying that upon return to pick up our car we had our parking ticket stamped as we were instructed to then the arm wouldn't go up and nobody answered after we pushed the Help button. We had to reverse out and go back into the hotel, wait in line for the clerk and do it again. Clearly not something we wanted to do after a long trip.

Helpful hint... When returning from a domestic flight you need to catch the shuttle at the Shuttle Center which is located under the parking garage. I think the shuttle stopped at door 3? It's quite a hike from terminal 1. Had we known how long it would take we would have just grabbed a taxi.

Room Tip: We requested a low room thinking it would be quieter considering it's an airport. There was no n...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

This Marriott Suites hotel is the fourth hotel I've stayed near O'Hare and the best one so far. Hyatt O'Hare was too big, Renaissance was too faraway from the airport, Westin felt cold, while this Marriott feels warm and makes you feel you're home.

Front desk staffs are very nice and helpful. Shuttle buses run every 15 minutes and are on time. The suites are not newly decorated I guess, but very spacious, lovely and clean. It's also within walking distance of CTA Rosemont and a McDonald's. There's also a Giordano's Pizza nearby and a Starbucks 5-minute walk away.

I redeemed the room with a certificate. Two stays and then you get a free night. It's such a GREAT deal.

Bottom line: I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Tommie V, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Suites O'Hare, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
I wanted to personally Thank You for your comments and we look forward to serving you in the future.
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

The Marriott Suites is a great hotel with excellent facilities and an extremely convenient location relative to O'Hare airport. The rooms are very large, with desks, mini fridges, coffee makers, microwaves, and all the amenities you would expect. The decor is fairly up to date, and aside from a few signs of wear and tear are generally very nice.

The hotel also has a very good restaurant, and is connected to several office buildings where there are other restaurants as well. There is also a somewhat small gym and a swimming pool. There are a number of restaurants nearby.

The hotel runs a shuttle every 20 minutes to the Airport and to the sister hotel, the Marriott O'hare.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback during your stay at the hotel. We look forward to you visiting us in the future.
West Fargo, North Dakota, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Unfortunately the housekeeping staff cannot be trusted. On my second day (today 5/24/2013... I checked in yesterday) I came back to my room to find that I am missing an iPad from my room. I have contacted management and the Rosemont PD and filed reports. So far everyone has been very good to work with, I however WILL NOT leave this hotel w/o a replacement iPad as it is a business ESSENTIAL for me. I don't blame management or MOST of the rest of the staff, I'm sure it was just one housekeeper being stupid, but the fact is that when I checked in I had an iPad 2 in my possession, when I came back from exploring Chicago today I no longer have one. Let's hope management does the right thing. I am here until Monday so they have time to rectify the problem.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
McKinney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Great lobby, bar and really well prepared food in their restaurant . Large suites and comfortable bed. The view of the courtyard is relaxing and well landscaped with a lot of outside seating, Well equipped work out room.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for your comments and we look forward to serving you in the future
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I was in Chicago for a business trip, with the meeting being held at another hotel across the street. Our group had a "special rate" at the other hotel, but I chose to stay here because it was 60% the rate of the other hotel. My suite, though was much more luxuriant and larger. Accommodations were stylish. Bathroom was large with separate bath and shower also. Very clean. I 'd go here again in the future. Only negative was that even if you are a guest, you have to pay for overnight parking, which was $24 per night. I wish they would reduce the cost if you are a guest.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for taking time to give us your feedback on your previous stay. We look forward to you visiting our hotel in the future

Been to Chicago Marriott Suites O'Hare? Share your experiences!