“Good night stay & close to Allstate Arena” 4 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Rosemont
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Good night stay & close to Allstate Arena”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

We decided to stay here when attending a concert at Allstate Arena. The hotel was very nice and the rooms were clean. It was extremely convenient to just walk over to the concert. There was a evening reception with finger food and drinks which was a nice snack. The breakfast was above average for your hotel typical hotel spread and the service was excellent. Target is also very close to the hotel and there are several restaurants within walking distance. The hotel is located close to some business parks so I wouldn't consider it to be in a bad neighborhood. Overall, I felt safe and would definitely come back especially for another event at the Allstate Arena.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
RIOHare, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. I am happy to hear that you found our hotel to be a clean and convenient option when traveling to events at the All-State Arena. I am glad to hear that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary hospitality hour before heading to your event. We pride ourselves in being one of the cleanest and friendliest hotels in the Rosemont area. We hope to see you again the next time you travel to the Rosemont area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

This is an extended stay hotel. I had a roomy 2 bedroom 2 bath unit. The unit had a fireplace in the loving area. It seems that the hotel is well maintained. The calking in the bathroom seemed to be recently sealed. The walls were a little thin. I could hear the shower from the neighboring room and heavy footsteps in the hall. The hotel’s parking lot was adjacent to the Allstate Arena parking lot. If you were seeing a show at the arena, this is great. You can walk across the parking lot to get to the arena and not have to pay for arena parking. The hotel was in a nice area with casual restaurants and sandwich places. It was also walking distance to a Target. If you stay at this hotel and want to see the sights in Chicago, the stop for the Chicago subway blue line that connects with downtown Chicago is about a 5 minute drive away. You can take the subway and not have to pay for downtown parking.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
RIOHare, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am happy to hear that you found our hotel to be a convenient location to the All-State Arena, Target, and for travel into Downtown Chicago. I am sorry to hear about the noise you experienced from the neighboring room, we certainly try our best to maintain outside noise to the best of our ability. Thank you again for your feedback, we hope to see you again soon!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Terrible airport shuttle service that runs inefficiently. I had to call twice and wait for about 50 minutes in the cold.
Staff was courteous but only offered poor excuses. Room is average and far from reception for a solo female traveler. Overall not the place to stay if you need reliable airport transfer

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
RIOHare, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am sorry to hear of the issues you experienced with our shuttle service from the airport. I understand your frustration of having to wait outside in the cold weather. Our shuttle runs every half hour from 5am until 1am and picks our guests up at Door 2 of the bus/shuttle center across from the Hilton. We would like the opportunity in the future to show you that we can be a convenient option for an airport transfer. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you again.

Fargo, ND
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

My friends and I were headed home to Fargo when our flight from Chicago was canceled due to weather. We came in on Sunday and couldn't get out on a flight until Tuesday. There were six of us and we booked a two bedroom suite at the residence Inn. What a find! Everyone was super friendly, the room was fantastic and there was a wonderful hot breakfast. To top that off, there was a free happy hour with beer/wine and hot food. The location was also wonderful with restaurants and Target in walking distance.

The staff was exceptional. Everyone we visited with were efficient and friendly. They really seemed to care. This was true of the shuttle driver that took us around the area so we could see where the restaurants and Target was. It was also the front desk staff that chatted with us and suggested options while we were there. The meet and greet happy hour was especially nice. The managers came around to visit and Gloria helped us with our food and drinks.

All in all, the stay at this hotel made our unfortunate situation much better. Big thank you to everyone working February 10-12.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your stay with us in February. I am sorry to hear that your flight was cancelled, but I am happy to hear that you found our hotel to be a comfortable option while you were stranded. Our complimentary breakfast buffet and evening happy hour are a convenient alternative to going out to eat when winter weather hits. We hope to see you again under better circumstances.

