“Clean and Affordable” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 16 hotels in Rosemont
Ottawa, Ontario
“Clean and Affordable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

We stayed overnight (Sept 15th) at the Residence Inn by Marriott (Rosemont, Chicago) and were pleasantly surprised by our room (a self- sufficient unit). The one-bedroom suite was very clean and contained everything you would need for an overnight or longer stay (fridge, stove, microwave, dishwasher, dishes, utensils).The buildings and grounds were well-maintained and clean. The front desk staff were friendly and very helpful. The hotel also has Wi-Fi in the room and a complimentary breakfast was available. If you need to stay overnight before your next flight, I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
RIOHare, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us on September 15th before your flight out! We make every effort to be the cleanest and friendliest hotel in the O'Hare/Rosemont area, and I am happy to hear that you were able to experience that during your stay. I am also glad to hear that you were able to take advantage of our spacious suites and complimentary breakfast. Thank you again for your positive feedback, we look forward to seeing you again soon!

183 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Southbridge MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Nice hotel with a staff that tries hard to please... and succeeds. Not the greatest area but very close to airport with efficient shuttles every 30 minutes. Price is reasonable and includes good breakfast and manager's reception, with food and wine/beer, Mon-Fri. Staff is friendly and ready to help with anything. Room was clean and well appointed. I will stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
RIOHare, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you for the kind words regarding your recent stay with us. It is our goal to be one of the cleanest and friendliest hotels in the area, and I am happy you were able to experience that with us. It is our pleasure to be able to offer a complimentary breakfast and hospitality hour for you, and we thank you for coming down to partake. We look forward to seeing you the next time you travel to the Rosemont area. Thank you again.

Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I chose this hotel since my flight to Sanjose was delayed by more than 15 hours from chicago. the proximity to the o'hare airport makes it the ideal choice. the room was huge enough with all the amenities needed for stay. the hotel had multiple buildings and the breakfast was served on another building than where i was given a room. During snow it becomes a problem to reach the other building for eating breakfast. Literally l had to run un the snow. Otherwise an excellent place to stay for business travelers visiting chicago by Air.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
RIOHare, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience from last winter with us. I am happy to hear that you found our location convenient, and that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary breakfast. I am sorry to hear about your delayed flight, and I hope you were able to get some rest during the unexpected 15 hour layover. We look forward to seeing you again soon, hopefully under better circumstances and with less snow!

Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Our group of three spent the last week at this hotel. To say we enjoyed our stay would be an understatement! It was great!
The front desk staff was fantastic from check-in to check-out! They gave us great advice, arranged transportation for us without hesitation whenever requested, and even helped us with great transportation for getting back to Midway Airport. (If you need great transport, have them call John!).
The hotel was clean, and anything we requested was immediately provided. The rooms were also very clean, and most importantly, so were the bathrooms (I have one tiny quibble, but this would affect very few people- the toilets were very low- of our group, only I noticed this as I'm old & have had a hip replacement). I would suggest asking for a handicapped room if you are the same.
There was a complimentary breakfasat, which we found to be excellent. There are also dinners, but we were always out, so did not try them.
The shuttles to O'Hare were very good... we used them to connect to the CTA Transit, but many people were catching planes.
Another positive is that the hotel is a walk across a parking lot to the Allstate Arena- a huge plus for us since our main purpose was to attend WNBA Chicago Sky games.
All in all, every person in our group would recommend this hotel, and we WILL be staying there again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at the Residence Inn Chicago O'Hare. It is always our goal as a staff to do whatever we can to make your stay as comfortable as possible. I'm glad you were able to take advantage of our complimentary breakfast, airport shuttle, and that you were able to meet John, who is an excellent partner to our hotel! Thank you again for the positive feedback, we look forward to seeing you again soon. Go Sky!

Milwaukee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This appears to be an older Residence Inn - don't be fooled by the newly remodeled lobby. It's not terrible, but there are definitely better choices in the area.

Pluses:
+Big rooms with kitchenettes
+Clean (but dated) rooms. My "living room" furniture was in pretty rough shape but the bedroom was spotless.
+Close to O'Hare, the Alliance Center and lots of restaurants

Minuses:
-See above, my room needed a refresh badly
-Buildings aren't connected to the lobby. Few things irritate me more than getting all my stuff out of my car, checking in nbf having to put it all right back in the car to get to my room.
-The immediate area is pretty skeevy. I'm not saying its actively unsafe but there were some pretty grimy apartments next to the hotel and warning signs all over telling you to make sure doors and windows were locked at all times.
-I wasn't at all thrilled to find that, despite the signs, someone had left one of my ground floor room's windows open.
-Don't expect restful sleep here - between the noise of the planes, the sound of people walking overhead (seems to be endemic to RI's), noisy air-con and the ever so thoughtful person before me who reset the alarm to midnight.....No sleep for you!

Unless you absolutely have to stay here, I'd pass this location by in favor of better options in the same area.

Room Tip: Bring earplugs as this hotel gets plane noise from nearby O'Hare
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
RIOHare, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience with us. I'm happy to hear that you found our rooms to be clean and comfortable, and that our location was convenient for you. I appreciate your feedback on the condition of our guestrooms, and we look forward to upgrading them in the near future for your comfort and convenience. I understand your concerns about safety, which is of the utmost importance to us. For your safety and security, we have a staff member on duty 24 hours a day and we provide safety deposit boxes for those wanting to store any valuable belongings. As always, your feedback is appreciated and we hope you take the opportunity to try out our new guest rooms upon completion of our upgrades.

San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I knew about this hotel from staying in the area years ago. I was able to finally stay here and it was great. The hotel does have an airport shuttle and the rooms are lovely, comfy and relaxing.

For those that are attending a show(s) at the Allstate Arena, you do not need to walk that far. There's a strip mall with Target & plenty of restuarants to chose from especially Steak N Shake, Subway, & IHOP which all operate 24hrs.

I'm definietly coming back here again! :D Thanks so much!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us for a show at the All-State arena, and I hope the show was just as enjoyable as your stay! It is always nice to hear of a guest who was aware of our hotel and finally has the chance to enjoy all that we have to offer. We look forward to seeing you the next time there is a show at All-State. Thank you!

Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This hotel is one of my favorites, the staff is extremely helpful and the rooms are always in excellent condition. The location is very convienient to airport, restaraunts, shopping, etc...
The complimentary breakfast as well as the daily manager reception is an excellent perk and is always very well put together.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for telling us about your most recent business trip to stay with us. I am happy to hear that you find our staff helpful and that you are able to enjoy our complimentary breakfast and hospitality hour. We are happy to offer these complimentary amenities to make your life more comfortable when you are on the road. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in town. Thank you again!

Cory Fay

Been to Residence Inn Chicago O'Hare? Share your experiences!