“Martin Sanchez is a great shuttle driver!” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Rosemont
“Martin Sanchez is a great shuttle driver!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Loved the stay, the hotel was very supportive of Herbalife as we took over the hotel for the annual extravaganza! And Martin Sanchez was the greatest shuttle driver I have ever had, he held a good conversation when I was the only passenger, and also worked to accommodate us as we all left at the end of the weekend!

• Stayed July 2014
RIOHare, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Hello Jmaness,

Thank you for your kind words about our driver Martin. Our hotel was happy to have the attendees of the Herbalife convention stay with us, and it is great to hear that he is part of what made your stay special. It was nice to be surrounded by all the energy that the convention generated in the Rosemont area. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, we hope to see you again soon!

Cory Fay

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Clean, comfortable, great staff. We stay here once or twice a year while visiting family and it is fantastic. Gloria, who oversees the morning breakfast, is a bright spot. She is so kind and accommodating. I always enjoy the fitness center which is clean and always in working order.
Not a bad commute to attractions downtown (as long as you avoid rush hours! :-) and across the street from the arena. We see lots of flight attendants from Ohare here as well.

Stayed July 2014
RIOHare, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Thank you for continuing to stay with us while visiting your family in the area. I am happy to hear that you have been able to get to know Gloria in our gatehouse, she is a great asset to our hotel year in and year out. We appreciate you braving the Chicago traffic to continue to stay with us, of course we are always happy to shuttle to the Blue Line Station at O'Hare airport to help our guests avoid driving downtown. We are looking forward to seeing you again during your next trip to the area. Thank you again for your kind words!

madison, wiscosnin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Needed a suite hotel in the Des Plaines hotel due to an outpatient surgery at a nearby hospital.
I double checked the reservation the day before our stay to request a first floor room and extra pillows. Desk clerk was slow to process the reservation and ended up with a room at the far end of the second floor, overlooking the pool. Extra pillows were requested 4-5 times and only arrived an hour after I called to ask them if I should send my son to Target to purchase a couple if they couldn't get them for me. An hour later they arrived. The room was small, but well supplied if anyone wanted to do a little cooking. The room was fairly clean but not spotless. The shampoo in the little bottle had been partially used, and not replaced. Breakfast was adequate.
Having stayed at other Residence Inns, and Staybridge suites I would consider this one well below average.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your outpatient procedure in the area. I hope everything went well with the procedure. I am sorry that we were not able to meet your request for a first floor room during this stay. We make every effort to try to meet each need of all our guests, and I understand the frustration when we are unable to meet some of these needs. I am happy to hear that you found the room to be well supplied. As a hotel that caters to guests staying an extended period of time, it is important that our guests have all the items they need to be able to cook in their rooms. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us, and I hope we are able to meet your needs during your next visit. Thank you again.

Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

My wife and I were stuck overnight in Chicago because of weather issues. We came to the Residence Inn and Amelia (the night auditor) informed us that they were fully booked up. She then proceeded to make about 20 calls for us to find us nearby accommodations and ever ordered a taxi for us. She did not have to do any of this, but did so quietly, effectively, and with a smile. A real live Ambassador for The Residence Inn.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
RIOHare, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
Hello Eugene,

I am sorry to hear that we were unable to accommodate you while you were stranded in Chicago. We have the opportunity to help out many stranded travelers due to the unpredictable weather in Chicago, and it is a shame that we were unable to have you stay with us recently. Even when we are unable to have you stay with us, our staff takes pride in making sure that you find a suitable hotel and I am happy to hear that Amelia exemplified this. I hope we are able to have you stay with us in the future, and hopefully under better circumstances. Thank you for your positive feedback!

Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Stayed here as it was convenient to ORD for an early morning departure the next day. Area is 'low rent' but that is often the case for places under the flight path of an airport in big cities. Staff were disinterested and clearly didn't want to be there, and have much better stays in other major chains nearby. Rooms a bit dated and below par when compared to other Residence Inns I have stayed at. Convenient location for ORD or events next door at Allstate Arena, but better options elsewhere for the money.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
RIOHare, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Hello SoCalApproach,

I am glad to hear that you found our location to be convenient to ORD for your early morning flight, as well as convenient to the All-State Arena. It is nice to have a venue like the arena in our backyard, and to provide our guests with peace of mind when needing to be at the airport for an early flight. I am excited to inform you that we will be undergoing a renovation this fall in order to modernize our hotel! I hope you will come back and see us upon its completion so you can enjoy our updated product. Thank you again for the feedback, we hope to see you again.

Mifflintown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Went to a concert at the Allstate Arena. Wanted a place to stay close by the arena. My husband and I were extremely impressed with the full (in room) kitchen and space the room offered. The arena is literally out the back door and across a small parking lot. There is a park nearby. Walking distance to a few restaurants and Target (in case you forgot something). The courtyard was nice with a pool and (small) basketball court. Very quiet!!!!!! The front desk associate, Latosha was extremely helpful. She provided invaluable information, directions and insight to our first trip to the city. I would definitely stay here again if I returned to Chicago. Would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
RIOHare, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Thank you for the kind words about our hotel. I am always happy to hear when we exceed the expectations of our guests! Our location directly next to the All-State Arena makes us the perfect hotel for our guests who are attending events there. I am also glad to hear that you had an opportunity to interact with Latosha, she is a valuable asset to our front desk and always goes above and beyond to make our guests feel welcome. Thank you again, we hope to see you again soon!

Keller, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Was catching an early morning flight and needed somewhere close to ORD. My wife used points to book a room for me at the last minute. Great service, good room and good location The bus to the airport was on time the next morning and the driver very friendly.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
RIOHare, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during a quick stopover for an early flight out. We have many guests who choose to book using Marriott Rewards points with us for just the same situation you did. I am happy to hear that you found our staff to be friendly, the room comfortable, and the location convenient for your needs. Our airport shuttle is one of our greatest assets and our drivers are happy to be the face of our hotel at the airport while being punctual. Thank you again for staying with us, we hope to see you again soon!

Cory Fay

Been to Residence Inn Chicago O'Hare? Share your experiences!