“1 day stay near O'hare” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 16 hotels in Rosemont
Houston, Texas
“1 day stay near O'hare”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We stayed at the Residence Inn near O'hare because of the convenience. We wanted to meet some family members who live in Hoffman Estates, so this location turned out great. The hotel offers free breakfast, and there are a couple of eateries very close to the hotel such as Steak and Shake, Naf Naf Grill etc..I would recommend this location to anyone who wants to avoid Downtown Chicago.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
RIOHare, Manager at Residence Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. It is great to hear that our location worked out well for you while visiting family locally. I'm glad you were able to take advantage of our complimentary breakfast a couple of our local restaurants. Our staff loves the new Naf Naf Grill and Steak N Shake is one of our top clients! Thanks again for the recommendation, we look forward to seeing you again soon!

180 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

This hotel is very close to the O'Hare airport. With it's complete amenities, you'll get your money's worth. From the staffs to the facilities, this hotel is an "A". Our studio room is "spotless". It has a kitchenette complete with a full-sized fridge, a microwave, coffee maker and cooking utensils. A dining set and a living room set. Flat screen tv swivels 180 degrees...wow! A large closet with mirrored sliding doors is a plus. The bathroom looks new...very clean. Shower curtain smells fresh...and the towels too. Couldn't ask for more. Buffet "hot" breakfast is served every morning from 6am-9am on weekdays and 8am-10am on weekends (I wish they start early though on weekends coz that's the time when people leave early to go sight seeing). They serve bagels,bread,muffins,oatmeal,pancakes,scrambled eggs, sausage,baled potatoes, fresh fruits, yogurt,juice,soda,and coffee of course. The only downside is that they serve sausage almost every day. I wish they serve different varieties for breakfast daily so you don't eat the same thing every single day for 5 days. They also have the "evening socials" on weekdays (Mondays thru Thursdays only). We were there from Thursday through Monday only so we just experienced one evening social. Buffet included fried chicken breast fillet and baked sweet potatoes and breads plus Red and White wines...Ooohlala !!! I wish they have the evening socials every night esp. weekends where the hotel rates are much more expensive than the weekday rates :( I also have to mention here that the hotel is located right behind a commercial compound where you can find I HOP, Panda Express, Target, Chipotle, a Sushi Bar, Office Depot, and the All State Arena. They're all a short 5 mins. walk from the hotel entrance.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the main building where breakfast and evening socials are served.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
RIOHare, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you for the "A" review of our hotel for your 5 day trip! I am happy to hear that you were able to enjoy the full kitchen and and extra space in our guest rooms. We take pride on providing a clean and friendly environment for you while visiting with us, and your positive feedback is appreciated. We hope to see you again when you travel to the area. Thank you again!

Bloomington IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I stayed at this Residence Inn the night before an early weekend trip originating at O'Hare. This is a good Residence Inn with all the amenities that you come to expect including large, quiet, clean, comfortable, state-of-the-art rooms and a full breakfast. But there are some extras that make this hotel worth the visit. First, it is walking distance to the Allstate Arena. So if you are going there for a concert that may end late and you live a couple hours away, this is a very convenient choice. If you are flying from O'Hare, the parking here is free. Very few O'Hare hotels charge less than $20 per night for the privilege of using their parking lot. And their airport shuttle makes regular runs at all hours. Just make sure to get a parking pass for your car window. And finally if you are from out of town, some of Chicago's finest pedestrian eateries are a short walk from the hotel. The staff is professional and clearly Marriott-trained. This is a place where I will return.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
RIOHare, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I'm am happy that you were able to take advantage of our clean and comfortable suites, as well as the complimentary parking we offer. We hope you will have the opportunity to stay with us a bit longer next time to take in an event at the All-State Arena and enjoy more of the local dining options nearby. Thank you again, we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I checked in yesterday evening and I was exhausted and worn out from my hectic work day. When I arrived at the hotel, their were three people ahead of me and I became even more flustered. However, the front desk clerk was extremely magnificient. She acknowledged me as I came through the door while attending to the other guest. As I noticed the gentleman at the desk was in training and seemed troubled, the young lady multi-tasked in a timely and effective manner. I inquired about happy hour and she informed me that it was from Monday-Thursday and I didn't want to go back out nor wait for delivery because I had a long day. So the young lady offered me some bagels, fruit and yogurt. I thought that was very considerate of her and exemplified great customer service skills because she really took her time and listened as well as saw how exhausted I was. She was very professional, and courteous and I truly hope her attributes doesn't go un-noticed. However, I didn't get a chance to write a comment card and thank her for everything, but I did leave her a tip at the front desk clerk.

Very Satisfied Guest

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
RIOHare, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you had a frustrating day of travel, but I am happy to hear that our staff was able to help turn that around for you. We encourage our staff to make the extra effort to assure that all of our guests are satisfied, and I am glad that they were able to do so in your case. Thank you again for your kind words, we hope to see you again soon!

Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

We decided to stay here when attending a concert at Allstate Arena. The hotel was very nice and the rooms were clean. It was extremely convenient to just walk over to the concert. There was a evening reception with finger food and drinks which was a nice snack. The breakfast was above average for your hotel typical hotel spread and the service was excellent. Target is also very close to the hotel and there are several restaurants within walking distance. The hotel is located close to some business parks so I wouldn't consider it to be in a bad neighborhood. Overall, I felt safe and would definitely come back especially for another event at the Allstate Arena.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
RIOHare, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. I am happy to hear that you found our hotel to be a clean and convenient option when traveling to events at the All-State Arena. I am glad to hear that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary hospitality hour before heading to your event. We pride ourselves in being one of the cleanest and friendliest hotels in the Rosemont area. We hope to see you again the next time you travel to the Rosemont area.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

This is an extended stay hotel. I had a roomy 2 bedroom 2 bath unit. The unit had a fireplace in the loving area. It seems that the hotel is well maintained. The calking in the bathroom seemed to be recently sealed. The walls were a little thin. I could hear the shower from the neighboring room and heavy footsteps in the hall. The hotel’s parking lot was adjacent to the Allstate Arena parking lot. If you were seeing a show at the arena, this is great. You can walk across the parking lot to get to the arena and not have to pay for arena parking. The hotel was in a nice area with casual restaurants and sandwich places. It was also walking distance to a Target. If you stay at this hotel and want to see the sights in Chicago, the stop for the Chicago subway blue line that connects with downtown Chicago is about a 5 minute drive away. You can take the subway and not have to pay for downtown parking.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
RIOHare, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am happy to hear that you found our hotel to be a convenient location to the All-State Arena, Target, and for travel into Downtown Chicago. I am sorry to hear about the noise you experienced from the neighboring room, we certainly try our best to maintain outside noise to the best of our ability. Thank you again for your feedback, we hope to see you again soon!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Terrible airport shuttle service that runs inefficiently. I had to call twice and wait for about 50 minutes in the cold.
Staff was courteous but only offered poor excuses. Room is average and far from reception for a solo female traveler. Overall not the place to stay if you need reliable airport transfer

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
RIOHare, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am sorry to hear of the issues you experienced with our shuttle service from the airport. I understand your frustration of having to wait outside in the cold weather. Our shuttle runs every half hour from 5am until 1am and picks our guests up at Door 2 of the bus/shuttle center across from the Hilton. We would like the opportunity in the future to show you that we can be a convenient option for an airport transfer. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you again.

Cory Fay

Been to Residence Inn Chicago O'Hare? Share your experiences!