Washington Township, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I recently stayed at the Residence Inn for business. Our company's travel agent booked the rooms, so I really didn't have a choice (typically when I book my own travel, I check Trip Advisor and try to stay in the top third of hotels in a given area..I was a little concerned when I saw a ranking of "15 of 16."

I must say, however, that I was pleasantly surprised at the hotel itself. The hotel was immaculately clean (and I am notorious for checking "everything" in a room, even looking at the underside of a mattress). The room was spacious. The staff was friendly. The breakfast in the morning was plentiful. The shuttle service was reliable and convenient.

The downsides? Pretty much what others have noted. The area is a little bit sketchy (the hotel is sandwiched between an apartment complex and a target). There is a sign on the back of each room door strongly advising people to be sure the room's windows are locked and the door is deadbolted shut (as a frequent traveler, I know this statment usually shows up in fine print in the "about our hotel" folio). The hotel is directly in the flight path, so if you're not being awakened by the early morning sounds of Target opening for business (including their cargo being unloaded from large flatbeds), the sound of planes practically on the rooftop is sure to get you up and moving. And in a "questionable" area, I wasn't entirely comfortable having to go outside to get back to the main gatehouse.

Would I stay here again for business? Probably, assuming I was traveling with colleagues and it was for a quick stop. As I said, the room was immaculately well kept, which is a huge deal for me. One more word of caution... definitely take the shuttle from the airport. I made the mistake of taking a cab... driver had no GPS, didn't know where he was going, and $20 and about two heart attacks later, I finally arrived at the hotel. Shuttle would have been MUCH better.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
RIOHare, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Residence Inn Chicago O'Hare. I am happy that we were able to show you that our cleanliness and service far exceeds our 15 of 16 ranking. I am sorry to hear that you missed the shuttle service on your way in, we are happy to provide a shuttle that runs every 1/2 hour from 5am until 1am daily to make travel to and from the airport convenient. I appreciate your concerns about the noise coming from the surrounding areas, we are happy to do what we can to help make sure you are affected as little as possible from outside noise while you are staying with us - including finding a room that is as quiet as possible. Thank you again for your feedback, we hope to see you again soon.

indianapolis, indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Stayed here while I attended a convention at Donald E Stephens Convention Center. The hotel is in a very nice area, located a short drive from the convention center, with several shops and restaurants near by. I chose the Residence Inn due to the proximity to the convention center and offered free parking. Most of the hotels closer to the convention center offered parking for $20-25, but parking at the convention garage was only $13.

The breakfast was very good, with a good selection of cereals, waffles, eggs, yogurt, biscuits and gravy, etc. Even though it is located by the airport I didn't hear any airplanes while in the room. Very good hotel and would definitely recommend.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the positive review of the Residence Inn Chicago O'hare. I am happy to hear that you found our location to be convenient and cost effective for your business at the Stephens Convention Center. Complimentary parking and full buffet breakfast are just a few of our amenities that make us a unique hotel in the O'Hare/Rosemont area. We hope to see you again in the future, thank you again.

chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We had a small fire @home and our insurance placed us at the Residence Inn, Marriot temporarily. No words are enough to express how grateful we feel to be staying there. The rooms are big and clean (it feels like home) and we are allowed to keep our two small dogs with us. We even have a kitchen and have access to a laundry. All staff members are very friendly and resourseful. The hotel even serves daily breakfast as well as dinner 4 times a week to hotel guests free of charge. The hotel even has access to computers (free of charge) as well as printing service therefore my teenage daughter doesn't miss out on any homework. The hotel is surrounded by many restaurants and there is a Target next to it as well. I would definitely go back to this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us while relocated from your home. I am glad to hear that we were able to offer a comfortable alternative while you were displaced from your home. I am happy to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful, and that you were able to take advantage of all the amenities we have to offer. We hope to see you again in the future, hopefully under better circumstances.

Cory Fay

Been to Residence Inn Chicago O'Hare? Share your experiences!